PDA

View Full Version : You cheating New England sonsabitches ...

johnnd05
09-10-2007, 07:10 PM
From ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012989):

NFL security confiscated a video camera and its tape from a New England Patriots employee on the team's sideline during Sunday's game against the Jets in a suspected spying incident, sources said.

The camera and its tape were placed in a sealed box and forwarded to the league office for investigation, the sources said.

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello. "Clubs have specifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited.

"We are looking into whether the Patriots violated this rule."

The Patriots' cameraman was suspected of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches who were sending signals to their unit on the field, the sources said. The league also is investigating some radio frequency issues that occurred during the game.

The league's competition committee could conduct a conference call about the incident, which violates NFL policy, and ultimately recommend a penalty that could cost the Patriots a future draft pick or picks if it verifies that the team was spying on the Jets.

"It's not their first time," a member of the committee, who did not wish to be identified, said.

CRAZY ....

CLEARWALL
09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow, if this is true, Belichick is the ultimate scumbag coach in the league.

johnnd05
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Wow, if this is true, Belichick is the ultimate scumbag coach in the league.

No - it's CHARLIE WEIS'S fault, you hear me? He cheated for all those years, and that's the ONLY REASON they ever won. He is a CHEATER and a FRAUD!

LMAO at myself ...

Newc
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
John may be on to something here....DAMMIT....get cameras on those sidelines, then ND can return to greatness!!!

Sureal
09-11-2007, 09:37 AM
No - it's CHARLIE WEIS'S fault, you hear me? He cheated for all those years, and that's the ONLY REASON they ever won. He is a CHEATER and a FRAUD!

LMAO at myself ...

Drats!!! Foiled again!!! :banghead2

johnnd05
09-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Let me just say again that I LOVE how BoSox and Yankee fans are being brought together over all of this. (Though your team still BLOWS.)

Sureal
09-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Let me just say again that I LOVE how BoSox and Yankee fans are being brought together over all of this. (Though your team still BLOWS.)

Yeah ND is the peacemaker and I would like to extend my good wi...

What th.. I know he didn't just...

What!!! The Sox blow????
:swordfigh

johnnd05
09-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah ND is the peacemaker and I would like to extend my good wi...

What th.. I know he didn't just...

What!!! The Sox blow????
:swordfigh

Yep. And we're going to kick the living crap out of you this weekend, my brotha from anotha motha.

:starwars:

Go Irish!

Newc
09-11-2007, 10:05 AM
John...please...take some time off from the board. Go grab a beer, get a massage, go play a round of golf.....all this fighting the past few days has made you delusional. We're worried about you man.

johnnd05
09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
John...please...take some time off from the board. Go grab a beer, get a massage, go play a round of golf.....all this fighting the past few days has made you delusional. We're worried about you man.

:( But how will I EVER get any work done if I don't have IE to distract me?

johnnd05
09-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Here's more (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677):

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

And more (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3014944). If this is for real, that is MESSED UP. Honestly I have trouble believing it ...

Steve
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
New Patriots Logo - TheGangGreen.com Message Board (http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=24681)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

johnnd05
09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Bill Simmons weighs in:

Spying on opponent's signals is just plain seedy. It's one step above playing footsie with someone in an airport men's room. It's a disgrace. It's embarrassing. Even though everyone probably cheats in the NFL to some degree, the 2007 Patriots have been caught twice in a month -- once because their defensive leader (Rodney Harrison) admitted to buying HGH, once because they videotaped defensive calls at the Meadowlands. We're on a blistering pace of 17 bastardizations of the sport this season.

More here (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070912).

Sureal
09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
The Patriots are quickly becoming the most hated team in the NFL.

Sureal
09-13-2007, 01:13 PM
It doesn't help that the Chargers want to stomp a mudhole in their tushes...

mexicanirish
09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
A camera on the sidelines?!?!?! With all the new technology coming up these days NE went with the biggest, most visible tool. What ever happened to those damn little "penny-sized" cameras. Watch some ENEMY OF THE STATE and take some notes!!!

Sureal
09-21-2007, 12:16 PM
A camera on the sidelines?!?!?! With all the new technology coming up these days NE went with the biggest, most visible tool. What ever happened to those damn little "penny-sized" cameras. Watch some ENEMY OF THE STATE and take some notes!!!

LOL!!!!:rotflmao: