IrishRamMan10
08-18-2007, 10:05 PM
9 for 11 102 yards!!!!

IrishRamMan10
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
10 for 13 126 yards!

IrishRamMan10
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
13 for 20 155 yards 2 TD's.... What now raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win4Gipper
08-18-2007, 10:22 PM
do the spikes count against his attempts?

Pete
08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
do the spikes count against his attempts?

yes

IrishRamMan10
08-18-2007, 10:26 PM
how many spikes he have?

Overdose
08-18-2007, 10:41 PM
3 spikes I think.

Win4Gipper
08-18-2007, 11:23 PM
an article is reporting 3 and the NFL play by play was showing 4

NDboy15
08-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I got tickets last minute and it was awesome seeing him play in a Browns uniform. He threw mostly high percentage pass plays and his accuaracy could have been a little better, but I'm a pessimist. But as a Browns fan I'm not too excited because 3 years ago the Brown drafted Luke McCown and he led the Browns to a couple wins in preseason and people were hyping him up in the call-in shoes after the game, but during the regular season he turned out to be a bust. Just my thoughts from being there.

Also, I feel bad for Ken Dorsey, because with about 2:00 left in the 3rd Dorsey came in and not Quinn after chants of "Brady,Brady,Brady" and the whole stadium started to boo. Turns out he played better than our first two starter and led the Browns to a touchdown. ( But against the 3rd and 4th stringer)

HereComeTheIrish
08-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I got tickets last minute and it was awesome seeing him play in a Browns uniform. He threw mostly high percentage pass plays and his accuaracy could have been a little better, but I'm a pessimist. But as a Browns fan I'm not too excited because 3 years ago the Brown drafted Luke McCown and he led the Browns to a couple wins in preseason and people were hyping him up in the call-in shoes after the game, but during the regular season he turned out to be a bust. Just my thoughts from being there.

Also, I feel bad for Ken Dorsey, because with about 2:00 left in the 3rd Dorsey came in and not Quinn after chants of "Brady,Brady,Brady" and the whole stadium started to boo. Turns out he played better than our first two starter and led the Browns to a touchdown. ( But against the 3rd and 4th stringer)

Brady was 13 of 20 for 155 yards and 2 TD's. In case you were playing with you're belly button during his two drives were going on, he grounded 4 balls TO STOP THE CLOCK...

So, I ask the question...he threw three balls which missed receivers during the course of the game...two balls right through the hands of his receivers and one he air mailed into the first row. What accuracy problem are we talking about here?

NDboy15
08-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Just some of the passes he threw were behind recievers, although only one of those passes went completely behind a reciever, some plays were nice catches by a couple Browns recievers, just something as a Browns fan I hate getting so excited in pre-season. He threw a couple of screens and pop passes to the TE. His numbers look great, even with the spikes, but I saw room for improvement and that is what I posted about. And although most people are not Browns fans on this board, going home on the call-in shows people were ready to annoint him the savior, right now, and I want to see him play against a little better competion and see him air out a couple big plays. I guess accuracy was the wrong word to use, this is his first NFL game, Browns wanted to slowly bring him into it, but I don't want people to get to excited.

Edit: I also I guess I just wanted to air one out long, instead of the short stuff. ( Although, his first play, the screen to I think it was Barclay, went for a big chunk of yards, that was because of the blocking and RB.)

HereComeTheIrish
08-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Just some of the passes he threw were behind recievers, although only one of those passes went completely behind a reciever, some plays were nice catches by a couple Browns recievers, just something as a Browns fan I hate getting so excited in pre-season. He threw a couple of screens and pop passes to the TE. His numbers look great, even with the spikes, but I saw room for improvement and that is what I posted about. And although most people are not Browns fans on this board, going home on the call-in shows people were ready to annoint him the savior, right now, and I want to see him play against a little better competion and see him air out a couple big plays. I guess accuracy was the wrong word to use, this is his first NFL game, Browns wanted to slowly bring him into it, but I don't want people to get to excited.

Edit: I also I guess I just wanted to air one out long, instead of the short stuff. ( Although, his first play, the screen to I think it was Barclay, went for a big chunk of yards, that was because of the blocking and RB.)

I suppose, however, under the circumstances, I think he was extremely accurate and did EXACTLY what was asked of him. Brady went out and took what was given to him which was underneath routes and dump offs. The long ball wasn't there...

Great Job Brady!

NDboy15
08-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Cleveland Browns' Quinn certain he can be better

Sunday, August 19, 2007 Steve Silver Plain Dealer Reporter

"Neither Derek Anderson nor Charlie Frye helped clear the muddied starting quarterback waters Saturday night, but Brady Quinn shined in his debut performance.

Quinn entered in the fourth quarter with 9:20 remaining and immediately made his presence felt by completing his first five passes against the Detroit Lions amidst a Super Bowl-like flurry of camera flashes.

Unfazed by the raucous welcome, Quinn led the Browns to their second touchdown of the game on a seven-play, 63-yard drive that took 2:41. Quinn passed on every play and nearly capped off the touchdown with a two-point conversion throw.

"I guess the biggest thing for me was to get things rolling and get things started," Quinn said after the Browns' 23-20 loss to Detroit. "A simple rule I've always been taught is take what the defense gives you. That was a great example of what we did."

Despite finishing 13-of-20 (with four spikes) for 155 yards and two touchdowns, Quinn admitted he still has plenty of work to do before making a bid for the starting quarterback role.

"I think my timing could have been better," Quinn said. "There were a lot of things, detailed things that I can work on - technical, fundamental things."

Even if Quinn was not ready to praise his own performance, he was relieved just to see game action following his tumultuous 16-day holdout.

"I've been holding a clipboard now for about a game and three quarters, so you get excited when you know you are going to get in and you're just not sure when," Quinn said. "You kind of get writer's cramp over there taking down all those plays."

Although the fans inside Browns Stadium hailed Quinn's performance as the beginning of a new, victory-laden era of Cleveland football, Quinn did not stray far from the company line following the game - repeatedly complimenting Anderson and Frye.

He even jabbed at those calling for him to take over the starting role.

"I've always heard that the back-up quarterback is always the favorite quarterback for the Cleveland Browns and that is tough, because you need to follow whoever the starter is," Quinn said. "All of the quarterbacks will tell you that we support whoever the starter is, game in and game out. That's how our team feels so I think our fans need to feel the same way."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

stevenjsilver@gmail.com, 216-999-4370 "

Now after reading that article I know what I meant to say, his timing not accuaracy. Just a fraction a second of a difference. I didnt mean to take anything away from Brady, I really liked his poise especially for a rookie but I don't want to elect him mayor... yet.

Although he may do a better job than current mayor...

HereComeTheIrish
08-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Cleveland Browns' Quinn certain he can be better

Sunday, August 19, 2007 Steve Silver Plain Dealer Reporter

"Neither Derek Anderson nor Charlie Frye helped clear the muddied starting quarterback waters Saturday night, but Brady Quinn shined in his debut performance.

Quinn entered in the fourth quarter with 9:20 remaining and immediately made his presence felt by completing his first five passes against the Detroit Lions amidst a Super Bowl-like flurry of camera flashes.

Unfazed by the raucous welcome, Quinn led the Browns to their second touchdown of the game on a seven-play, 63-yard drive that took 2:41. Quinn passed on every play and nearly capped off the touchdown with a two-point conversion throw.

"I guess the biggest thing for me was to get things rolling and get things started," Quinn said after the Browns' 23-20 loss to Detroit. "A simple rule I've always been taught is take what the defense gives you. That was a great example of what we did."

Despite finishing 13-of-20 (with four spikes) for 155 yards and two touchdowns, Quinn admitted he still has plenty of work to do before making a bid for the starting quarterback role.

"I think my timing could have been better," Quinn said. "There were a lot of things, detailed things that I can work on - technical, fundamental things."

Even if Quinn was not ready to praise his own performance, he was relieved just to see game action following his tumultuous 16-day holdout.

"I've been holding a clipboard now for about a game and three quarters, so you get excited when you know you are going to get in and you're just not sure when," Quinn said. "You kind of get writer's cramp over there taking down all those plays."

Although the fans inside Browns Stadium hailed Quinn's performance as the beginning of a new, victory-laden era of Cleveland football, Quinn did not stray far from the company line following the game - repeatedly complimenting Anderson and Frye.

He even jabbed at those calling for him to take over the starting role.

"I've always heard that the back-up quarterback is always the favorite quarterback for the Cleveland Browns and that is tough, because you need to follow whoever the starter is," Quinn said. "All of the quarterbacks will tell you that we support whoever the starter is, game in and game out. That's how our team feels so I think our fans need to feel the same way."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

stevenjsilver@gmail.com, 216-999-4370 "

Now after reading that article I know what I meant to say, his timing not accuaracy. Just a fraction a second of a difference. I didnt mean to take anything away from Brady, I really liked his poise especially for a rookie but I don't want to elect him mayor... yet.

Although he may do a better job than current mayor...

LMAO...

Water is wet

Grass is green

The sky is blue...

:D

NDboy15
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Round two tonight. Hope Brady can see some action against some first stringers.

Go Browns!

johnnd05
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Round two tonight. Hope Brady can see some action against some first stringers.

Go Browns!

Looks like Frye and Anderson have both been doing well so far (11/13, 129 yards between them, near the end of the first half). I guess we'll see what Brady brings to the table after the break.

johnnd05
08-25-2007, 10:30 PM
They're 12/15 now, for 131 yards, at halftime.

johnnd05
08-25-2007, 11:34 PM
... and Brady starts off 7/8 for 81 yards and the Browns' first passing TD of the day.

:rockwoot:

johnnd05
08-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Brady's final line: 7/11, 81 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, and one rush for two yards.

Oh, and the Browns won, 17-16.

Win4Gipper
08-26-2007, 12:47 AM
He was robbed on that second TD....I just read an article that said he threw a sweet pass that should have been a TD but was ruled OB. The article advised that the reciever stayed inbounds and it was a bad call.

CLEARWALL
08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
If Crennell values his job, he needs to start Brady ASAP.

NDboy15
09-01-2007, 08:49 AM
If Crennell values his job, he needs to start Brady ASAP.

True, but I might want to what couple weeks into the season, when we get some lineman back at full health and the line is gelling. Don't want another Tim Couch situation in Cleveland.

johnnd05
09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Charlie Frye is gone. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014233) Brady is #2. (http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070912/SPORTS12/709120445/1021/XML)

Wait for it ...

goldandblue
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
won't be long.

Newc
09-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I have a feeling that Anderson will get the call for the next two games, then its the Brady Quinn show.