PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod 500th Homerun

jboxer562
08-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Someone's gotta give the guy some props! Here's to A-Rod and the Yankees on their hot streak! They will make the playoffs!!!!!

Note: The same guy caught A-Rod's 500th HR and Matsui's 100th HR

bostonirish1908
08-05-2007, 10:49 PM
That is probably the luckiest guy in the worl, I have been going to baseball games all my life and I have never caught a ball

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Screw A-Rod!!

KamaraPolice
08-06-2007, 12:23 AM
In order for the yankees to make it to the playoffs, they have to play will during this next 2-3 week stretch. Forget the red sox, they have the AL East won, but games against the Tribe and the Tigers will be huge.

IHateMarkMay
08-06-2007, 12:35 AM
My question about ARod is... has he ever been on steroids??? I guess that question could be asked to every major leaguer who has been in the league for a while, it never used to be illegal. None of them are saying they are steroid free and then backing that up for themselves and going to get tested... Either way, congrats goes out to him for hitting 500 and within 10 years breaking the homerun record.

SillyIrish
08-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Screw A-Rod!!

Hmm... wonder what you will say when the sox are whorring after him in offseason.

Newc
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
The same guy did not catch A-Rod's 500 and Matsui's 100th, he caught Matsui's 100th then Cano's homer. A-Rod's homer went to left while both Matsui's and Cano's went to right.

I have to say, even as a faithful Sox fan and sworn to hate the Yankees till I die (many of the yankee fans on IE can attest to my feelings), I have to give it up to A-rod. I think it was perfect that A-Rod and Bonds hit their homers on the same day because the juxtiposition of the two ballplayers could not have been greater. When A-Rod hit 500 he stood there in the box with what reminded me of a young kid hitting a homer wishing and hoping for it to go out. You could see how proud and happy he was rounding the bases. Meanwhile, when Bonds hit 755 he could not have been more arrogant, with that stupid little walk and stare up the first base line. I may be biased due to the fact that I really don't like Bonds and what he is doing, yet I hate the Yankees, so I don't really feel that I am being biased in my observations. Maybe its a lesser of two evils thing, or maybe its just the fact that Bonds is all about Bonds while A-Rod really does love the game of baseball.

Newc
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
And yes, the sox probably will be whoring for A-Rod...gotta love the rivalry.

jboxer562
08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
just like the yankees were for damon