PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Damon sucks.

johnnd05
07-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I haven't watched more than a few games this year, but it seems that every time I'm following a game on Gamecast and Damon comes up, he pops up or grounds out. That double play in the ninth inning tonight friggin' killed me ... I mean, who didn't see that coming?

.243, 5 HR, 36 RBI?!?! And we sure aren't paying the guy $13 million this year for his fielding or his throwing arm.

Any of you in the New York area want to fill me in on whether everyone is starting to hate this guy as much as I do?

mlcspinner
07-29-2007, 07:51 AM
He help us win a world series

johnnd05
07-29-2007, 08:54 AM
He help us win a world series

Is that why you've got his picture as your avatar?

Whatever - the guy SUCKS.

Newc
07-29-2007, 11:07 AM
And everyone gave the Sox shit for not wanting to pay him 13 a year to keep him in boston. To be honest, I'm happier with Coco and Ellsbury on his way.

SillyIrish
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Damon had a great year last year but this year he just started off bad and hasn't done much since. The last few weeks he has picked it up a bit but nothing really on a consistent basis. Ya and Coco he isn't much better, the guy finally started hitting baseballs for the sox in the last month and still hasn't panned out like they thought.

johnnd05
07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Well, there we go. The SOB actually showed up this afternoon (3-4, BB, 4 R, 2 big RBI). Maybe he's an IE reader.

If so: You SUCK, Johnny. Put together a decent month and then maybe I'll get off your back.

notredomer23
07-30-2007, 08:31 AM
atleast damon's better than giambi. I HATE GIAMBI. NOTICE HOW SINCE HES BEEN HURT WE HAVE BEEN WINNING

SillyIrish
07-30-2007, 01:50 PM
atleast damon's better than giambi. I HATE GIAMBI. NOTICE HOW SINCE HES BEEN HURT WE HAVE BEEN WINNING

Well Giambi is coming back and with his bat in the lineup it will make the yanks better. Don't be silly and think the yanks losing in the beginning of the season was on Giambi.

notredomer23
07-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Well Giambi is coming back and with his bat in the lineup it will make the yanks better. Don't be silly and think the yanks losing in the beginning of the season was on Giambi.

Giambi is to much of a distraction get rid of him and the club house is so much better. He isnt yankee material.

johnnd05
07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Giambi is to much of a distraction get rid of him and the club house is so much better. He isnt yankee material.

Dude why are you hijacking my Johnny Damon thread to talk about Giambi??

(j/k)

SillyIrish
07-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Thats funny because his teammates love him. To say the guy isn't yankee material is laughable, I don't think you had a problem with him when he hit those two homers off of Pedro during game 7 of ALCS.

Now if you want to talk about Pavano that is a different story, talk about about injury prone. I wonder how he feels when he gets his check each week for doing nothing?

johnnd05
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Just wanted to note that in the last week (it's been about that long since I posted this), JD is batting .364 with a .462 OBP, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 SB, and 6 runs scored in five games. Nothin' like a little criticism to get a guy going, eh?