PDA

View Full Version : Boston Red Sox--2nd half of the Season

Pages : 1 [2]

Newc
10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I agree with the Manny thing, truth is there is no one to replace Manny. He is one of my most favorite players of all time. The guy is an absolute pure hitter; has to be in the discussion of the best hitters of all time. A for sure hall of famer no doubt. I just don't see him wanting to come back to the Sox after next year, I think he get bored being in one place for so long and likes to move on and I think the organization knows this and knows that this offseason in the time to move him. Hopefully you can get some good young talent for him. Maybe a top third base prospect or maybe even short. There are many teams out there that would love to have Manny as that power bat that could give them that needed edge and I think plenty of GMs would be willing to sacrafice a quality prospect for wins right now, especially with the parody in baseball right now...the Rockies?? Really??

Haha Miggy would be awesome to have, but I can guarentee that Florida will not be letting him or Hanley go, so I don't think we have many options there.

As far as Jones and Hunter go...I'm not sure about Jones. I know he had a horrible year last year, I don't know what to make of that, but with the protection he could possibly get in this line-up I could see him doing some damage, not sure though if he would want to play left field as I think Ellsbury has a step on him in center. I could also see Andrew enjoying playing pepper with the monster, who knows. Hunter, no way. Too much money for a guy who doesn't produce big time numbers. He's good, but not THAT good.

Haha I really just want to get rid of Drew and if Lugo left I wouldn't be too upset. Its a shame Hanley had to go, but that would mean no beckett or lowell so I'll take that one.

I'll be interested to see what happens.

Newc
10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
ESPN Page 2 - The Sports Guy: There's only one October diary (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071016)

I couldn't have said it better myself!!

Sureal
10-18-2007, 10:02 AM
FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Manny says team has no reason to panic (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7342858)

Good grief Manny...

Newc
10-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Don't bail on Manny just yet....just wait till Beckett throws a perfect game tonight and Manny drives in the one and only run of the game on a 450+ foot bomb in the ninth!

No I haven't started drinking....yet.