PDA

View Full Version : Justin Verlander No hitter

goirish#1
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I can believe that Justin Verlander threw a no hitter!That guy has great stuff and throws 102 enough said! I was at the Mets game and then the next game there's a no hitter, I missed it by one game. It was funny though because we had an article in our local paper saying he was bound for greatness, and then he makes history. He had a career high in strikeouts with 12 and the defense was backing him up with some highlight plays. That's what it takes for a no hitter! At least the unstable bullpen didn't have to come in and blow it.

Newc
06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Its a shame he walked four...its been too long since we've seen a perfect game and it would have been even better to see a kid like Verlander nail one down.

IRISHDODGER
06-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Verlander was registering 101 mph in the 9th inning! Unbelievable.

I saw Adam Wainwright of the Cards toil a 1-hitter for 8 strong innings vs. the hapless Royals in K.C. Wednesday nite. That kid's deuce is phenomenal...it literally "drops off the table". Combine that w/ his heater & he should be lethal for years to come...provided he stays healthy.

goirish#1
06-18-2007, 10:15 AM
hope he stays healty and he can go deep into games because the pen has been less than good!