PDA

View Full Version : Suns-Spurs

irish0307
05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I would put this in the Basketball thread,but since no one really leaves comments there I hope this is ok?? Anyways, did anyone else just see Robert Horry throw his forearm into Steve Nash. It was a flagrant 2 foul and Horry was ejected right on the spot. I think that San Antonio is a very dirty team. Bruce Bowen has purposely stepped on the achilles of Stoudemire and kneed Nash in the crotch in this series also. Not to mention Tim Duncan is a crybaby! THis is turning out to be a dogfight. Any thoughts?

Irishknight1023
05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Nobody likes San Antonio and neither does the NBA. Every series they're in is the lowest rated. I dislike that entire team.

irish0307
05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
I agree Stonebreaker the games are to long. I usually just watch the second half or fourth quarter. Sportscenter also does the trick and gets to the point.

irish0307
05-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm not old enough to have seen the Celtics/Lakers playoff series greats. However, I always remember watching Michael Jordan dominate my favorite team at the time the Indiana Pacers. I still wish that Reggie Miller would of won a championship. Reggie and Karl Malone were always stopped by the great MJ.

Irishknight1023
05-15-2007, 12:54 AM
They call fouls every other possesion, im not kidding sit back one day and watch. That train is never late, i'd bet 10000 on it.

irish0307
05-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I believe you are correct IrishKnight, the bad boy days are over in the NBA. The "bad boys" (Pistons) would all foul out of a game today.

Sureal
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
I hope the Suns and Warriors win so we can start watching exciting basketball again. The Spurs has to be one of the all time most boring basketball teams to watch...

kjones
05-15-2007, 08:56 AM
The Horry one was a foul and I'm glad he got thrown out, the other two I don't think so. Especially the first one where Stoudemire complained so much about. If you watch it full speed, you never would ever think it was on purpose. I think it's a case of slo-mo lying in this case. It takes a half a second action and drags it out so that you imagine there is intention behind it. There's just no way someone could think/act that fast at regular speed. Watch the clip in regular speed, you never think there's any way that's intentional. I also don't think the knee to the crotch was intentional, as it's totally legal to pivot like that and guys do it ALL the time. Nash just happend to catch it unluckily in the crotch, and because of the previous hoopla, everyone assumed it was intentional. If Amare hadn't called the Spurs a dirty team before that happened, everyone would have chalked it up to an accident (which is what it was)

This is just another case of trying to make a story where there really isn't one, and generate interest for games. I don't really think the Spurs are any dirtier than any other team in the league. Watch the clip regular speed and try to forget your predjudice, would you assume it was intentional? I didn't when it saw it in the game, and rewatching it later didn't change my opinion. Players don't "think" in slo-mo.

irish0307
05-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree with Sureal that would be a great series for entertainment. The offenses would be sure to put on a great show. I can see what your saying kjones, but I still think that Bruce Bowen is a dirty player. You don't have an accident like that every single game you play. However, he is an awesome defensive player and the ballots for defensive player of the year always include him.

irish0307
05-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Horry received a 2 game suspension for his hard hit on Nash. Stoudemire and Diaw both received a one game suspension for leaving the bench during the altercation.

Sureal
05-16-2007, 09:34 AM
I hope the Suns still win. I do not want to see the Spurs go past this round. I am adamant about that. Who the heck wants to see the Jazz against the Spurs? One of the All Time Most Non-Interesting Series Ever. After watching Utah last night I was reminded as to why I hate Utah.

Sureal
05-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Man they are going off over there on the Worldwide leader regarding the suspensions.
You'd think they'd be trying to promote the next game or something...