PDA

View Full Version : Sox Continue to Spank Yanks

Newc
04-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow, I can't tell you how excited I am that the Sox are handling the Yankees the way that they are, especially with A-Rod being so hot. It just goes to show you that no amount of offense can make up for poor pitching on a consistant basis. The good news for all Sox fans is that the Yankee bullpen will be shot by the all-star break, I'm thinking we have an 8-12 game lead on the Yanks by season end. Lets just hope that we can take care of business with the other teams in the division and don't let the Jays sneak up on us. Lets Go Sox!!

By the way, does anyone think that Stein would fire Torre during the season?? I can't imagine you would force one of the best coaches in the MLB out the door before the offseason, but we all know how George operates.

Sureal
04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like Empire Fans scorn'd

Wow. Lose a series in the reg. season and the sky is holding on by a string. Torre should resign his post and take a year off. Something will open up and he will be better appreciated wherever he may go. The empire elite has a short memory. How many WS did they win Torre at the helm? Another reason why there are no warm and fuzzies
with the pinstripped mercernaries...

NDgettysburg
04-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Wow, I can't tell you how excited I am that the Sox are handling the Yankees the way that they are, especially with A-Rod being so hot.
Love it, love it, love it! Can't wait to see em play the Braves in June down in Hotlanta!

Newc
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Yea definitely, that should be a good matchup, the Braves are looking great this year.

Sureal
05-01-2007, 10:47 AM
We got that Bronx Team again May 21-23. Our bullpen has been lights out while theirs have struggled mightily. That will hurt them come later in the year. Everyone keeps talking about their injuries and how they will be better when they come back. Maybe, but they won't be great. Who are they counting on to save them? Pavano? Mussina? Wang has been choking. They are a 92 game win team at best. They are who they are and no it is not Torre fault. You can blame it on their arrogance and their penchant for overpaying overrated pitchers (Pavano,Wright,Brown)

By the next series against them we got to have at least a 9 game lead. We should beat the Blue Jays and Minnesota during this upcoming road trip. We need to go at least
4-2. Important to keep a level head because May will be a tough month schedule-wise. WE MUST STAY HEALTHY!!!

P.S Excluding the past series, more consistancy as far as OBP at the top of the order would be good.

Sureal
05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Well they signed the 45 year old stanazol pill for monthly mercenary duties. Sickening. Bonds gets accused while THE MAIN EVENT gets worshipped.

Newc
05-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Haha, sure every team would love to have Clemens pitch for them, but Boston really never needed him all that much. All yank fans better hope he can go 8 innings cause that bullpen they have just throws BP out there.

Sureal
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Exactly, 5 innings of shutout ball means nothing when your mid relief has an era of 39.00