PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Playoffs

goirish#1
04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
The Magic couldn't handle the current pistons since they were Pistons rejects. They didn't belong in the playoffs.

Bring on the Bulls

tgolden
05-06-2007, 12:05 AM
So far, so good. I just hope they can keep this up. But today was fun to watch.

johnnd05
05-06-2007, 10:52 AM
So far, so good. I just hope they can keep this up. But today was fun to watch.

If by 'fun' you mean 'horrible', you are correct. Damn, you got a good team there. I'm not giving up yet, though.

tgolden
05-06-2007, 12:31 PM
yea, and the pistons do have a tendancy to play great one day and then horribly the next. so i wouldn't give up yet either if i were you.

DaLastFarleyite
05-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I liked what I saw, but a seven game series isn't won in the first game. However, the Piston's playoff experience is deep and I don't expect a letdown from them. They are hungry after the near miss in the conference finals last year and the NBA finals the year before. Last year Ben Wallace hurt them badly in the Miami series when he failed to convert free throw opportunities. That can't happen this year.

Sureal
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
As a Bull fan I can honestly say that we are not ready to beat Detroit yet. This Bulls remind me of the late 80's early 90's Cleveland Cav teams that were good but can't get over that hump...

tgolden
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
well, now we'll see how they do in a change of setting. they always say a playoff series doesn't really start until the road team wins. but I am very happy with the focus the pistons have so far.

Sureal
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
After seeing the last two games I really don't see how it will change...
The guards look clueless out there.

goirish#1
05-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I love the Pistons, but I think Chicago will win One game, Maybe. Other than that we mine as well play Carlos Delfino and all of the other young guys.

irish0307
05-10-2007, 07:01 PM
The Bulls are clearly in trouble in this series. When is game 3?

Sureal
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Pistons will sweep this series. Bulls are too young and are not ready yet.
Why Chauncey Billups is not first team All-NBA is beyond me...

irish0307
05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
The Bulls are very young, but the future is very bright if they keep the team together. With all of those awesome draft picks you have to be good sometime.

Sureal
05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah I envision us actually being like Detroit. They remind me of a younger version. We'll see

irish0307
05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
go bulls!

johnnd05
05-16-2007, 12:58 PM
So, it looks like we've got ourselves a series!

Worried yet, Pistons fans?

Sureal
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
They better be. The Bulls are playing looser with nothing really to lose. They came in as underdogs so they need to let it all hang out..

goirish#1
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
So, it looks like we've got ourselves a series!

Worried yet, Pistons fans?

NO!!

They just want the series to go longer for the money! Tonight I'm sure the Pistons, and my man Prince, will take care of business and send the Bulls packing.

tgolden
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
the Bulls are a good team. and the Pistons were their typical cocky selves, not able to close out a series like they should. but Chicago should be a good team in the years to come. good series.

and 5 straight years in the ECF! not bad.

goirish#1
05-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I told ya the Pistons would win, but the'll have to play more focused in the conference finals and finals. People rag on the Pistons constantly. They are too old or what ever, but this is their 5th straight year in the conference finals.

DaLastFarleyite
05-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Yo!!! TGolden. Your basketball IQ isn't show'in. As stated last night, since 2000 the Pistons have the best close out game record in the NBA. Five straight conference finals. I'm from Illinois, but I give credit where credit is due. The Bulls may return to their former greatness (potentially explosive draft position this year with cap room), but it hasn't happened yet and until it does you have to give cred to the 'Stones.

kjones
05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah, I can't say the overpaying for Ben Wallace was such a great move either. They are paying him a ton and not for just a little while either, and there's only so much value in a guy who can't score that much.

goirish#1
05-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Ben Wallace was one of my favorite players, but to much is to much so I'm glad he left. He averaged an all time low in rebounds. The Lebron's are next on the menu. Just a little road block on the was to the Finals.

tgolden
05-19-2007, 11:38 AM
yea, i know that, i was referring to their recent tendency to not play focused and win games when they have a team down. they recently have a tendency of either letting opponents back in the game when they had a big lead early, or maybe when they're up 2-0 or something, letting the other team get wins.

and of course I give credit to the Stones. They're my team. I just feel like they shouldn't have let that series go to 6 games (of course give the Bulls credit for that too). they'll need to play better in the ECF.

Sureal
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
the Cavs and Pistons series is the only series I care about. The NBA Playoffs are over as far as I am concerned. No knock on the Pistons but I definately do not want to see a Pistons-Spurs or Pistons-Jazz final. Good Grief. To be subjected to these types of sporting events for 4 more months. This has to be the most boring year in sports...

NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL CAN"T COME NO QUICKER!!!

goirish#1
05-21-2007, 07:16 PM
the Cavs and Pistons series is the only series I care about. The NBA Playoffs are over as far as I am concerned. No knock on the Pistons but I definately do not want to see a Pistons-Spurs or Pistons-Jazz final. Good Grief. To be subjected to these types of sporting events for 4 more months. This has to be the most boring year in sports...

NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL CAN"T COME NO QUICKER!!!

You're just mad because the Pistons and Spurs (the Two BEST TEAMS) get it done the right way. With Defense!!!!!

goirish#1
05-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I guess that it takes a team to win, not just one Lebron! Rasheed Wallace is going to have to be the man if the Pistons win because he poses such matchup problems.

Sureal
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
You're just mad because the Pistons and Spurs (the Two BEST TEAMS) get it done the right way. With Defense!!!!!

I have no problem with a defensive game. The Pacer-Piston series a couple of years back during the ECF was entertaining to me. The Pistons-Cavs is the series I will watch. It is more of a shot at the Spurs and Jazz. I prefered the Pistons and Suns in the finals as it would have been easier on the eyes. The Spurs are boring and I hate the Jazz and that arena and them ugly uniforms and that...etc

irish0307
06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Glad to see the Pistons out of it. I cannot stand Rasheed Wallace. He is so arrogant and cries everytime something doesn't go his way.

HereComeTheIrish
06-04-2007, 10:42 PM
I guess that it takes a team to win, not just one Lebron! Rasheed Wallace is going to have to be the man if the Pistons win because he poses such matchup problems.

Right again there, Snagger...Right again!

Remind me not to take you to the track with me...