PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell is the the new Troy Smith

Junkhead
04-30-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10155526

A sickening read. They jock this kid to no end. I don't wish failure upon non-buckeyes, but I might get a chuckle when he throws countless ints.

IRISHDODGER
04-30-2007, 09:10 AM
From what the ESPN draft crew was saying, Russell will wait in the wings for a year or 2 before being the starter. That being said, if Walter or one of the other backups crash & burn, you know Al Davis ain't waiting that long.

Newc
04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
There is no way this kid succeeds at the NFL level. If Jamarcus is so incredibly talented and the hands down no brainer # 1 pick and best QB in the draft then why did we hear very little of him before the bowl game? Why was he not mentioned with the top players for the Heisman? Why would Brady and McFadden have finished above him in voting for the best college player award? The sad fact is that ESPN has destroyed sports and now has a monopoly on sporting information and has subsequently become lazy and shallow in their research and reporting. They hire analysts that have an obvious and vicious bias and seem to have a "fall in line" corporate requirement. I find it hard to believe that all of the NFL scouting analysts had very little disagreement with how the draft went. Are you really gonna tell me that every single person at ESPN truely believed that Jamarcus is the best QB and will become " THE FRANCHISE QB" of the future while Quinn simply has an average career?

I appologize for ranting and all, but I am so tired of the endless crap that ESPN shoves down all of our throats and when their expert predictions are proven to be wrong they find scapegoats to blame in order to preserve their "genius". HA! Russel will fail in the NFL like many of the other, "tons of upside but raw" QBS while Brady who is NFL ready will end up being a superstar.

kjones
04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
...And we all know what happened to the first Troy Smith. Just wait it out, it'll play itself out eventually.

johnnd05
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
From what the ESPN draft crew was saying, Russell will wait in the wings for a year or 2 before being the starter. That being said, if Walter or one of the other backups crash & burn, you know Al Davis ain't waiting that long.

Absolutely right - there's no way that happens. Davis threw Andrew Walter in there last year, for heaven's sake. Unless Aaron Brooks suddenly learns how to play (FAT CHANCE), Jamarcus is going to see the field by Week 3.

goirish#1
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
People said Ryan Leaf was better than Manning too! We'll see what happens if he starts in week 2, it's Ryan Leaf Jr.

LOVEMYIRISH
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
There is no way this kid succeeds at the NFL level. If Jamarcus is so incredibly talented and the hands down no brainer # 1 pick and best QB in the draft then why did we hear very little of him before the bowl game? Why was he not mentioned with the top players for the Heisman? Why would Brady and McFadden have finished above him in voting for the best college player award? The sad fact is that ESPN has destroyed sports and now has a monopoly on sporting information and has subsequently become lazy and shallow in their research and reporting. They hire analysts that have an obvious and vicious bias and seem to have a "fall in line" corporate requirement. I find it hard to believe that all of the NFL scouting analysts had very little disagreement with how the draft went. Are you really gonna tell me that every single person at ESPN truely believed that Jamarcus is the best QB and will become " THE FRANCHISE QB" of the future while Quinn simply has an average career?

I appologize for ranting and all, but I am so tired of the endless crap that ESPN shoves down all of our throats and when their expert predictions are proven to be wrong they find scapegoats to blame in order to preserve their "genius". HA! Russel will fail in the NFL like many of the other, "tons of upside but raw" QBS while Brady who is NFL ready will end up being a superstar.

Great freakin post...reps

philipm31
05-12-2007, 12:32 PM
The thing that might actually help Brady succeed is the chip on his shoulder he should have but at the same time having a solid--perhaps super--LT to protect his blindside, unlike Russell could make all the difference. We saw how easy it for Jamarcus with no pressure when he played against us, but he was the main reason LSU lost to FLA, so it is not like he is infallible if you put pressure on him consistently....just like every QB.

BUT if he gets a solid year about of Jordan in the backfield that could help him a lot cuz Jamal Lewis is washed up, while Lamont Jordan is younger and could still be a better player than he was last year, and if he is, that will only help Raiders QBs. Of course, without any deep threat the caliber of Moss on the Raiders anymore, it will be interesting to see if they can grind it out consistently.