PDA

View Full Version : Moss to the Pats

SillyIrish
04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Patriots just got a hell of alot better, picking up Randy Moss in a trade for some draft picks. I know he had a bad year last year but with Brady throwing the ball he may be poised to have a hell of a season.

Sureal
05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
The NFL should just give them the trophy in the beginning of the year and call it a season.

Jeesh...

Newc
05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Yea for sure. Moss got frustrated last year by playing on a JV team. Though I am not a big fan of the guy, he will stay very motivated playing with the Pats and winning and in turn produce like crazy. With the additions of Thomas at linebacker I don't see how the Pats don't make the Super Bowl.

Sureal
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
newc122- I see your Hub affiliated. Are you a Pat fan?

notredomer23
05-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Anybody that can run a 4.28 40 belongs on a good team. He as much as i hate to say it is going to help the pats go to a 13-3 season

Newc
05-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Sureal, not really a huge NFL fan, I have always preferred college and ND and then just followed the Domer players into the pros. Being from DE I have refused to be Eagles or Phillies fans cause I just can't stand the city or its fanbase and how they treat their players. Baseball has always been my true passion and I loved growing up listening to my grandfather tell me stories of Ted Williams, hence the strong Sox ties. Notre Dame is my other true love, so those two teams are my only real loves.

stonebreakerwasgod
05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Anybody that can run a 4.28 40 belongs on a good team. He as much as i hate to say it is going to help the pats go to a 13-3 season

Everyone thought that Parcells would control T.O., what if the other great one can't keep a lid on Moss?

Sureal
05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Moss will fall in line. He is going to treat this season like a comeback year. Being he was in the Abyss that is Raider Nation he will be envigorated with the opportunity to win a Super Bowl. If he mess this up I would doubt anybody would want him...

philipm31
05-12-2007, 12:56 PM
What I don't get is how he puts their offense over the top. Their defense still looks shaky, even with Thomas. Their offense still trails the Colts and the Bolts; and their defense is not as good as Denver or San Diego's. All they are guaranteed in my opinion is an AFC East title, which is not that big of a deal lately.

I like Peter King's friend--can not remember his name--who said that IF Moss bounces back and has a huge year that he should LOSE HOF votes cuz it would show he was dogging it for two years.

BTW, as much as I love Charlie, I don't see Tom Brady as being any better than Manning (Pats fans conveniently forget that the Colts have a winning record over the last four games against them), and Rivers is just going to get better....and having the best NFL player on your team only will help him improve. To think that the Chargers were able to get 14 wins out of a QB in his first full season with a receiver corps that was basically McCardell, Tomlinson and Gates is pretty amazing. Of course, they picked up a terrible head coach to replace Marty. As a QB coach, Turner is amazing, but as a HC, he is awful, so it will interesting to see how the Chargers play with all the expectations on them this year. I still just don't see the Pats as Super Bowl champs. Just a playoff team.

mlcspinner
12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
bump :)

KamaraPolice
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I have to say, with the exception of one poster, everyone thought this was a great move. looks like everyone knows what they are talking about here; again, with the exception of that one poster.

stonebreakerwasgod
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
It was a good move.

Hey KP, how does it feel to be rich again??

KamaraPolice
12-17-2007, 01:21 AM
It was a good move.

Hey KP, how does it feel to be rich again??

haha :bbanana:

It feels great.