PDA

View Full Version : Back to Back to Back to Back

Newc
04-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow...I think that may have been one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I can't imagine being at Fenway when that happened, I was going nuts in my living room just watching it unfold. Finally it looks as if the Sox bats have awoken....the rest of baseball is in trouble now.

Hero
04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Congrats.....It seems the tables have turned from last year, we came into boston and waxed the sox when their pitchers were down and this year they caught us with our pitchers down. next time we see each other our pitchers will be back and please remember that even with a bunch of scrubs in our bullpen the Red Sux had to play come from behind in every game.......with a healthy pitching staff we're the better team.

Newc
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Your right, this series is what we needed to get that bad taste out of our mouth from our spanking last year, however I still would have to say that the yankees do not have the better team. Your starters are lasting fewer than 5 innings, including your big boys Pavano, Mussina and Petitte and "the untouchable" Mariano got destroyed, I think its fair to say that the Sox own him now after what has taken place since '04, I believe the stat was 11 blown saves since then.

And yes, the Sox did have to come from behind in each of the games, I really don't think our pitchers had their all against the yanks, but then again the Yankee lineup is the best in baseball, all hitters, 1-9, with maybe the exception of Doug. However, I think the Sox have finally found their bats, which are not all that far off from the yankees, therefore, with our better pitching I see alot of games in this years series ending up like the first three. Many runs will be put up on the board but the team that can close it out will win and right now with Paps and the emergence of Okajima (who was incredibly clutch in the Friday Night save) the Sox clearly have the edge.

Ultimately this year will most likely be like every other year, the Yanks and Sox will end up battling each other and end up closer to a .500 seriers rather than one team running away with it, its gonna be our other games that will make the difference and after handling the Angels we've shown that we can win against the elite in the AL....I'm sorry to say, but it looks like the yanks will be playing for that all important wild card this year.

Hero
04-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Ultimately this year will most likely be like every other year, the Yanks and Sox will end up battling each other and end up closer to a .500 seriers rather than one team running away with it, its gonna be our other games that will make the difference and after handling the Angels we've shown that we can win against the elite in the AL....I'm sorry to say, but it looks like the yanks will be playing for that all important wild card this year.

Try not to choke.

Newc
04-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Haha choking is being up 3-0 one win away from the world series and not being able to close it out.

celtic745
04-23-2007, 07:54 PM
those homeruns were pretty sweet. After Lowell hit his first after Drew, I thought for sure they were done. Then boom. Vtek hits it deep. oh man, i was goin crazy.

Big props for Mike Lowell who came up big yesterday with those two homers.

Newc
04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Yea for sure, and props to Tek for really turning it on this series, we needed that bat.

celtic745
04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
true that

IRISHDODGER
04-23-2007, 10:46 PM
those homeruns were pretty sweet. After Lowell hit his first after Drew, I thought for sure they were done. Then boom. Vtek hits it deep. oh man, i was goin crazy.

Big props for Mike Lowell who came up big yesterday with those two homers.

Give Drew some time...he'll be on the DL. I don't wish it for him, but the dude is so injury prone.

Hero
04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Haha choking is being up 3-0 one win away from the world series and not being able to close it out.

So it's not having a history of falling apart in October?:devil_2:

Newc
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
JD Drew for MVP!!

Sureal
04-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Man I didn't even see this until today. Thank God we a couple of Sox fans.
And correction we don't fall apart in October, we fall choke it away in August...

Hero
04-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Man I didn't even see this until today. Thank God we a couple of Sox fans.
And correction we don't fall apart in October, we fall choke it away in August...
My bad thank for the correction but my point still stands.....Red Sux= choke artist