PDA

View Full Version : Rookie of the year

stonebreakerwasgod
04-20-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't give two craps how early it is. Josh Hamilton of the Reds is an effen stud. Kudos to him getting past his demons, and bringing it every nite. He will be a household name sooner than was beano after taco bell opened its doors.

Mark May is still a cockwad.

Hero
04-20-2007, 12:41 AM
This is coming from a Yank.....That Pedroia kid from the Red Sux just gets better and better everytime I see him

stonebreakerwasgod
04-20-2007, 12:50 AM
You American Leaguers are all alike! :)

ACamp1900
04-20-2007, 12:57 AM
I fairly certain Diaske Matsuwhatever has it locked already in the AL as long as he keeps his ERA under 10.00

stonebreakerwasgod
04-20-2007, 01:07 AM
There is always a grace period of pitchers with talent who are new to the league. Once they figure him out, He'll go from a lexus to a honda.

SillyIrish
04-20-2007, 03:12 AM
I could care less who gets ROY, its an overrated award. Sure some guys make it in the long run but just think about some of the guys who have won it and didn't amount to shit. Not saying that any of the guys above aren't good,

stonebreakerwasgod
04-20-2007, 03:22 AM
True, but considering what he's been through??? He has come a LONG way.

Hero
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I fairly certain Diaske Matsuwhatever has it locked already in the AL as long as he keeps his ERA under 10.00

I agree it's been a lovefest over that little over payed pitcher so far.

Newc
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Hamilton is definitely the player who deserves it so far, not only is it a good story but the kid can play ball. Even as a Sox fan I don't know about Pedroia, yea he needs some time to get acclamated and all, but with that long swing of his I can't really see him becoming successful enough to garnish a ROY award. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in the kid, but Hamilton is just a ball player through and through. I love to see guys like him play, it reminds me that baseball still is about the game and not just about throwing a 98 mph fastball and hitting 450 ft. bombs, we need an emergence of the all-round player again.

And Daisuke won't win it because he has expectations that no pitcher could meet, so no matter what he is going to look like he comes up just a little short in the end.

Sureal
05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
I have to wait and see with the AL. I know Dalmon Young started off big but I have to see him when the pitchers catch up with him. Young has no protection in the lineup as well so time will tell.

Hamilton has protection so I can see him coasting barring injury...