PDA

View Full Version : Manny Trade rumours.

CrimsonIrish
04-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Well they've started again. They're probably BS but who would you like Theo to throw money at?

my wish list

1.Ichiro.....not happy in Seattle and is in the last year of his contract.
2.Texeira......has the power bat we would need and is a yankjob killer.
3.Ryan Howard......has the bat

Newc
04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
What? Where did you hear the rumors?

celtic745
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Haven't heard them. They are all BS though. Manny hasn't gone anywhere so far, and he won't until his contract is up.

And why would Philly trade a 27, 28? year old lefty would has finally in some ways turned himself into the David Ortiz of the National League? Philly doesn't want Manny's contract and neither does anyone else. He's in Boston til his contract ends.

notredomer23
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
i dont care if he is traded, as long as its not to the yanks. He has all the talent in the world but hes to much of a distraction

ACamp1900
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Until it happens....... it won't happen

RI Domer
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Only thing I have heard is that at this point in his contract it is more than likely he will be here for the next two years. And that is a shared opinion by most in Boston media and Red Sox fans. They haven't traded him yet they probably never will. And if there is a distraction on this team right now it is the media troop following D Matsusaka.

SillyIrish
04-13-2007, 01:38 AM
If the Red Sux were going to trade him they would've done it years ago, and the only reason why they haven't is because they won't get the full value for him. Such players has Howard and Texeira are not going to happen for Manny. Don't get me wrong he is a great hitter most likely a HOF but he has questionable attributes.

i dont care if he is traded, as long as its not to the yanks. He has all the talent in the world but hes to much of a distraction

Distraction isn't the word, any player that quits on his own team is ridiculous, IE last year. But aside from his talent that is the only negative. It's either Manny's way or the highway and he has proven that in Bean Town.

nd1
04-13-2007, 09:16 AM
he's not going anywhere. we hear this every year and they never trade him and why would you. all they guy does is put up monster numbers.

goirish#1
04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
They say this all of the time and look were he is. Manny woll always be with the Red Sox they just say that to try to get him to play harder every play. Sometimes it works sometimes not. But a guy who can hit like that, I don't think he is going anywhere.

Newc
04-13-2007, 10:45 AM
There is no probably about it, Manny is a Hall of Famer and he won't be leaving the Sox till his contract is up. I doubt the Sox will be able to re-sign him, but they definitely will not trade him.

SillyIrish
04-13-2007, 12:59 PM
They say this all of the time and look were he is. Manny woll always be with the Red Sox they just say that to try to get him to play harder every play. Sometimes it works sometimes not. But a guy who can hit like that, I don't think he is going anywhere

Usually its Manny that says he wants to be traded, but it's not going to happen unless he has a complete blowout.