PDA

View Full Version : Beckett Starting the Year out Strong.

Newc
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I love seeing this side of Josh Beckett, talk about lights out. He has pitched his game his past two outings and is really showing the world what he is capable of. I have very high hopes for Beckett and think he will ultimately be the pitcher to lead the Sox this year. Like I've said before, if Beckett pitches the way he is capable of, which he has so far this year, he is on his way to a 20 win season.

2 runs on 4 hits in 12 innings with 13 Ks isn't too shabby given that potent Red Sox offense protecting him.

Do I see another Ring in our future?

CrimsonIrish
04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I love seeing this side of Josh Beckett, talk about lights out. He has pitched his game his past two outings and is really showing the world what he is capable of. I have very high hopes for Beckett and think he will ultimately be the pitcher to lead the Sox this year. Like I've said before, if Beckett pitches the way he is capable of, which he has so far this year, he is on his way to a 20 win season.

2 runs on 4 hits in 12 innings with 13 Ks isn't too shabby given that potent Red Sox offense protecting him.

Do I see another Ring in our future?

Beckett is our ACE. I'm aware Scill is at the top of the rotation and Dice K gets all the hype but I truly believe Beckett is our top gun.

Newc
04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh definitely. Schill is kind of like a Greg Maddox figure, he's past his glory days, but still effective and invaluable as a coach and mentor. Beckett is the kid we want to build our staff around for the next few years, and with Daisuke now in the rotation, maybe we have two aces that will anchor this staff. With those two at the top of the rotation few teams will have much to answer with.

I am really exicited to see Beckett becoming what all Sox fans expected of him and with Daisuke having a good debut the Sox look to be in very good postion to make a run.