PDA

View Full Version : A-rod question

CrimsonIrish
04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
with this being the last year of his contract with the yankjobs and his father figure of a manager in Chicago who is like me and believes he will be a Cub next year? You have to think that he's had about all he can take of the yankees and would probably love to get a change of uniform. What would you yankjobs think about it if he did sign with the Cubs after this year?

notredomer23
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
i wouldnt do anything because hes going to remain a yankee and not a

Cake eating
Unathletic
Bitches

wow that was really bad

Newc
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
The thing is, A-rod is a very good ball player, as much as I hate him I can't because of his yankee ties I can't be blind to the fact that he probably has as much talent as anyone playing baseball right now. The issue with him lies in his head, much like a lot of players. The reason A-Rod gets criticized so much is because it is hard to imagine a player of his caliber, with talent among the best being so needy. There have been plenty of baseball pros of the past talking about just that. Its the reason he flourished in Texas, because he was "the man" of the Rangers. He was the end all be all and for A-rod to be successful he needs to be in a situation like that. Therefore, in NY, where he is surrounded by superstars and huge names he can't perform as he should.

Therefore, ultimately it would probably be in the best interest of the yankees and a-rod for him to opt out of his contract at the end of the season and return to a mid level ballclub. The yankees would save a ton of money, which they could use to solidify their pitching staff which stinks right now and a-rod could return to his record setting form and probably be a lot happier.

The downfall in all of this? A-Rod would essentially be admitting that he cannot handle pressure at all or that he is a nancy boy and needs constant love and attention. Brian Cashman would then also have to admitt that maybe the new yankee way of paying top dollar for the top names does not translate into rings.

Basically both sides need to weigh the hits they would take against the eventual sucess this would ultimately bring to both sides. I on one hand would love to see a-rod stay in NY, with that "i'm not a quitter" mentality while he continues to flounder, leading to less success than could be for both the yanks and himself, yet on the other hand am tired of constantly hearing the boos and cheers from the media and NY with the up and down rollercoaster that is A-Rod as a yankee.

Newc
04-09-2007, 08:18 PM
By the way, the Cubs aren't the solution either. A-Rod would be expected to be the savior there and if he doesn't deliver a ring in his first year, the same situation would probably result.

SillyIrish
04-10-2007, 01:47 PM
A-Rod will remain a Yankee, it makes no sense to leave and if he did he would be viewed as a failure by many fans not just Yankee fans. People would always say A-Rod couldn't hack it in New York and I don't think he wants to be tagged with that title. The truth is the guy has done just fine as a Yankee winning an MVP and is off to a crazy start this season.

notredomer23
04-10-2007, 02:38 PM
its gonna be 2 mvps after this season...

CrimsonIrish
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
its gonna be 2 mvps after this season...

willing to put money on that?

notredomer23
04-10-2007, 09:45 PM
yes i am. maybe if he doesnt win it he will come in 2nd to, omg its hard for me to say this, big papi. hes the only one i see as a threat to him, pending neither get hurt

stonebreakerwasgod
04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
6 dingers in 7 games?? This guy is on a roll.

HereComeTheIrish
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
yes i am. maybe if he doesnt win it he will come in 2nd to, omg its hard for me to say this, big papi. hes the only one i see as a threat to him, pending neither get hurt

Watch for Grady Sizemore and Travis Hafner. Both are capable of putting up monster years and both are off to a nice start. Just saying...

CrimsonIrish
04-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Im not even saying papi. Texiera from Texas is this years MVP

CrimsonIrish
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
6 dingers in 7 games?? This guy is on a roll.

season is still very young

SillyIrish
04-11-2007, 02:57 AM
A-Rod is on a roll, that grand slam awoke a sleeping giant. All of his confidence is back, but its not like he had bad years prior to this one. This could be a big one.

Newc
04-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Yankee fans jump on the a-rod bandwagon as quickly as they jump off.

By the way, with the way Sizemore has been playing this year and the fact that he is a fan favorite and new guy may win him the MVP this year. I think the media likes to give fresh faces the MVP, atleast recently, such as Morneau (sp.?). I honestly think Jeter should have won the award last year, but writers seem to like the story to go along with the award rather than just praising the play.

CrimsonIrish
04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
A-Rod is on a roll, that grand slam awoke a sleeping giant. All of his confidence is back, but its not like he had bad years prior to this one. This could be a big one.

he has confidence for now but give it time just give that "diehard" yankjob fanbase a chance to boo him the next time he strikes out or gives up an error and he hears those thousands ridicule him, he will be right back in the shitter. The A-rod from Texas was a great player(fielding and batting) that always came through in the clutch and was a team captain......The yankjob A-rod is a good player that is still very sketchy in the clutch and has no leadership skills at all.

SillyIrish
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
he has confidence for now but give it time just give that "diehard" yankjob fanbase a chance to boo him the next time he strikes out or gives up an error and he hears those thousands ridicule him, he will be right back in the shitter. The A-rod from Texas was a great player(fielding and batting) that always came through in the clutch and was a team captain......The yankjob A-rod is a good player that is still very sketchy in the clutch and has no leadership skills at all.

I sense some fear in your response.

CrimsonIrish
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I sense some fear in your response.

fear? what did cashman trade for papi??? David Ortiz and Mark Texiera are the only players I would fear.