PDA

View Full Version : Bonds.....

CrimsonIrish
04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Who here actually wants him to break Aaron's record? I don't.

Newc
04-06-2007, 10:03 PM
It will be a sad day in baseball, not because of what he is associated with, but because Hank Aaron was such a good man and an ambassador for baseball and all sports that seeing someone who is so narcositic and selfish take down the record will be a travisty.

IRISHDODGER
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't, but it's inevitable. Bonds is a perfect example of what ego will do to a person. He was already on his way to the HOF before he allegedly started juicing. Even being an a**hole wouldn't prevent him from being a respected HOFer (at least respected for his onfield exploits). But now he's a cheating a**hole & will be forever tainted...HOFer or not.

The only hope is that Bonds supposedly respects & appreciates the fact that Aaron was such an icon & a trailblazer for his race. Maybe, just maybe, he'll get to 754 & call it a career. That way, he'll still have passed the 2 guys he was so jealous of in '98 (Sosa & McGuire) yet still not hold a tarnished record. OF course, if he did that, he'd be admitting his guilt, but maybe coming clean will get him to the HOFer quicker upon retirement. After all, America always forgives if the offender is repentant. And most HOF voters have already admitted that they'd vote him in regardless of the juice.

CrimsonIrish
04-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Bonds is a perfect example of what ego will do to a person.

Bonds was an egotistical maniac when he was with the Pirates....Bond's problem results to parenting.

IRISHDODGER
04-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Bonds was an egotistical maniac when he was with the Pirates....Bond's problem results to parenting.

Yup, he was a spoiled brat. One of my buddies is a huge Giants fan & Bonds was his favorite player. He got to work as a batboy during spring training for the giants soon after bonds came over from Pitt. One day, he found himself alone w/ Bonds in the hotel elevator. He proceeded to tell Bonds that he was his favorite player & politiely asked for an autograph. Bonds told him that he only signs at the ballpark & got out of the elevator. Keep in mind, there were no other fans around to harass Bonds for a signature, so it's not like it would've hurt anything to at least offer a handshake & acknowledge the kid. Bonds is like the tin man...no heart.

LOVEMYIRISH
04-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Who here actually wants him to break Aaron's record? I don't.

Not in a million years...he has not earned it.