PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee Killer?

CrimsonIrish
04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Elijah Dukes!!! 2 homers against the Evil Empire in two games!! OUCH!

SillyIrish
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Getting shut down by Gil Meche on Opening day, bigger OUCH!!!

That fat slob of a pitcher getting shelled by a double AA team, another Ouch!

notredomer23
04-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Getting shut down by Gil Meche on Opening day, bigger OUCH!!!

That fat slob of a pitcher getting shelled by a double AA team, another Ouch!

OUCH!!!

lorangatane
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
matsuzaka 7 innings pitched 10 strikeouts 1 earned run

SUPERSTAR

CrimsonIrish
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
getting shelled by a double AA team, another Ouch!

If the Royals are AA what are the D Rays? Dukes is a Rookie and he had a special session of BP on the yankees shitty pitching staff.....OUCH!!!

Newc
04-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Yea exactly, the Rays and Orioles aren't exactly offensive powerhouses there buddy so your Yankee pitching isn't looking any better. Sox have only given up 11 runs in 4 games, 7 of which were Schill's, so even if Schill were to struggle this year (which I can assure you he won't) it looks as if the rest of our staff has stepped it up so far this year.

And do yourself a favor and save your anger up for when Daisuke pitches the Sox past the Yanks and into the World Series, hey you had your chance, Steinbrenner just didn't want to buck up.

SillyIrish
04-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Yea exactly, the Rays and Orioles aren't exactly offensive powerhouses there buddy so your Yankee pitching isn't looking any better. Sox have only given up 11 runs in 4 games, 7 of which were Schill's, so even if Schill were to struggle this year (which I can assure you he won't) it looks as if the rest of our staff has stepped it up so far this year.

And do yourself a favor and save your anger up for when Daisuke pitches the Sox past the Yanks and into the World Series, hey you had your chance, Steinbrenner just didn't want to buck up.

This is why I love sox fans every year I find it cute that you guys think you're going to win it. Tell me what did it feel like last year finishing Third? Dice K may turn out to be good but no Pedro he will become. The yanks beat the sox in the days of Pedro so one guy doesn't worry me. Too bad A-rod alone this week is out hitting the poorly sox.

Newc
04-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Don't Yankee fans think they will win every year, or is it that they are just so overrated by the media which states they will win year in and year out? Tell me what does it feel like coming up short with the highest payroll in baseball?

CrimsonIrish
04-07-2007, 09:52 PM
How long will it be until old man time fires his "captain" and his manager? It has been a while since the yankjobs won a title and that means Steinbrener is getting rather impatient. Don't believe me? ask Paul O'neil, Scott Brocius, Tino Martinez, David Cone, oh yeah and Bernie Williams. $$$$$ can't buy team chemistry

SillyIrish
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Paul O'neil, Scott Brocius, Tino Martinez, David Cone, oh yeah and Bernie Williams.

What do any of these players have to do about the Boss being impatient?

CrimsonIrish
04-08-2007, 06:51 PM
What do any of these players have to do about the Boss being impatient?

What happens when the annually overrated yankees flop? Steinbrener fires people. My God he attempted to fire Torre!! after Cone, Brocius, O'neil and others didn't win a title the next year he canned them or in other word ran them off. There is a book you can buy that has all the info.....

"The last night of the Yankee dynasty" by Buster Olney

SillyIrish
04-10-2007, 12:25 AM
What happens when the annually overrated yankees flop? Steinbrener fires people. My God he attempted to fire Torre!! after Cone, Brocius, O'neil and others didn't win a title the next year he canned them or in other word ran them off. There is a book you can buy that has all the info.....

This is an untrue statement. If this was in a book was it the same one where you read Andy Phillips hit 17 homers last year.

notredomer23
04-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Don't Yankee fans think they will win every year, or is it that they are just so overrated by the media which states they will win year in and year out? Tell me what does it feel like coming up short with the highest payroll in baseball?

no we just know we always atleast have a 40% chance at the bigginning of the season of winning it this year. Red sox only have like a 10% chance at the beginning of the yearof winning it this year

Newc
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Can you really throw percentages out like that when its been so long since you have won a ring? From the look of things, the parody in baseball has become ever more present and the one thing we have learned from it is that the teams with solid pitching are the teams that end up going deep into the postseason. Therefore your 40% really wouldn't apply to your Yankees but rather a team like the Angels who have a solid rotation and pen, but it was a good attempt to add legitamacy to the annual "we yankees will win it all" claims.

CrimsonIrish
04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/2/9780060515072.jpg

As for my mistake about Phillips.....Im a Red Sox fan I don't really keep up with yankjob stats until we play them. I was simply attempting to make a case for a fellow Alumni.

SillyIrish
04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
O'Neill and Brosius both retired at the end of the 2001 season, would hardly call that being run off. O'Neill made his decision prior to the end of the season.

CrimsonIrish
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
O'Neill and Brosius both retired at the end of the 2001 season, would hardly call that being run off. O'Neill made his decision prior to the end of the season.

And you don't think steinbrener had any hand in that decision?

notredomer23
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=newc122;136131]Can you really throw percentages out like that when its been so long since you have won a ring?QUOTE]

6 years is a long time? i think what was it 88 years is a long time but not 6.

Newc
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
6 years is a long time when all you hear from the media and yankee fans is how incredible their team is and how no one can beat them with such a potent offense. A-rod has been added, Giambi, Damon, Randy Johnson, they were all supposed to be the link to a ring...still nothing. Sure, fans always say this is going to be our year, Sox fans and Yankee fans alike, but you can't honestly say that the yankees have a 40% chance year in and year out. Maybe they did in the late 90s, but they are far from that kind of team anymore.

By the way, you may need to check your math, 1918-2004 is 86 years.

notredomer23
04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
i was guessing and plus math isnt my thing

CrimsonIrish
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=newc122;136131]Can you really throw percentages out like that when its been so long since you have won a ring?QUOTE]

6 years is a long time? i think what was it 88 years is a long time but not 6.

Nope it's been 3 years since our last

SillyIrish
04-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Well until the Sox can put maybe back to back, never mind past that there is nothing they can say. Sox fans forgot they finished third last year and missed the playoffs.

Newc
04-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Nermind the past?? Is that really coming from a Yankee fan? I love how when the Sox talk about winning in '04 all the Yankee fans are quick to condemn them for "living in the past", yet in the same breath of defensivness bring up their 27 championships. Just funny how they try to argue both points and don't see the hypocricy themselves.

CrimsonIrish
04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Nermind the past?? Is that really coming from a Yankee fan? I love how when the Sox talk about winning in '04 all the Yankee fans are quick to condemn them for "living in the past", yet in the same breath of defensivness bring up their 27 championships. Just funny how they try to argue both points and don't see the hypocricy themselves.

it's that yankjob holier than thou disorder. They forgot they have a roid freak(Gumby) on their team as well and they continue to look down on Bonds. BTW Giambi is getting rather swollen again I wonder what he's doing? LOL

Newc
04-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Haha...and 6 homers in 7 games seems a little fishy, I guess A-rod's ass isn't too frozen from the NY cold to keep him from injecting. Just Kidding!!

SillyIrish
04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
it's that yankjob holier than thou disorder. They forgot they have a roid freak(Gumby) on their team as well and they continue to look down on Bonds. BTW Giambi is getting rather swollen again I wonder what he's doing? LOL

What about Big Sloppy? Its a little suspicious that he turns into such a hitter when coming to the sox?

Newc
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Dude calm down, I was just messin around. I do not believe A-Rod is on the juice, just a little innocent banter among rivals.

CrimsonIrish
04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
What about Big Sloppy? Its a little suspicious that he turns into such a hitter when coming to the sox?

Do you know what the side effects of roids are? it's not having a gut like Papi has and players turn into hitters when they get used to the speed of the game. It took Papi some time but he's gotten better with some good coaching and some experience.

Newc
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Papa Jack...one of the best hitting coaches ever.

CrimsonIrish
04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
CrimsonIrish and Newc 3, yanjobs 0. LOL