PDA

View Full Version : First win of 2007

CrimsonIrish
04-04-2007, 11:39 PM
7-1 Sox win

Beckett gets the win with 5 innings pitches/ 5Ks/ 2 hits/ 4BBs

Youkillis homered in the 7th, Drew and Pedroia had another good game at the plate, Lugo again struggled, Lowell had a rare 3 error game, Beckett really seemed to have problem controling his curveball throughout the game, Javier Lopez and Snyder were impressive in their relief, Papi didn't explode from the plate but found ways to get on with walks and Manny improved.

HEY ROYALS!!!! PAYBACK IS A B!*CH

Newc
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Haha, it was good to see both the offense and defense (primarlily the pitching) pick it up this game. Beckett's two hitter was awesome, yea he had some issues with the control, but nothing that should be too worrisome. I am really happy to see Drew hitting the ball so well, I knew he would be a great addition to the ballclub, and Pedroia continues to impress me with his at-bats, even though I still cringe when he swings with that long swing. It was good to see that middle relief coming in and having a good showing, even though it was against the Royals, but then again, they did rough up Schilling, so they had to be doing something right.

Now its time to see Daisuke show us what he can really do when it counts. I am so excited for this game that I am counting down the hours. Haha, I am wishing for a no-no so all those yankee fans will go smack their heads against the wall, but thats pretty wishful thinking. A good quality outing with a win would be enough for me.