PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go Beckett

Newc
04-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Lets hope Beckett can get the Sox on track today. It would be nice to see a lights out outing by Beckett with the hitters putting the ball in play alot, so that we can get over that opening day dissapointment, I mean come on, its the Royals. I'd also like to see Paps today to see how his transition back is going. I expect him to put up numbers just like he did last year, if not better with the expierence and hopefully he'll have more victories that he can seal up in the ninth.

Lets Go Sox!

CrimsonIrish
04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Beckett is set up for a good season because he's one of those type of pitchers that need to rely on a good bullpen and last year he didn't have that but now I truly believe he will pitch without so much pressure on him. KC is pitching Perez and he is AWFUL!!!! 4.50 ERA.

BECKETT NEEDS TO LIMIT THE HOMERUNS THOUGH!!!! he gave up more homeruns last year than any 10+ win pitcher has ever given up.

I'm also excited to see how good of a coach Magadan is because it was obvious our guys were having some problems at the plate monday.

lorangatane
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I know come on the kansas city royals should be a pushovr team for the sox

Newc
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Yea, the homeruns are very concerning. I think Beckett relies too much on his fast ball and when he gets frustrated he becomes stubborn and keeps firing away, allowing hitters to key onto him and get a good rip. I think he was a little too worried about his curveball bringing back the blisters last year and didn't want to have to face the wrath of the Sox Nation and the media if he were unable to pitch because of them.

I just hope he calms down this season and realizes that he is one of the best pitchers in baseball and pitches his game, the game he is comfortable. With the lineup he has behind him to protect him I don't see why Beckett can't win 18-22 games every season.

notredomer23
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I have to say this me being a yankee fan is tough to say, but you guys better get revenge for a 7-1 loss to KC. but who knows maybe KC will be the 98 yankees.

CrimsonIrish
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I have to say this me being a yankee fan is tough to say, but you guys better get revenge for a 7-1 loss to KC. but who knows maybe KC will be the 98 yankees.

not a chance KC is still the lovable losers. We faced a good pitcher in Meche and he took us to town it's that simple. KC only has 1 good pitcher and we've seen him. Not to mention we started a 40 year old when I honestly think Beckett should have been the starter.