PDA

View Full Version : Sox get beatdown by Royals.

CrimsonIrish
04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
7-1 Royals

All in all a crappy day at the ballpark. Schilling showed some signs of being 40 and Royals Ace Meche was lights out as he pitched 8 1/2 innings.

I'm pretty sure Meche is their only decent pitcher so maybe we can take the next 2

lorangatane
04-02-2007, 09:06 PM
It was a bad day for schilling

CrimsonIrish
04-02-2007, 11:13 PM
It was a bad day for schilling

It made me sick! it was mostly stupid mistakes.....Peroria's and Youkillis's baserunning were great examples of what made me sick and the hesitance to SWING AT HANGING CURVEBALLS!!!! Meche was asking to be taken yard about 20 times today but our guys just stood their and watch homerun derby pitches just glide by.

On a brighter note I was pretty impressed with Okajima in his relief appearance. Pedoria made good conatct. Drew had some good at bats and so did Youkillis. Lugo's and Manny's lack of production bothers me and of course Schilling's showing was very depressing.

Newc
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Yea, Lugo's three strikeouts in the leadoff position is a cause for concern definitely. Manny is Manny, he'll come around. He never starts the season off very well, I think they said in the game that his last opening day homerun came when he was with Cleveland. He'll put up his 45 homers and 120+ RBI's.

I did like seeing Pedoria hitting the ball like he was. Its promising that he is getting the contact that he is, although my dad and I couldn't stop from laughing when the second baseman was waiting there for him, reminded me of major league.

Schilling is beginning to look his age. Hopefully its just an opening day blunder and he'll return to form here, but I do have some concerns, though I won't jump on a guy for one bad start. I think Beckett will really step it up this year, he'll be the ace of the staff for sure. He learned alot last season and he is a smart pitcher who definitely has the talent. I think alot of people will be surprised by him, as he can very well turn out to be one of the premier pitchers in the AL this year.

All in all, we have 161 games to go, lets just hope the bats come alive soon. I'm still sticking to my AL East Division Champions expectations. We are too good to let this year slip by.

CrimsonIrish
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Yea, Lugo's three strikeouts in the leadoff position is a cause for concern definitely. Manny is Manny, he'll come around. He never starts the season off very well, I think they said in the game that his last opening day homerun came when he was with Cleveland. He'll put up his 45 homers and 120+ RBI's.

I did like seeing Pedoria hitting the ball like he was. Its promising that he is getting the contact that he is, although my dad and I couldn't stop from laughing when the second baseman was waiting there for him, reminded me of major league.

Schilling is beginning to look his age. Hopefully its just an opening day blunder and he'll return to form here, but I do have some concerns, though I won't jump on a guy for one bad start. I think Beckett will really step it up this year, he'll be the ace of the staff for sure. He learned alot last season and he is a smart pitcher who definitely has the talent. I think alot of people will be surprised by him, as he can very well turn out to be one of the premier pitchers in the AL this year.

All in all, we have 161 games to go, lets just hope the bats come alive soon. I'm still sticking to my AL East Division Champions expectations. We are too good to let this year slip by.

I just hope Beckett cuts down on the number of HRs he gives up this year. The next game KC is going to pitch Perez and I think he's got a 4.50 ERA and overall is 57-58 lifetime.....