PDA

View Full Version : It's about time

tgolden
03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I was starting to get worried about the complete lack of Bengals getting arrested lately. But I should have known Chris Henry wasn't going to let me down. I know it seems kinda minor, but I thinking driving with a suspended license, besides being really stupid, is just Chris Henry still thinking he is above the law. I know there are plenty of good guys who play for the Bengals, but it's guys like him who make me dislike the whole team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2814869

Bengals' Henry in more trouble after traffic violations Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, already facing possible NFL punishment for problems with the law, has been cited by Cincinnati police on three traffic charges including driving with a suspended license.

Henry
Henry also was ticketed for an alleged improper turn and seat belt violation. His vehicle was impounded after he was stopped March 21, and he paid $100 to retrieve it Monday, court records show. Court action is pending.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan released a statement Tuesday from the team that said, "While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. ... Chris's overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said this week that a tougher player conduct policy should be in place before the April 28-29 draft. Henry, suspended for two games by the NFL last season, could face more punishment after settling the last of his earlier four court cases by serving two days in Kenton County (Ky.) jail in January. That was for letting minors drink in a hotel room he had rented.

Henry is among nine Bengals players arrested in less than a year. He had four arrests in 14 months, including marijuana possession, a weapon charge, and a drunken-driving count that resulted in a guilty plea to reckless operation of a vehicle.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

tgolden
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
p.s. this is not me trying to make fun of any of the Bengals fans here. This is me being sick and tired of Bengals players getting arrested, etc. And just b/c it's so ridiculous and I'm not a Bengals fan, I find it somewhat humurous too.

stonebreakerwasgod
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Damn T. Isn't it bad enough to be a Bengals fan, much less people talking junk? We are a collective bunch of sad sacks here.

tgolden
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
being a Bengals fan lately can't be so horrible... not like back in the day.

if the Bengals would get rid of some certain players, and bring in some other certain players, there would be a chance of me joining you in cheering for the hometown team.

but I am not trying to add to your sad sackness. so I apologize for that.

stonebreakerwasgod
03-31-2007, 02:07 PM
It's ok, I think we are just being realists. You're right, Cincy needs to get some players, shed a couple, and play like we mean business. Other than that, stop getting arrested would be a good idea.

notredomer23
03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Is henry even good, i mean i barely ever hear about him except when he is on COPS or some news station. I might just not hear bout him though because of CJ and houshmanzada

NDBCSChamps
03-31-2007, 04:31 PM
ok first since Cincy lost Steinbach do we now drop down to 8 players arrested? Just kidding, seriously though the Lewis needs to start kicking some ass in that locker room or tell them to pack up and leave. just when it was no longer embarassing to be a bengals fan then we have 9 guys arrested and its just another reason to be ashamed of the Bengals. As far as Henry talent wise he could be a number 1 or 2 wideout on most teams in the league but because of the guys ahead of him he's stuck in the number 3 spot. Thats what makes his situation so frustrating, he has a ton of talent and attitude wise he's a good kid, he just can't keep his butt out of trouble.

tgolden
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Henry is a good player. and the fact that he does makes plays makes me all the angrier when I'm watching b/c I don't think he should be on the team or in the league.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-02-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm with u T. I wish he sucked so we could cut him. BTW- hear anything on whether Odell maybe coming back?? LOL

stonebreakerwasgod
04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
It has been suggested that the Bengals will take a LB in the draft, perhaps POZ. How interesting that would be.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I hope the Bungles don't go after Ted (Juice) Ginn. They really need the best athlete available at CB, LB, or DL.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Bengals got a great pickup in CB Hall. Their secondary just got alot better.

IrishGirl10
04-28-2007, 11:43 PM
I read where Henry might be volunteering to help coach a Cincy high school team (Taft High School) during his suspension.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure if I would want him around my kids but.. maybe if he sounds humble and contrite, the message will get thru.

stonebreakerwasgod
05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Oops, some things stay the same.. A.J. Nicholson arrested for domestic abuse. (sigh)