PDA

View Full Version : yankees notes 3-15

nd1
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070314&content_id=1842840&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

even though doug is struggleing at the plate I still like him because he plays great defence and saves a bunch of errors on throws that aren't that good. If he can hit 280 or so and play great defence he will be a great pick up.

hughes got sent down and will probably be called up again sometime this year. probably after the allstar break. theres really no need to rush him up because we have some good pitchers that are ready and I think hughes needs some time at aaa. jeff karstens looked really good last night striking out 4 in 4 innings.he gave up one hit.

SillyIrish
03-15-2007, 06:16 PM
even though doug is struggleing at the plate I still like him because he plays great defence and saves a bunch of errors on throws that aren't that good. If he can hit 280 or so and play great defence he will be a great pick up.

Good thing about Doug is that he really doesn't have to hit, just use his glove. Any offensive output by him is a bonus. As far as Hughes that is no surprise he'll be the opening day starter for the Scranton Yankees and I'll be there.

notredomer23
03-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Ive never liked Doug as a hitter, i will be happy if he hits 265. He is well out of his prime anyway.