PDA

View Full Version : Notice how the most active thread in the Yankees Forum is about the Sox!!

Newc
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I guess its just me, but I can't help but bask in the fact that all yankees fans can talk about is the Red Sox. Seems to me like they are a little worried about this season with the addition of Dice-K and our strong starting pitching staff. Its funny how all the Yanks fans claim that Sox fans always start the fights and all the trouble, I guess we'll just have to chalk that one up to the good ole New York mentality. Oh well, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Predictions: 100+ wins by the Sox, while taking the East. And look out for J.D. Drew, I think he'll end up surprising many of you.

Let Go Sox !!!

ACamp1900
03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
not a Yankee fan... and yes Sox fans ALWAYS start the shit... always... then after some other fans have to put up with 100s of confrontations with Ho Sox clowns and finally get fed up and say something about it... self loathing Sux fans like you say crap like "hey look, everyone talks about us!... see, we ARE important!"... :jerkit: oh, well hope, good luck sleeping at night with that complex

:wink:

celtic745
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I guess its just me, but I can't help but bask in the fact that all yankees fans can talk about is the Red Sox. Seems to me like they are a little worried about this season with the addition of Dice-K and our strong starting pitching staff. Its funny how all the Yanks fans claim that Sox fans always start the fights and all the trouble, I guess we'll just have to chalk that one up to the good ole New York mentality. Oh well, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Predictions: 100+ wins by the Sox, while taking the East. And look out for J.D. Drew, I think he'll end up surprising many of you.

Let Go Sox !!!

Agreed! Go Sox.
Who do you guys think is gonna be the closer?
I heard Tavarez is the favorite now, but we'll see. I wouldn't really be surprised if Papelbon takes the closer spot back halfway through the season

Newc
03-15-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't know about the whole closer issue. Hopefully Donnelly can come around a show that he can be an effective closer. Tavarez scares me to be honest, way too inconsistant. Maybe if Lester can be ready to go by July, Paps will end up back in the pen, I don't know. But it will be an exciting year for sure, while the yankees have to deal with the marital problems between a-rod and jeter, the sox look poised to take the east.

Lets Go Sox!

nd1
03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
the only ones on jeter-arod thing is the media. they have address it and it's over. as fas as the sox's pitching how do you know it will be great. you don't really know that much about dice-k, and shilling and wakefield are getting up their in age. the same arguement you sox fans make about moose.you don't have a closer because he's in your starting rotation, which is the best pitcher the sox's have.

your defence is weaker than last year. let's be honest lugo can hit but he is a terrible shortstop and since jason v. got off the steriods he's a 240 hitter. You do have manny and ortiz which they will put their numbers up as always but nobody to hit behind them. who jd drew how long is he going to be healthy.

celtic745
03-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't know about the whole closer issue. Hopefully Donnelly can come around a show that he can be an effective closer. Tavarez scares me to be honest, way too inconsistant. Maybe if Lester can be ready to go by July, Paps will end up back in the pen, I don't know. But it will be an exciting year for sure, while the yankees have to deal with the marital problems between a-rod and jeter, the sox look poised to take the east.

Lets Go Sox!

I don't know If I'd expect Donnelly to close. I mean, could happen, but he hasn't had a great spring so far.

Newc
03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
First of all, J.D. Drew is going to surprise alot of people this year. He is a solid player, he just needs to get his head straight, I think there are alot of guys on the team that can definitely help him with that. He'll stay healthy and have a solid bat in the # 5 position, backing up the greatest one-two punch in baseball.

Secondly, yes, Donnelly has not had the most reassuring of spring trainings, however, he has shown that he can fill the role with some more guidance out there in the pen. We are lucky to have alot of great veterans like schilling and tek who can work and help our pitchers progress. In addition, we have Pinero and Timlin who can fill in as a closer in order to rest others. I'm not completely convinced we need one guy to fill the closer role specifically as long as we can work the pen and keep some kind of consistancy. And remember, there are a few guys Theo has his eyes on as well, so we'll all have to wait and see.

And Finally, in regards to the "media having it out for A-rod". Maybe he needs to stop blaming his woes on the Yankee Fans. I find it hard to believe that the NY fans still put up with his crap. How does one of the richest men in baseball blame his fanbase for his lack of performance. Haha, what a joke! You yankee fans better be nice to him this year and give him a nice little pat on the bottom or he may no longer want to stay in NY. I'd say good riddance, get some balls A-rod, the expectations come with the big bucks my friend, if you can't handle the criticism maybe you should play for bottom dollar.

Lets Go Sox!

Newc
03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
your defence is weaker than last year. let's be honest lugo can hit but he is a terrible shortstop and since jason v. got off the steriods he's a 240 hitter.

Yea, the yankees really the right to throw around steroid allegations...can anyone say Giambi or Sheffield??

nd1
03-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Yea, the yankees really the right to throw around steroid allegations...can anyone say Giambi or Scheffield??

if you don't know by now sheffield doesn't play with theyankees. he's with the tigers now. say what you want most of baseball players was on steriods. at least jason g can hit higher than 240 when everyone came off of them. It really doesn't matter because they will find something else to take in the place of them.

notredomer23
03-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Nd1 stop posting on this board the crickets are starting to sound again go back to the yanks board with you me camp and the others. This one has 2 users..

$!$!YANKEES$!$!

Shark Attack
03-16-2007, 11:17 PM
All i can say is that I can't wait to see what Dice-k can do