PDA

View Full Version : Go Redlegs!

stonebreakerwasgod
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Cincy didn't add much to their team in the offseason, but they do have the two top pitchers under LT contracts. I guess it will be at least 2 years before they threaten to make the playoffs. Hooray for small market teams!

HereComeTheIrish
03-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Cincy didn't add much to their team in the offseason, but they do have the two top pitchers under LT contracts. I guess it will be at least 2 years before they threaten to make the playoffs. Hooray for small market teams!

Ah yes...the ugly step sister of Ohio. How are things down there in Cincinnatucky? I kid...I kid...Hope you guys have a great year.

stonebreakerwasgod
03-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks, its gonna be a long one!

Win4Gipper
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I just moved to Cincy in Sept of last year and was able to make it to a couple of games. I loved it..........half of games.......I was able to park...get my ticket...a hot dog and a pop for under 20$..... when I lived in Upstate NY I drove to one BoSox game parking alone was almost twice that....

stonebreakerwasgod
03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Actually, the reds do have a really nice stadium and environ. At least they don't have Nancy (UC president) Zimpher running the show. Running off Huggins AND Andy Kennedy, what a bitch!

stonebreakerwasgod
03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Hooray Reds... Boooo creepy Indians, Mets, Braves, Redsox, etc..

I could be the only reds fan. WIIIILLLSSOOONNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IRISHDODGER
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Keep an eye out for Travis Wood in a few years. He was drafted by Cincy a few yrs ago as a pitcher out of the town I live in. He had his HS team nationally ranked & can bring the gas. Suprisingly, the usually frugal Reds got him enough of a signing bonus to forego pitching for the Razorbacks.

Coincidentally, your crosstown rivals, the Indians have a pitcher from the town I live in as well...Cliff Lee. I think he just got hurt, but will be a vital cog in their starting rotation if he keeps progressing

stonebreakerwasgod
03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey, thanx for the input. I figured this thread was gonna be my own personal rant page this year. Thank goodness I can at least act like others could be watching. LOL

TexasDomer
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
FWIW, you've got another die hard Reds fan down here languishing in Astro country.

Been a fan ever since I used to flap my chicken wing right elbow like Joe Morgan (except of course that I batted right, couldn't hit, and spent most of my time in the outfield).

HereComeTheIrish
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Keep an eye out for Travis Wood in a few years. He was drafted by Cincy a few yrs ago as a pitcher out of the town I live in. He had his HS team nationally ranked & can bring the gas. Suprisingly, the usually frugal Reds got him enough of a signing bonus to forego pitching for the Razorbacks.

Coincidentally, your crosstown rivals, the Indians have a pitcher from the town I live in as well...Cliff Lee. I think he just got hurt, but will be a vital cog in their starting rotation if he keeps progressing

Yeah, it was announced that Cliff Lee is gonna be on the rack for the next 4-6 weeks. I don't know what it is about the Indians starting pitching staff, every freaking year, one goes down with a gut strain. Geesh.

stonebreakerwasgod
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Gotta love the chicken flap!! Awesome baby, nice 2 see some love out there.

ACamp1900
03-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I thought the Reds moved to Florida....

stonebreakerwasgod
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Take Griffey with 'em. He was quoted recently saying that he views Cincy as his place of work, his home is elsewhere. Totally dissing the town where he went to h.s. and where his fan base has largely been most of his career. If that's how he feels, retire and get the hell out of my city! I honestly don't think most of us would miss the reds that bad, they seem to have no LT committment to winning.

ACamp1900
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I know scooper would be heart broken....

HereComeTheIrish
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Take Griffey with 'em. He was quoted recently saying that he views Cincy as his place of work, his home is elsewhere. Totally dissing the town where he went to h.s. and where his fan base has largely been most of his career. If that's how he feels, retire and get the hell out of my city! I honestly don't think most of us would miss the reds that bad, they seem to have no LT committment to winning.

I was gonna say...He's from Cincy because I played against his (Grumpy Jr's) brother and Chris Szabo's brother in a couple of tournaments around the midwest back in the day during travel baseball. That's some pretty shallow bullshit if that's what he's pulling. Early in his career, all he did was talk up Cincy this and Cincy that...

Win4Gipper
03-13-2007, 11:07 PM

I agree I wished they would have traded him away instead of Kearns

ACamp1900
03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I was gonna say...He's from Cincy because I played against his (Grumpy Jr's) brother and Chris Szabo's brother in a couple of tournaments around the midwest back in the day during travel baseball. That's some pretty shallow bullshit if that's what he's pulling. Early in his career, all he did was talk up Cincy this and Cincy that...

yeah I remember that, remember how he held Seattle hostage over SafeCo... and how his home is Cinncy anyway...

stonebreakerwasgod
03-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Apparently, the fans who love him get outweighed by the few who get on Griffey due to lack of numbers (mostly due to constant injuries). We love him anyway, but he feels its just due to him putting up historical stats. Which is F'g crazy because they aint THAT good. Get with it Griffey, you sound/act like a child!

HereComeTheIrish
03-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Apparently, the fans who love him get outweighed by the few who get on Griffey due to lack of numbers (mostly due to constant injuries). We love him anyway, but he feels its just due to him putting up historical stats. Which is F'g crazy because they aint THAT good. Get with it Griffey, you sound/act like a child!

Your absolutely right. The way "Grumpy Jr" acts, it's almost like the "game" and the fans owe him something. He was supposed to be the next big thing and hasn't delivered. Screw him...

He's a prick of the first order....

stonebreakerwasgod
03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Is Clemons going back to the 'stros ?? That guy has it pretty good, sit out and then come back for the end of the year.

Josh Hamilton could be a real player this year. He has talent and can hit. Stay out of trouble dude!!

IRISHDODGER
04-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Are you gonna start a pool as to what date that Griffey has a season ending injury? Hamilton looks like a Comeback Player of the Year candidate...if he stays away from Mr. Brownstone. Just kidding, I'm rooting for the kid. He's got a chance for rehabbing his career after rehabbing his life. Pretty significant, considering he has a wife & kid. Of course, as a Dodger fan, I always hoped Steve Howe would get his act together, too, so I know it's a tough road to hoe.

NDBCSChamps
04-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Is Clemons going back to the 'stros ?? That guy has it pretty good, sit out and then come back for the end of the year.

Josh Hamilton could be a real player this year. He has talent and can hit. Stay out of trouble dude!!

I'm looking forward to the Mid_august slump that the Reds always go into, that way they'll bring Homer Bailey up for the end of the year and get him ready for next year. By the way about what you were saying about Griffey in earlier posts, when he left Seattle, he was by far the best player in the league and still is a first ballot hall of famer. He was on pace to beat Aaron's homerun record if I remember correctly. He just can't stay healthy anymore.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Was is the operative word. :) He hasn't been healthy since he came here. We support him, but any fan will boo if their big gun doesn't perform. We lost good people and pitching to get that 'bum'. Hell, I remember going to see him play in San Bernardino when he played 1A ball with the Spirit. Talk about hype!! He lived up to it, no doubt, but not with the reds.

NDBCSChamps
04-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah but the fact that he has had major injuries hasn't helped alot. I mean he's been in the bigs I think like 15+ years, thats a lot of wear and tear. I used to live in Cincy so I know what kind of crappy he catches up there, but he hasn't been healthy and besides Dunn what did he ever have around him. Kearns? He couldn't out hit Felipe Lopez his last year in Cincy, he underperformed after his rookie year. And Carl Lindner was a joke of an owner, seriously the guy is a freaking billionaire and rarely put any money into the team.I am so glad he sold the Reds. So you can't say Jr. is the only reason the Reds haven't been contenders. There have been so many bad personnel decisions by the Reds front office I surprised they were in the hunt last year. Honestly, I think the Reds will make a serious title run in a few years under their new ownership.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I haven't said that at all. There are a plethora of reasons why the reds are crappy. I think alot of us are now bitter at jr because he doesn't seem to give two craps about the fans.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey now..Reds over the cubbies 5-1. Harang looked great. Dunn hit two dingers. Griffey had two hits. The defense looked good.

Great first game!

stonebreakerwasgod
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, we lost the second game to the cubs, but the reds won today and won the series 2 games to 1. Way to go redlegs!

Hey, I think it's gonna be lonely in here all season long... YEAH !!

stonebreakerwasgod
04-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Reds are 4-1. Great start.

Wiillssoonn!!!

TexasDomer
04-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I love the way the guys are playing right now. I wish I were back in the 'Nati.

"And this one belongs to the Reds!"

stonebreakerwasgod
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM
The pitching certainly looks better this year, except Milton, who would be gone except for his huge paycheck. But the Reds are keeping 6 guys around (mostly on IR) so that come late May, if some guys arent' performing, I think you will see some changes. Good job on the part of the GM to have a good backup plan.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Josh Hamilton does look like a keeper. The Reds stole him from somebody. He gives them great options when Dunn or Griffey are hurt, sucking hind, or need a day off.

SillyIrish
04-13-2007, 01:43 AM
To you Reds fans what is your outlook on Brandon Phillips this year? I drafted him in fantasy in the later rounds and I think he brings a little of everything to the table. Just want to hear your opinions on your 2B.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Red's fans? It's pretty much me here! LOL

I think Phillips is going to be solid. Beyond that, who knows? He could be really good, or just ok. I like his defense and his speed. His bat tends to come and go.

I think Josh Hamilton is the guy I would draft from the reds. He could be dangerous.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-16-2007, 02:03 AM
Lohse won today. 1-0 against the cubbies. If Homer Bailey comes up, that would give the Reds FOUR solid starters if Bailey is as good as they say. Watch out!

stonebreakerwasgod
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Once again the 'natural' Josh Hamilton came up big. Two homeruns, and an awesome throw from the outfield to nail a runner at 3rd. Too bad the reds are have a CRAPPY bullpen.

IRISHDODGER
05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Hamilton is the "feel good" story of the year thus far. I think he had to sit out from 2002-2006 due to his drug problems. That's a lot of time to sit around and get fat or lose your timing at the plate, which he obviously did NOT do. The kid is starting to look like the 5 tool player he was out of high school when the DRays gave him the biggest signing bonus ever (at the time).

The Reds mgr, Narron, has a brother who coached Hamilton in high school in North Carolina. I think he coached him on an all-star team or something. Any way, he vouched for the kid, as well when they were deciding to purchase his rights. The Cincy GM made a deal w/ the Cubs so another team wouldn't beat them to the punch in the supplemental draft. The Cubs drafted him & sold him to the Reds as agreed & the rest could be history as if he continues to tear up the NL, he'll be the steal of the century!

Oh yeah, Go Dodgers!

stonebreakerwasgod
05-07-2007, 10:19 AM
He looks like a 6 tool player. We could bring him out of left field to pitch. Couldn't be much worse than we got already.

He is the steal of the decade, no doubt.

stonebreakerwasgod
05-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Relief pitching needs relief quickly!! Lohse is not looking good as of late. Gonna be a long year.

ACamp1900
06-07-2007, 03:20 AM
Any June Gloom updates stoney???

Josh Ham still J.C. of baseball???

stonebreakerwasgod
06-07-2007, 03:33 AM
He is back, and Homer Bailey is gonna play the tribe on Friday!! Hope he don't suck.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Homer Bailey went 7 innings, 2 hits and one run in beating the A's last nite. His future does like bright.

ACamp1900
06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
one more day, and stone will cease to be pOWNED, but remember, you can't change it until late tomorrow

stonebreakerwasgod
06-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Understand. You went easy on me this time. Next time it happens, I won't let you be so nice to me!! and that's a promise and a threat.

(WTF ???)

ACamp1900
06-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Lucky for you I've been dealing with family issues, so I haven't been in a playful mood, otherwise I would have wrecked your whole deck...

:pity: :stickoutt

stonebreakerwasgod
06-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Hopefully everything will work out with you family.

As far as me.......you gotta believe there will be future opportunities for um...both of us.

stonebreakerwasgod
06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
There is a rumor circulating in the Chicago area that Griffey is getting hard looks by the cubbies. The fun surrounding Dunn and Griff continue.

ACamp1900
06-21-2007, 08:28 PM
There is a rumor circulating in the Chicago area that Griffey is getting hard looks by the cubbies. The fun surrounding Dunn and Griff continue.

yeah heard that out here today too

stonebreakerwasgod
06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
So much for rumors. Although I gotta believe that Dunn, Griffey (maybe to Seattle), and Hatteburg could be moved soon.

mlcspinner
06-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Griffey should go back to Seattle. man they love that guy

stonebreakerwasgod
12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Texas Rangers will deal Volquez to Reds

The Texas Rangers spent most of 2007 trying to build up the starting pitching depth in the organization. Friday, they put that depth to use.

The Rangers reached into their stock of young starters and used one, Edinson Volquez, to address one of their more pressing needs, the outfield. The Rangers, sources confirmed, have agreed to send Volquez and minor league pitcher Daniel Herrera to Cincinnati for power-hitting Josh Hamilton.

In a way, it's a trade of one successful rebuilding project for another. While Volquez worked his way back from Class A last year to have a successful September for the Rangers, Hamilton overcame a long history of injuries and addiction issues to have an impressive rookie season for the Reds.

Hamilton, who will turn 27 in May, hit .292 with a .922 on-base-plus-slugging average in 90 games. He also hit 19 home runs and drove in 47 runs.

Texas Rangers will deal Volquez to Reds | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | SportsDay: Baseball: Rangers (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/122207dnsporanglede.3b085d1a.html)

Win4Gipper
12-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I am torn on this.... The reds need pitching but I loved Hamilton and his story... he got a bunch of crap from fans at the start of last year and he stayed a class act

daytonirish
12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
And besides who would wish being traded to the reds right before christmas on anybody.

Win4Gipper
12-21-2007, 07:26 PM
And besides who would wish being traded to the reds right before christmas on anybody.

I like the reds and that still cracks me up

daytonirish
12-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Don't tell stoney, but seeing how I'm just about an hour away I grew up rooting for the Reds. Still like them, hope they make it to the WS every yr. and lose to my Tigers.

stonebreakerwasgod
12-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Give the Reds a break, they are actually making a move. Albeit, three years from now, it will turn out awful.

stonebreakerwasgod
01-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Future Shock
Reds Top 11 Prospects

Five-Star Prospects
1. Jay Bruce, CF
2. Homer Bailey, RHP
3. Joey Votto, 1B/OF
Four-Star Prospects
4. Johnny Cueto, RHP
Three-Star Prospects
5. Todd Frazier, INF
6. Devin Mesoraco, C
7. Drew Stubbs, CF
8. Matt Maloney, LHP
9. Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
10. Juan Francisco, 3B
Two-Star Prospects
11. Neftali Soto, SS

Baseball Prospectus | Articles | Future Shock: Reds Top 11 Prospects (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=7060)

stonebreakerwasgod
01-19-2008, 02:41 PM
The Reds dealt (my boy) Hamilton to open up some room for Jay Bruce. Oh yeah, the Reds needed some pitching anyway.

ACamp1900
01-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm telling you man... the Reds are REAL close to contending for that divison... Reds are a REAL smart bet this year... won't have to put much up to bring a lot home if it happens

Win4Gipper
01-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I cant wait for the season to start!!!!! Gotta love being able to go to a proball game...parking...having a hotdog and going home only having spent 20 bucks...

ACamp1900
01-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Arte Moreno is a great owner... NOT including parking at the big A you can take a 20 dollar bill to Angel Stadium and get one ticket one dog and one beer... most movie theaters can't even say that now a days...

SoCalDomer
01-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Arte Moreno is a great owner... NOT including parking at the big A you can take a 20 dollar bill to Angel Stadium and get one ticket one dog and one beer... most movie theaters can't even say that now a days...

i don't know how he compares with other owners, but i always root against them because of him and what he's done. my gripes:

1) i hate the "Los Angeles Angels nowhere near Los Angeles, actually in Central Orange County, not the Orange County in New York or Florida, of Anaheim"
2) advertising is out of control; there's barely any space in the stadium that is not filed with signage
3) as of last year, all the good seats were converted to season tickets only. so you either have to buy a season ticket package, you can find those tickets on the ticket exchange, but you then have to pay all sorts of fees to get the single game tickets.
4) the game isn't the main attraction, it's a side show compared to the between innings "entertainment" (everything is an advertising gimmick, see #2)

ironically, they are one of three teams i actually like watching. i just happen to like watching them lose. if arte "i need a map to figure out where my team is located" moreno were to fix #1, i would stop rooting against them.

ACamp1900
01-20-2008, 03:58 AM
i don't know how he compares with other owners, but i always root against them because of him and what he's done. my gripes:

[QUOTE]1) i hate the "Los Angeles Angels nowhere near Los Angeles, actually in Central Orange County, not the Orange County in New York or Florida, of Anaheim"

He wants to win a title... he's a millionare but not the like of Steinbrenner where he has unlimited money... he must earn money elsewhere to stay ahead and keep spending... LA brings in more money than OC from a marketing standpoint... and who cares about where the team is??? there are other sports franchises are NOT in the city they claim, just near it... and no one gripped about the Los Angeles Rams who played in the same freaking building... if the city of Anahiem hadn't put up such a fit no one would have cared.. and btw since when is Anaheim nowhere near L.A.??? So Cal's not like Texas and it's not like the Cowboys moved ten hours away to El Paso and kept the name "Dallas" Cowboys... it's a freaking 30 minute drive

2) advertising is out of control; there's barely any space in the stadium that is not filed with signage

Some have said it's like a Minor League park in that regard... I say hey, that pays that one extra players salary and if his yearly totals are the difference between the post season or early off season I say put up another billboard...

3) as of last year, all the good seats were converted to season tickets only. so you either have to buy a season ticket package, you can find those tickets on the ticket exchange, but you then have to pay all sorts of fees to get the single game tickets.

As of last year??? I have been going to the big A since birth and my parents had their honeymoon there... Disney ripped out 1/3 of the seats, jacked the price up and converted everything on the lower deck to season tix... Arte has up'd the tiket packages park wide sure but those ticket packages work out to be 9 bucks a tiket in most cases... I know b/c I bought a set of four for my fam for x mas...

4) the game isn't the main attraction, it's a side show compared to the between innings "entertainment" (everything is an advertising gimmick, see #2)

I don't know what you are reffering to here... the cow milking or players contests they have??? that all goes back to the Gene Autry days... It was a good idea then and is now... do you have kids??? Try taking a four year old to a ballgame and try to enjoy the game WITHOUT any side attractions for them......... :(

ironically, they are one of three teams i actually like watching. i just happen to like watching them lose. if arte "i need a map to figure out where my team is located" moreno were to fix #1, i would stop rooting against them.

I hear this from only one type of person in so cal and I'm calling you out.......

Dodger fans who are bitter that the Angels have seriously challenged for So Cal's thunder... Don't cry for me Argentina....

stonebreakerwasgod
01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Listen Hijackers, this thread is about the REDS, not your sorry ass teams. LOL

SoCalDomer
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I hear this from only one type of person in so cal and I'm calling you out.......

Dodger fans who are bitter that the Angels have seriously challenged for So Cal's thunder... Don't cry for me Argentina....

No, I'm not a Dodger fan. Dodger games are where Raiders fans go to drink and take out their frustrations over no pro-football team in LA. I do like watching them, along with the Angels and Braves. I haven't had a team for years.

Also, I didn't think Disney did a better job that Arte, and as i said in my preface, i don't know how he compares to other owners. Although from what you hear about George and those Wankees, he's probably better.

Also, just because other teams do dumb things with their names, doesn't mean the LA Angels "45 minutes away" (as compared to now where near) Anaheim, is a good idea.

SoCalDomer
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Listen Hijackers, this thread is about the REDS, not your sorry ass teams. LOL

The Angels are red. pipe down. :bigsmile:

stonebreakerwasgod
01-20-2008, 06:33 PM
The Angels are my second fav team, so start a thread about THEM.

ACamp1900
01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
No, I'm not a Dodger fan. Dodger games are where Raiders fans go to drink and take out their frustrations over no pro-football team in LA. I do like watching them, along with the Angels and Braves. I haven't had a team for years.

Also, I didn't think Disney did a better job that Arte, and as i said in my preface, i don't know how he compares to other owners. Although from what you hear about George and those Wankees, he's probably better.

Also, just because other teams do dumb things with their names, doesn't mean the LA Angels "45 minutes away" (as compared to now where near) Anaheim, is a good idea.

Well you're right about that...my girl is part Mexican and I call her a Mexi-can't because she doesn't like the Raiders, Dodgers OR Torjans... which seems to be a gimmie for Hispanics round here... :)

stonebreakerwasgod
03-19-2008, 09:29 PM
As long as she's part Irish, you're in good shape.

stonebreakerwasgod
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Johnny Cueto's huge debut as a Red.

SPECTACULAR!
In his first professional start, he went 7 innings, gave up one hit, had 10 k's. Not only did he not walk anyone, but he didn't even have a 3 ball count on any batter.
He overshadowed the first closing of Cordero, who went 1-2-3 in the ninth to record his first save as the high-priced closer.

Last pitcher to record 10 k's in his debut.....Dice k.

ACamp1900
04-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Halos 3-1

;)

stonebreakerwasgod
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Good. I'd like to see the AA of LA kick some BUTT!

ACamp1900
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Good. I'd like to see the AA of LA kick some BUTT!

I'll be at the home opener tomorrow... first of 11 games this year...

:)

stonebreakerwasgod
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Lucky dog. Who's butt did you kiss to get the opener?

Mattmags
04-03-2008, 10:06 PM

SPECTACULAR!
In his first professional start, he went 7 innings, gave up one hit, had 10 k's. Not only did he not walk anyone, but he didn't even have a 3 ball count on any batter.
He overshadowed the first closing of Cordero, who went 1-2-3 in the ninth to record his first save as the high-priced closer.

i heard on the radio today. WOW! what a great start for a pitcher that's been highly touted. Granted, he won't do this every start, but this is a great way to boost his confidence. Hope to see much more from Johnny!

Win4Gipper
04-04-2008, 12:23 PM
I will be at tonights game against the Phillies.... hopefully some fans actually show up... I know the weather has been rough here in Cincy but 14K and 12K is pathetic.

ALLND62
04-04-2008, 01:38 PM

SPECTACULAR!

Very impressive......did he knock in the winning run or anything?

ACamp1900
04-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Lucky dog. Who's butt did you kiss to get the opener?

bought the 11 game package for my fam for x mas, included home opener my b day, the sis' b day, 4th of july and a couple other really good dates...

4 tix 11 games under $500

stonebreakerwasgod
04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Volquez debuted today for the Reds....and had this line: 5 1/3, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 8 K

Not too shabby, as the Redlegs beat the Phillies 8-2, and now sit at 4-2 on the year.

Win4Gipper
04-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Volquez looked really impressive.... he got flustered once and I thought he may unravel and give up more than just the one run but he re-composed himself and got the K to get out of the jam.