PDA

View Full Version : browns

nd1
03-08-2007, 08:43 AM
jamal lewis just signed with the browns. you think they are going to take quinn.

Akron Irish
03-08-2007, 08:59 AM
There's a pretty good chance. The only alternative I could see is them trading down to a team that is trying to get Calvin Johnson.
I hear Detroit may still be considering Quinn also.

jgrnd07
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Every draft board I have seen has the Browns taking Peterson...with Lewis, which as a Browns fan I hate this pick-up, I do not see that happening now! I cannot wait to hear "with the 3rd pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Brady Quinn, Notre Dame." Home town boy and his jersey's will sell like hot cakes!!!!

Junkhead
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm not really a Browns fan, but it would be a good fit for BQ.

nd1
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
not really a browns fans either but it's probably the best place for him.

GoshenGipper
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
jamal lewis just signed with the browns. you think they are going to take quinn.

It was only a 1yr deal though, but I still think they'll take Quinn if he's there.

Satans Little Helper
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
The Browns will not take Quinn. Romeo crennel has less than two years to get that program rolling right and he will not take a chance on another rookie QB.

BTW Jamaal is not the answer either. I would not be surprise to see them pick up peterson and have a thunder and lightning tandem.

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm strating to believe it may happen... what's more... Quinn has played it off fairly well but it has been easy to tell at times he WANTS to go to Cleveland...

Satans Little Helper
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm strating to believe it may happen... what's more... Quinn has played it off fairly well but it has been easy to tell at times he WANTS to go to Cleveland...

....sleight of hand my friend. Quinn does not control his destiny in the NFL draft. The teams do that. ( Leinart). I dont see Cleveland using a high pick on a QB this year. They may draft him and trade him to someone else trade their pick to another team most likely.

Zorro50
03-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Romeo can't afford to take BQ. If he doesn't start winning this year he is gone !

Satans Little Helper
03-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Romeo can't afford to take BQ. If he doesn't start winning this year he is gone !

exactomundo!

GoshenGipper
03-08-2007, 01:40 PM
But how much power does Romeo have over personel. Is he the GM and HC, or just the HC. It would be good from a business stand point if you look at the resulting ticket sales and merchandising boom from drafting a franchise QB from the "local" area that really want to play for that particular team.

Satans Little Helper
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
But how much power does Romeo have over personel. Is he the GM and HC, or just the HC. It would be good from a business stand point if you look at the resulting ticket sales and merchandising boom from drafting a franchise QB from the "local" area that really want to play for that particular team.

then why is romeo on the hotseat then? Would nt you as a GM know that bringing in a rookie QB and trying to win is giving up on the season. I would go WR or OL in the first two rounds if i were the browns. It does not make sense to me with Frye being there and being Romeos QB since day 1. I just dont think they are ready to give up on him yet.

Zorro50
03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm not a guru on the Browns isn't Phil Savage (??) the GM there ?? I just think that with todays NFL a new coach only has a small window to show results and so far RC hasn't got the job done. The Browns have been crap since they came back to Cleveland and winning will solve money issues (jersey sales, etc) better than any one player, even if he is a local.

If they were in their first year I could see BQ as part of the plan.

BQ will be better off.

HereComeTheIrish
03-08-2007, 07:58 PM

Agreed Gosh. This could be the boom that this team needs on the business side of things. TO$U fans probably won't like it too much considering that they think that Troy sMYTH is the second coming of "little 8 pound baby Jesus" and should be drafted #1 overall...and trust me...they believe that. I deal with these a-holes every day. But they're gonna have to get over that because A. Peterson ain't comin'.

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM
....sleight of hand my friend. Quinn does not control his destiny in the NFL draft. The teams do that. ( Leinart). I dont see Cleveland using a high pick on a QB this year. They may draft him and trade him to someone else trade their pick to another team most likely.

I do... suck it

HereComeTheIrish
03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
then why is romeo on the hotseat then? Would nt you as a GM know that bringing in a rookie QB and trying to win is giving up on the season. I would go WR or OL in the first two rounds if i were the browns. It does not make sense to me with Frye being there and being Romeos QB since day 1. I just dont think they are ready to give up on him yet.

You have officially proven your idiocy.

"I would go WR"...????
16 Cribbs, Joshua WR 6-1 192 06/09/1983 2 Kent State
17 Edwards, Braylon WR 6-3 212 02/21/1983 2 Michigan
84 Jurevicius, Joe WR 6-5 232 12/23/1974 9 Penn State
18 Mosley, Kendrick WR 6-2 207 07/21/1981 1 Western Michigan
83 Sanders, Steve WR 6-3 201 12/23/1982 R Bowling Green
81 Wilson, Travis WR 6-1 213 02/11/1984 R Oklahoma

The first one is an absolute gamebreaker with speed and Jurevicius is one of the best possession recievers in the game and Edwards is just now coming into his own...Let's go spend the #3 pick in the draft on another WR...GOOD CALL!!! Are sure your name isn't Matt Millen?

"It doesn't make sense to me with Frye being there and being Romeo's QB since day 1"...once again, you're wrong. He wasn't his choice from day one. When he was drafted, Kelly Holcomb was the starting qb when he came in...He didn't start til the middle of the season. But don't let facts get in the way of your statement.

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
You have officially proven your idiocy.

"I would go WR"...????
16 Cribbs, Joshua WR 6-1 192 06/09/1983 2 Kent State
17 Edwards, Braylon WR 6-3 212 02/21/1983 2 Michigan
84 Jurevicius, Joe WR 6-5 232 12/23/1974 9 Penn State
18 Mosley, Kendrick WR 6-2 207 07/21/1981 1 Western Michigan
83 Sanders, Steve WR 6-3 201 12/23/1982 R Bowling Green
81 Wilson, Travis WR 6-1 213 02/11/1984 R Oklahoma

The first one is an absolute gamebreaker with speed and Jurevicius is one of the best possession recievers in the game and Edwards is just now coming into his own...Let's go spend the #3 pick in the draft on another WR...GOOD CALL!!! Are sure your name isn't Matt Millen?

"It doesn't make sense to me with Frye being there and being Romeo's QB since day 1"...once again, you're wrong. He wasn't his choice from day one. When he was drafted, Kelly Holcomb was the starting qb when he came in...He didn't start til the middle of the season. But don't let facts get in the way of your statement.

I think "suck it" about covered it....:)

HereComeTheIrish
03-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Oh yeah...and another thing...

Suck it...

Courtesy of ACamp.

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah...and another thing...

Suck it...

Courtesy of ACamp.

Browns fans baby... we got to stick together!!!

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060907/060907_browns_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

HereComeTheIrish
03-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Amen...

Here we go Brownies...here we go...Woof, Woof...

IrishRamMan10
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Cmon Rams out with Bulger in with Quinn LOL... Thats completely logical right? Especially after Bulgers " Pro Bowl " season... I wish, ive never been a huge Bulger Fan

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Cmon Rams out with Bulger in with Quinn LOL... Thats completely logical right? Especially after Bulgers " Pro Bowl " season... I wish, ive never been a huge Bulger Fan

boy, did the mad genius Martz screw up a good thing in St. Louis....

RichardRiot
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM

I would think that if the Browns were not interested in drafting Brady this year, the owners would have found something better to do on Sunday then head to SB for BQ's Pro Day workout.

HereComeTheIrish
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I would think that if the Browns were not interested in drafting Brady this year, the owners would have found something better to do on Sunday then head to SB for BQ's Pro Day workout.

Trust me when I say that Brady IS their #1 target. Just trust me on that. Now that Jamal Lewis is in place, it's Brady or they'll trade out of the spot. ACamp can vouch for my source... :) Can't get much closer...

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 11:45 PM
My sources have also informed me "S.L. helper" is about to get banned...

HereComeTheIrish
03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
My sources have also informed me "S.L. helper" is about to get banned...

What happened...what did I miss? Other than his douche bag remarks in this thread.

IrishRamMan10
03-08-2007, 11:50 PM
boy, did the mad genius Martz screw up a good thing in St. Louis....

Mike Martz is a bum

ACamp1900
03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
What happened...what did I miss? Other than his douche bag remarks in this thread.

no missed nothing...

BRADY TO BROWNS!!!

HereComeTheIrish
03-09-2007, 12:18 AM
no missed nothing...

BRADY TO BROWNS!!!

Okie dokie...lmao, I found myself getting really pissed off by his comments too...I actually had 3 different posts ready to fire off and deleted them all. Was trying to be responsible, but not for much longer.

ACamp1900
03-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Okie dokie...lmao, I found myself getting really pissed off by his comments too...I actually had 3 different posts ready to fire off and deleted them all. Was trying to be responsible, but not for much longer.

I don't speak "spanglish"

jgrnd07
03-09-2007, 08:21 AM
OK this might sound nuts but I see the Bills moving up HIGH and taking Brady Quinn...they have enough draft picks to temp even Oakland and Detroit....all the dumb moves they have been making have to be for a reason right? Just heard this morning that Lewis only signed a (1) year deal so Peterson may still be a possibility...still hoping for Brady as a Browns fan!!!! BTW all my clear headed OSU friends would luv to have Brady...he is from Dublin so he is still a home town favorite here in Columbus!!!!

Newc
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
OK this might sound nuts but I see the Bills moving up HIGH and taking Brady Quinn...they have enough draft picks to temp even Oakland and Detroit....all the dumb moves they have been making have to be for a reason right? Just heard this morning that Lewis only signed a (1) year deal so Peterson may still be a possibility...still hoping for Brady as a Browns fan!!!! BTW all my clear headed OSU friends would luv to have Brady...he is from Dublin so he is still a home town favorite here in Columbus!!!!

However, the browns are now shopping Droughns, so with Lewis only with a one year deal its looks more and more like the browns are positioned to take Peterson.

ACamp1900
04-29-2007, 09:56 PM

sux to be you man ramed

HereComeTheIrish
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
sux to be you man ramed

LOL...yeah, their loss is our gain, Baby! Loving life right now!

IrishGirl10
04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Cleveland has update their site...I am happy Brady got to be # 10.

I would love to have a picture off Cleveland's site..but I don't have how to save it, because it won't let me..I would love to have the picture of Brady holding up the #10 Browns jersey..anyone know where I can find it..

ACamp1900
04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
The Browns will not take Quinn. Romeo crennel has less than two years to get that program rolling right and he will not take a chance on another rookie QB.

BTW Jamaal is not the answer either. I would not be surprise to see them pick up peterson and have a thunder and lightning tandem.

ASS. HAT.

HereComeTheIrish
04-29-2007, 10:28 PM
ASS. HAT.

LMAO...

Preach it brotha...

Preach it...

irish0307
05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Browns are back in business soon...

ACamp1900
05-10-2007, 10:28 PM