PDA

View Full Version : NBA Dunk Contest

celtic745
02-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Anyone else watch it? I'm a celtics fan so i wanted to see my man Gerald Green compete. I thought it was okay, but I still really think the dunk contest is loosing steam. People are just running out of ideas I guess. That Dwight Howard dunk with the sticker was pretty creative, and it seemed to me to be a good way to try to take advantage of the fact that he was 6'11.

What did you guys think about it?

Junkhead
02-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I didn't watch it this year. There are only so many dunks you can do, I guess that's why its lost steam. 3pt contest was ok, Dirk sucked in the final round though! The dunk contest had to be better than a fat Barkley racing a senior citizen, that was sad.

tommy
02-18-2007, 02:37 PM
If the top dunkers were in it I would have watched it . nothing like the old days when the dunk contest ment something no matter if you seen the dunk before or not .

tommy
02-18-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj4WUzpJblM

celtic745
02-18-2007, 04:27 PM
If the top dunkers were in it I would have watched it . nothing like the old days when the dunk contest ment something no matter if you seen the dunk before or not .

thats true...all the high profile dunkers these days don't want to risk getting hurt or whatever. I don't understand why someone like lebron james hasn't participated in a dunk contest yet

brownkj002
02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
thats true...all the high profile dunkers these days don't want to risk getting hurt or whatever. I don't understand why someone like lebron james hasn't participated in a dunk contest yet

As you know (Celtics fan here) that Gerald Green is by far one of the best dunkers in the game. He can do those types of dunks in games. It's just that he doesn't have the all around game yet to be acknowledged as a great dunker. Once he gets better everyone will start to catch on. As far as LJ, he is too big time and the big time players don't want to do it anymore which is sad. The last big time player I remember doing it was Vince Carter.

Junkhead
02-21-2007, 08:59 AM
They're all so wealthy, they don't care. Like how a few of them were loafing around during the skills contest. Why bother?

tgolden
03-03-2007, 01:22 AM
too bad howard didn't advance. this is what he was gonna try to pull off in the finals.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the all star game stuff, but I am amazed by some of these guys' abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5_jGvyVvo