PDA

View Full Version : Official AL East Thread

Stalking_Eagle
01-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Who here is a Baltimore fan???!!!! :clap:

I think we will make the playoffs this year!!!!!!

nd1
01-23-2007, 09:00 AM

thats pretty funny.

ACamp1900
01-23-2007, 02:43 PM

:krazy:

not that they are in no way a playoff team, maybe in the NL central or NL west, but come on in the east????....

:krazy:

Stalking_Eagle
01-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think the Yankees or Red Sox are going to be that wonderful this year. I think they really have a shot with their new bullpen and they got a little power with the bats with Huff.

jboxer562
01-23-2007, 05:30 PM
lol tahts a joke right??? naaa im not trying to be an ass hole but Baltimore just has no pitching. Yankees take the east... Tigers in the central..... Angels in the west.... Either Twins or A's take the wild card... Baltimore is going to finish fourth in the division ahead of only Tampa Bay

Leafs
01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Jays will win the east, you heard it here first.

jboxer562
01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
yeah okay lol... lyle overbay is so overrated, and aj burnett has to finish the season injury free for me to jump on your bandwagon

jboxer562
01-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Vernon Wells, Alex Rios, and Roy Halladay are the only legit players on that team

Steve
01-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm an O's fan! I'm predicting a good season by Daniel Cabrera. He's struggled with his control, but at the end of last season, he started wearing glasses that corrected his vision and helped him see the zone. I mean, you can't throw at something that you can't see. They revamped their bullpen and Bedard is a solid pitcher. Nick Markakis is gonna be a stud, too.

SillyIrish
01-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Yankees will take the east again.

SillyIrish
01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Well 2B for the Yankees Robinson Cano has switched his number from 22 to 24 just in case Roger Clemens signs with the team.

nd1
01-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Well 2B for the Yankees Robinson Cano has switched his number from 22 to 24 just in case Roger Clemens signs with the team.

heard about it yesterday. I really thought the dude that said the o''s were going to win divsion was really joking but he's serious. it will be the yanks, blus jays, red sox, tb, then the o's. maybe you could switch the last two but it really doesn't matter. here's to yanks winning it all in 2007.

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
amen!!!.... and the best part is that cano is switching his number to give us a reminder of TINO!!!!!

nd1
01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
hey boxer or silly. do either one of you know where bubba crosby sign. I thought I saw some where he signed but can't remember to who. wish he would of stayed but can't blame him.

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
ya he signed with the Reds

SillyIrish
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
I liked Bubba to, but with Melky having the year he did he became expendable.

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
What's going to be the opening day lineup?? Here's what I say

C- Jorge Posada
1B- Jason Giambi
2B- Robinson Cano
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- DEREK JETER
CF- Johnny Damon
LF- Hideki Matsui
RF- Bobby Abreu
DH- Melky????

Maybe switch Melkey and Matsui or Melky and Abreu

Pitching Rotation

C. Wang
M. Mussina
Igawa
R. Clemens
Carstens???

nd1
01-24-2007, 04:21 PM
What's going to be the opening day lineup?? Here's what I say

C- Jorge Posada
1B- Jason Giambi
2B- Robinson Cano
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- DEREK JETER
CF- Johnny Damon
LF- Hideki Matsui
RF- Bobby Abreu
DH- Melky????

Maybe switch Melkey and Matsui or Melky and Abreu

Pitching Rotation

C. Wang
M. Mussina
Igawa
R. Clemens
Carstens???

starting line up will probably be
damon-cf
jeter-ss
abreu- rf
arod-3rd
giambi-1st
mastsui-dh
jorge-c
cani-2nd
melky-lf

I think you will see melky play all three outfield postions next year. kind of a rotation thing.
remember clemens isn't going to make a decision until after spring training.if he comes who gooing to be fifth starter until he arrives. Thinnk the kid we got from detroit in the sheff deal will get a shot.

SillyIrish
01-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree with the starting line up but I think you'll see Giambi DH more this year with Doug M. (cant remember the spelling) playing more D and hitting ninth. Melky will play a platoon roll in the outfield when a guy needs a day off and when Giambi plays the field. Melky will definatetly get around 400 bats this season though.

Starting Rotation
Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Igawa
Sanchez

Plus I know its easy to forget about the bum but maybe Pavano can actually stay healthy this year. I know its a long shot though.

nd1
01-24-2007, 04:54 PM
pavano isn't worth a damn. he will hurt something else or have another setback. I'm just glad this the last year we have to worry about him. probably been the worst signing in some years now. At least jaret would go out and pitch. It may have not been that good but atleast he went out tried.I actually think he might have a good year being back leo. He did his best pitching with him as a brave. how about kasterns(think it spelled right). is he going to the pen or what. he did a ok job last year.

ojo_223
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
The Yankees will probably win. The Sox should finish second (again). But, I hope not. I think the starting rotation is going to be great and the lineup will put up runs, but the bullpen is terrible. Here's hoping though. Go Sox!!!!!!!

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
red sox suck... pavano would make a better fit for the red sox... bitches fit in there

ex: alan embree and mark bellhorn... they didnt last too long in NY

ojo_223
01-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Whatever. You can keep Pavano, thank you.

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 09:38 PM
name on **** on the Yankees except for A-Rod

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 09:38 PM
lol didn't think so... and dont say jeter casue he has more balls than the whole red sox team combined.. i dont see any of ur guys diving into teh stands for their team

ojo_223
01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Define bitch. I wouldn't say that Jeter has more heart than Schilling, and Varitek for that matter. Manny won't be taking any dives into the stands, you are right there. Varitek would.

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 09:44 PM
ya Varitek would.. but hes too busy batting .240... and Schilling would break a leg doing that cause he's about 90 years old

ojo_223
01-24-2007, 09:47 PM
So is Mussina, but he is still a good pitcher. And Clemens.

jboxer562
01-24-2007, 09:51 PM
true.... alright take Schilling out of there, hes a winner.... but Varitek is on the decline unless he goes on the juice like Giambi and Sheff

ojo_223
01-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't care if Varitek bats .200, he's a gamer and a great catcher. You don't need bashers 1-9 to win a World Series. The Yankees have tried that and how many championships do they have the last five years? When they put a TEAM back together like they had in the late 90s they will win again.

nd1
01-25-2007, 08:22 AM
you made a good point about not needing bashers in every lineup spot. I think the yanks are doing a great job at building thier farm system. I mean look at all the young players we got in the trades this off season.

Stalking_Eagle
01-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Ok this is the second one I have made please don't delete Mods.

So Baltimore is looking pretty good to win the AL outright this year. Any other O's fans here?

nd1
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
why would d
they delete it. makes no sense.

anyway the o's will be better than last year but still not very good.hope jaret does a good job until they yanks face him.

Steve
01-25-2007, 11:45 AM
like i said before. daniel cabrera is gonna have an 18-20 win season. he can actually see the strike zone now. go O's!

ndirish302000
01-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Any other D-Rays fans here? we might actually get to 70 wins this year... hopefully.

nd1
01-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Any other D-Rays fans here? we might actually get to 70 wins this year... hopefully.

did they get any pitching in the off season. didn't really follow it too close. Just seen what yanks did. If they got any pitching at all they will win more games than they did last year. Always thought if they could get some pitching they will have a good team, because they have the young talent in the field.

Stalking_Eagle
01-25-2007, 01:32 PM
I was kinda kidding about winning the division but I could def see better than last year. They will be better than .500 I believe.

nd1
01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I kind of thoughtr your were kidding.they should be better with having time to work with the pitchers.That one kid yall have nick m. is pretty good. he should be a good player for years to come.

LuckoftheIrish86
01-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Baltimore? please.

The Toronto Blue Jays have got the AL East wrapped up this year!

ni3+
01-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Baltimore???

Are you serious???

The Yankees themselves, with the addition(s) of Doug Mientkwicz at first base to allow Jason Giambi to full-time DH, and Andy Pettite (and 33% likely Roger "the Rocket" Clemens), and Kei Igawa, could beat the NL All-Star team most days and i am willing to bet over an entire series.

Now, barring injuries (although that didn't seem to slow them down much last year, playoffs excluded) I don't see any AL East team beating them over a whole season.

The playoffs, on the other hand, they seem to struggle with.

nd1
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Baltimore???

Are you serious???

The Yankees themselves, with the addition(s) of Doug Mientkwicz at first base to allow Jason Giambi to full-time DH, and Andy Pettite (and 33% likely Roger "the Rocket" Clemens), and Kei Igawa, could beat the NL All-Star team most days and i am willing to bet over an entire series.

Now, barring injuries (although that didn't seem to slow them down much last year, playoffs excluded) I don't see any AL East team beating them over a whole season.

The playoffs, on the other hand, they seem to struggle with.

I agree that the yanks will win the al east. It's hard to beat them in a 162 games but in the playoffs they really hadn't played to good the last couple of years. I like the young players the have and are putting together in the farm system.

SillyIrish
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
What the hell happened to the last thread?

SillyIrish
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
The yankees won those world series with dominating pitching, something the Yanks have been lacking in recent years in the post season.

nd1
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
long story but it got deleted.

ojo_223
01-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree. I think Cashman (what a great name for a Yankee GM, by the way) is finally starting to get more role players and improve the team chemistry. It worked before, and no matter how much I can't stand the Yankee$, Joe Torre is a great and classy manager. Still, it will come down between the Sox and Yankees again, but based on the bullpens the Yanks have the advantage.

SillyIrish
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Nevermind but it looks like its back.

nd1
01-25-2007, 05:08 PM
ypu know it going to come down to them two and wouldn't have it any other way. I agree I love what cash is doing mixing in the young player with some vets, but silly said it best. when the yanks won those titles it was the pitching and good defence that won them.

ojo_223
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Need to join these two or I'm going to get dizzy going back and forth.

celtic745
01-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I agree. I think Cashman (what a great name for a Yankee GM, by the way) is finally starting to get more role players and improve the team chemistry. It worked before, and no matter how much I can't stand the Yankee$, Joe Torre is a great and classy manager. Still, it will come down between the Sox and Yankees again, but based on the bullpens the Yanks have the advantage.

Can't stand the yankees. I'm a redsox fan myself. I think the Red Sox starting rotation looks teriffic...but, we said that last year, and then they traded Bronson Arroyo and the whole rotation struggled. I'd bet that Beckett, and Coco Crisp improve from last year. I think coco's little finger ingury really limited him. It's sad to see Trot NIxon go but, HOPEFULLY, JD Drew will live up to something. He just better not get hurt with the money he's getting. ( I hear they're finalizing the JD deal tommorow. Either that, or thats when it will be announced )

Ah well, I respect Joe Torre I guess. His eye lids still always look as dark and scary as hell.
I love football, and I'll miss the pats and ND football, but I can't wait untill baseball season. Because, with Baseball comes spring and summer! And a new hope.

ojo_223
01-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Bout time another BoSox fan showed up. Here's a little gift for ya! Drew scares me to be honest. I think we gave him WAY too much. I thought Willy Mo would've been okay in right, but hopefully drew will prove me wrong. Living here in AZ, I think that the D'backs have the better Drew.

nd1
01-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Can't stand the yankees. I'm a redsox fan myself. I think the Red Sox starting rotation looks teriffic...but, we said that last year, and then they traded Bronson Arroyo and the whole rotation struggled. I'd bet that Beckett, and Coco Crisp improve from last year. I think coco's little finger ingury really limited him. It's sad to see Trot NIxon go but, HOPEFULLY, JD Drew will live up to something. He just better not get hurt with the money he's getting. ( I hear they're finalizing the JD deal tommorow. Either that, or thats when it will be announced )

Ah well, I respect Joe Torre I guess. His eye lids still always look as dark and scary as hell.
I love football, and I'll miss the pats and ND football, but I can't wait untill baseball season. Because, with Baseball comes spring and summer! And a new hope.

I really dislike the red sock too. especially curt s.. Beckett is terrible and I don't look for him to do any better. Look at the track record for these nl pitchers coming to the al. they just aren't same. the lineups in al are too deep and powerful for these fastball pitchers. I'm glad andy came back to where he belongs and if clemens comes back to the rotation the yankees would have would be great.the bullpen looks good and the lineup is alway good. here's to another divsion title and hopefully to another world title.

celtic745
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Bout time another BoSox fan showed up. Here's a little gift for ya! Drew scares me to be honest. I think we gave him WAY too much. I thought Willy Mo would've been okay in right, but hopefully drew will prove me wrong. Living here in AZ, I think that the D'backs have the better Drew.

I can't help but agree. I'd rather still have dirt dog trot nixon than likely overpaid jd drew. But, still, in theo i trust.

SillyIrish
01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
JD is a good pickup for the Sox but I have my doubts if he can stay healthy and obviously the Sox do with them reworking the contract after he failed his physical.

celtic745
01-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone else hearing about these talks about the Red Sox going after Todd Helton? I can't imagine them being that interested, and that the rockies just want to unload his contract.

ojo_223
01-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I dunno that left handed swing could be resurrected in Fenway. (he's only 33) Sox need a good 1B. I kinda like it.

celtic745
01-28-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm a little unsure about what we'd have to give up to get him though. I mean, Youkilis is a solid enough first basemen, I think.

SillyIrish
01-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I think Helton is on the decline although he does put some good numbers up still. But what you have to factor in is he only had 20 and 15 homers the last two years and thats playing in Colorado.

jboxer562
01-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACamp1900
01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Anyone else hearing about these talks about the Red Sox going after Todd Helton? I can't imagine them being that interested, and that the rockies just want to unload his contract.

On MLB Live today on XM they said the talks are getting REAL serious... too bad, the Angels had a deal during the winter meetings all but done and Helton wouldn't drop the trade clause... I like Helton too, now I'll have to grow a healthy hate for him, the Red Sox and most things Boston can suk my balls...

ACamp1900
01-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's been hurt... and those gold gloves have a lot to do with steriods don't they?

jboxer562
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Honestly, I bet you everyone is on steriods in the MLB (obviosly im being sarcastic) except for Chone Figgins, David Eckstein, Juanne Pierre, and Endy Chavez.... then again Alex Sanchez was on steroids lol..... the whole sports nations are falling apart

ACamp1900
01-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Honestly, I bet you everyone is on steriods in the MLB (obviosly im being sarcastic) except for Chone Figgins, David Eckstein, Juanne Pierre, and Endy Chavez.... then again Alex Sanchez was on steroids lol..... the whole sports nations are falling apart

I'll just say this, I'm good friends with Justin Vargas (went to school with him and played ball with him until I hung it up, I was stupid) and even better friends with his father... He told me about a month ago that during his time with the Marlins he has seen exactly ZERO roid or hgh use... or anything to even make him think there was... Interested to see what he says about the Mets now that he's been traded...

btw, you should hear his thoughts on the whole Joe Girardi thing...

jboxer562
01-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Joe Girardi... ex Yankee

ACamp1900
01-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Joe Girardi... ex Yankee

current broadcaster...lol

ACamp1900
01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
btw, Chone used to eject Eckstien before every night game... helped Eck get more backspin on his bunts...

jboxer562
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
...cricket....cricket....cricket....cricket....... lol j/p i love u man

ACamp1900
01-28-2007, 08:42 PM
lol... nothing wrong with stepping up to the plate and striking out every once in a while.... espec. with all those bombs I jack out of the park from time to time...:wink:

jiggafini19
02-22-2007, 08:53 AM

Scott Podsednik and Darin Erstad.

I like Toronto's chances to sneak into the race here.

Stalking_Eagle
03-03-2007, 05:52 AM
O's split with the Marlins. Lost the one game on a 2-run HR off a reliever. Some things obviously haven't changed. :geeza2:

notredomer23
03-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Anybody Know who the Yankees play today? So far we are 2-0 in spring training.

SillyIrish
03-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Anybody Know who the Yankees play today? So far we are 2-0 in spring training.

They are playing the Pirates today, I don't really get into spring training until maybe the last two weeks.

IRISHDODGER
03-03-2007, 10:30 PM
red sox suck... pavano would make a better fit for the red sox... bitches fit in there

ex: alan embree and mark bellhorn... they didnt last too long in NY

Yeah, but what would the Yanks have done in 1978 w/o Mike Torrez (freshly acquired from the BoSox)?

IRISHDODGER
03-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Damn, the Yankee fans have obviously hijacked this site, not that I care. The Orioles have the worst owner in MLB, IMO. Peter Angelos is a certified commie trial lawyer.

Stalking_Eagle
03-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Damn, the Yankee fans have obviously hijacked this site, not that I care. The Orioles have the worst owner in MLB, IMO. Peter Angelos is a certified commie trial lawyer.

I agree, that MF would trade up B-Roberts for I forget who it was, someone much better because B-Rob was his favorite. This guy is a total F'in joke. I wish he would just sell the team to Iron Man Cal. All Angelos cares about is how the ballpark looks.

jiggafini19
03-09-2007, 03:02 PM
The Orioles have the worst owner in MLB, IMO. Peter Angelos is a certified commie trial lawyer.

Maybe not the worst, but he's right up there.

That team is terribly mismanaged.