PDA

View Full Version : Official NL Central Thread

GoshenGipper
01-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Who cares about the AL? GO CUBS!

Now let's see if some of that big spending will actually help. I still think they will need some more quality starting pitching if they really want to challenge for anything. I'm just really glad they managed to re-sign Aramis Ramirez and keep him away from the Angels.

dyrtdogg
01-15-2007, 10:29 PM
In the face of this, I suppose I'm obligated to throw in the name of my Saint Loooooie Cards aka the team that will lose the Series to the Tigers in three games.

dudexcore
01-15-2007, 10:31 PM
any news on how prior and wood are? i mean, do they still have arms?

GoshenGipper
02-18-2007, 08:21 AM
any news on how prior and wood are? i mean, do they still have arms?

Lou Pinella keeps talking about what a great pitching staff the Cubs will have if Prior and Wood stay healthy, which he thinks they will. On another note Wood hurt his chest getting out of a hot tub the other day. :sigh:

Here we go again. :cry:

leprechaun4life
02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
How, in God's good name, do you hurt your chest getting out of a hot tub? That's worse than Liriano hurting his elbow playing Guitar Hero.

GoshenGipper
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
How, in God's good name, do you hurt your chest getting out of a hot tub? That's worse than Liriano hurting his elbow playing Guitar Hero.

The floor was wet, and his hand slipped when he tried to push him self up, and his chest hit the lip of the hot tub/floor. It's just supposed to be a bad bruise, but still...

nd1
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
The floor was wet, and his hand slipped when he tried to push him self up, and his chest hit the lip of the hot tub/floor. It's just supposed to be a bad bruise, but still...

sounds like carl p. for the yankees. anything that can happen to him and will happen. I wish the cubs good luck until they meet the yankes.

jiggafini19
02-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Pinella has done nothing but gush about his team.

I'm still trying to figure out if he knows where the hell he is.

Why is Jacque Jones still on this team?

GoshenGipper
02-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Pinella has done nothing but gush about his team.

I'm still trying to figure out if he knows where the hell he is.

Why is Jacque Jones still on this team?

Who knows? I never really wanted him on the Cubs in the first place. Last I heard Soriano was probably going to play RF, so does that mean JJ will be comming of the becch or will he play LF, and who is going to be the everyday CF? :sigh:

jiggafini19
02-28-2007, 01:53 PM
They have Soriano in CF.

Floyd in LF, Jones in RF.

I'd take Matt Murton on the White Sox in LF at the drop of a hat.

stonebreakerwasgod
03-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Go cubs?? You'll be begging to have Sosa back b4 it gets hot in Southbend. :)

Go Reds!! LOL