PDA

View Full Version : Official AL Central Thread

brownkj002
01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Since I could care less about the West, I figured I'd start the AL Central thread. It's going to be very competitive again. Go WSox.

IrishRamMan10
01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Id put money on the Twins

ACamp1900
01-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Very good race here... Cleveland should rebound but I'm not sure about the depth in the bullpen... and the defense...

Chicago has the staff but it was indeed brought back to earth last year... great staff but not world beaters... NICE team... wish we had held on the Jenks...

Detriot... I have been on that train for about three years now... yep I'm serious... I expect more of the same we saw last year...

Minn... Losing Fra Lo hurts bad... but they still have a solid team...

This will be a good race, not sure where to go here yet... I have to see what happens in spring training and I might jsut say the team that stays healthy (ist) in the rotation will prob take the div.

ACamp1900
01-14-2007, 10:44 PM
IF I had to bet NOW... I'd take Chicago, with a lot of thought put Detriot's way

ShivaIrish
01-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Of course, I'm partial to the Twinkies, but the Central may be the toughest in baseball again next year.

ACamp1900
01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Of course, I'm partial to the Twinkies, but the Central may be the toughest in baseball again next year.

The hardest to WIN will be the East... but it's top heavy... best may very well be the Cent. from top to bottom

brownkj002
01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Here's how I hope it shakes out.

1. Sox
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. Indians
5. Royals

I think the Indians screw up again and have another disappointing season. It's anyones to lose out of the top 3. All three should win around 90 games. Hopefully, my Sox can pull it off.

ACamp1900
01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
KC has a lovely Ballpark shame about their situation right now

HereComeTheIrish
01-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Here's how I hope it shakes out.

1. Sox
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. Indians
5. Royals

I think the Indians screw up again and have another disappointing season. It's anyones to lose out of the top 3. All three should win around 90 games. Hopefully, my Sox can pull it off.

1. Indians
2. Twins
3. Sox
4. Tigers
5. Royals

I think with the recent upgrades to the pen, the Tribe will be right there with the big boys again. The Twins will be steady and the Sox are due for a fall.

Iron Machine
01-15-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't think we'll win the Central, but second place and a chance of a wildcard would satisfy me. The team is really young and willget better, plus the Pronk will lead the AL in HR's this year.

1. Twins
2. Indians
3. Chi Sox
4. Tigers
5. Royals

Those are my predictions

ACamp1900
01-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't think we'll win the Central, but second place and a chance of a wildcard would satisfy me. The team is really young and willget better, plus the Pronk will lead the AL in HR's this year.

1. Twins
2. Indians
3. Chi Sox
4. Tigers
5. Royals

Those are my predictions

Isn't it "Dronk"

Iron Machine
01-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Nope, its Pronk i don't remember why he is called that, but i'll find an article and post it if i can.

HereComeTheIrish
01-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Isn't it "Dronk"

PRONK...

Half Project...
Half Donkey...

Take that for what it's worth...

:clap:

ACamp1900
01-15-2007, 12:25 AM
PRONK...

Half Project...
Half Donkey...

Take that for what it's worth...

:clap:

yeah I know the story... could have sworn it was Dronk... you guys ever had the candy bar?? anyway on his note... I love the new soft spoken down to earth superstars in Baseball right now..

Vladdy
Pronk
David Wright
Ryan Howard
Albert Pujols and so the list goes on

Iron Machine
01-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Vladdy is sick, I used to watch him when he palyed here where i live, in Montreal for the Expos. He's such a well rounded player, Good Hitter, pretty fast, and a fucking Canon Arm. That arm can throw you out from the fence. The only thing I could never understand with him, is why he couldn't and still can't speak english?

ACamp1900
01-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Vladdy is sick, I used to watch him when he palyed here where i live, in Montreal for the Expos. He's such a well rounded player, Good Hitter, pretty fast, and a fucking Canon Arm. That arm can throw you out from the fence. The only thing I could never understand with him, is why he couldn't and still can't speak english?

well when he was in Monty there were two languages to learn correct? and now he gives the Ichiro excuse, he speaks it well, I have heard him speak English and it's rough but very clear, but he doesn't want to have anything lost in translation in the media and possibly get bad press, I've heard Vlad is SUPER sensitive... I get the feeling that his agent may be an influence in this decision as well..

HereComeTheIrish
01-15-2007, 12:43 AM
well when he was in Monty there were two languages to learn correct? and now he gives the Ichiro excuse, he speaks it well, I have heard him speak English and it's rough but very clear, but he doesn't want to have anything lost in translation in the media and possibly get bad press, I've heard Vlad is SUPER sensitive... I get the feeling that his agent may be an influence in this decision as well..

All that being said...dude swings a monster stick. I've never seen a men so able to command a strike zone which stretches from his nose to his shoe tops. Doesn't matter where it's at, he putting good wood on it. He's amazing.

ACamp1900
01-15-2007, 01:45 AM
All that being said...dude swings a monster stick. I've never seen a men so able to command a strike zone which stretches from his nose to his shoe tops. Doesn't matter where it's at, he putting good wood on it. He's amazing.

after watching him every day the last three years I have to say he gets better pop when the ball is in the dirt around the inside of the plate then he does when the ball is hanging right in the zone... he's a freak no doubt

ACamp1900
01-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Like how this AL Central thread has turned into yet another Al West thread?

Ya'll just been punk'd.... lol

Iron Machine
01-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Damn you Westerners always trying to turn everything to your cause.

jiggafini19
02-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Royals: Still Suck.

Indians: If some of these bullpen moves work out, watch it. You know they'll score runs. Can they prevent them? Stay tuned. Very deep minor league system.

Twins: Santana, four turds and an awesome bullpen. I think it is time for them to get Jason Kubel into the mix.

Tigers: See 2006 White Sox. Those arms will be tired, especially Kenny "Caca Hands" Rogers. I'm not sure Gary Sheffield is the answer to their hitting woes.

White Sox: Outfield is a disaster. Jermaine Dye and no one else. Toby Hall is a big pickup at catcher. Bullpen should be very solid. Watch out for Nick Masset. Ken Williams stole him from Texas. The starters need to rebound from last year.

nd1
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
I'll take the indians in this race.

jiggafini19
02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I'll take the indians in this race.

I thought they'd crush people last year and they did....on offense.

Hafner is in the best shape of his life. The guy is a White Sox killer. I don't know that they have the pitching to get a Division Championship done, but they should contend for the playoffs in some capacity.

This one is wide open. Four pretty good teams, but Minnesota will need production out of any starters not named Johan Santana.

irishlaw77
04-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Twins off to a great start--only counts for half because it was only against the Orioles. Decent first starts out of the 2nd and 3rd starters. Anything Silva or Ponson can do this year is a bonus.