PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Season...

ACamp1900
11-26-2006, 01:29 PM
About this time every year I begin jonesing for baseball... Hot stove and all...

Does the sports book run during baseball season... or is it just a football thing?

Stalking_Eagle
11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Nope I'm getting fired up for opening day also. I don't know how I continue to keep hope being an Orioles fan but I still enjoy the games and season. I hope they put up some what more of a fight this year. It's so hard when you have an owner like we do that doens't want to spend money and we have to keep up with the BoSox and Yankees.

scooper
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
....is the longest and most boring season of the entire sporting year.

Stalking_Eagle
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Don't you have a favorite team? I guess it helps that I live 3 blocks from the stadium and the O's are never sold out so if I'm bored I just walk down and pick up a $9 tix.

pappy
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM
When I first read this, I thought baseball? Already? Then, it hit me. Way back when, it would be preseason conditioning right now. Man, I miss those days. Favorite team, yup, I'm a sucker...Go Cubs!!

Stalking_Eagle
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
When I first read this, I thought baseball? Already? Then, it hit me. Way back when, it would be preseason conditioning right now. Man, I miss those days. Favorite team, yup, I'm a sucker...Go Cubs!!
oh man you are basically in the same boat as myself.

scooper
11-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Don't you have a favorite team? I guess it helps that I live 3 blocks from the stadium and the O's are never sold out so if I'm bored I just walk down and pick up a $9 tix. I root for the Reds, being a hometown team. But I don't live or die with them like I do with football.

pappy
11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I root for the Reds, being a hometown team. But I don't live or die with them like I do with football.

I'm glad I DON'T die with the Cubbies, or I'd be a walking corpse! Of course, I've still got most of the college b-ball season to go. Well, at least until IU plays Duke tomorrow, then we'll see what is left

SillyIrish
11-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm a Yankee fan and I know I'll catch flak for it, but I will say I have been to Camden Yards a few times and it is a really nice stadium. You cant beat a day at the Inner Harbor and then a ball game. Definately a different place than the Bronx.

guff
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Let's Go Mets! But WTF? Why in the name of Wally Backman did you sign Moises Alou? Just traded on brokedown old left fiedler (Cliff Floyd) for another?

SillyIrish
11-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Heard on the radio earlier I believe from Buster Olney that Manny might be traded by this Saturday. Word is the Giants might be a player and if true where does that leave Bonds.

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=SillyIrish;90157]I'm a Yankee fan and I know I'll catch flak for it...QUOTE]

As long as you guys beat the Red Sox you'll never catch flak from me...

But, Bring on the Ralley Monkey!!!

scooper
11-27-2006, 09:43 PM
You see? All of this is greek to me.

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
You see? All of this is greek to me.

You're a Bengals fan... I would not expect someone of your "intellect" to understand the intricacies of the great American past time

scooper
11-27-2006, 09:55 PM
You're a Bengals fan... I would not expect someone of your "intellect" to understand the intricacies of the great American past timeLike it or not, football has become the great American past time. The numbers don't lie.

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Like it or not, football has become the great American past time. The numbers don't lie.

exactly, they don't MANY MANY more people watch baseball every year and or SPEAD MORE TIME involved in baseball... not even close...

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
BTW, I played against your boy TJ Housmanzahdah in high school...

he's a bitch.... and tall

scooper
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
exactly, they don't MANY MANY more people watch baseball every year and or SPEAD MORE TIME involved in baseball... not even close...In the stadiums yes. A 160 something game season as opposed to 16 will do that for you. But on TV, football ratings far far far outperform baseball ratings. And the NFL is significantly more profitable.

scooper
11-27-2006, 10:02 PM
BTW, I played against your boy TJ Housmanzahdah in high school...

he's a bitch.... and tallImagine my shock when following the Fiasco Bowl, the Bengals drafted Chad Johnson and TJ Whosyourdaddy from Oregon St. But, if I can root for Carson Palmer, I can root for anybody. Business is business.

The best I played against in high school was Big Daddy Wilkinson. He was fat.

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:03 PM
In the stadiums yes. A 160 something game season as opposed to 16 will do that for you. But on TV, football ratings far far far outperform baseball ratings. And the NFL is significantly more profitable.

because it's more of an event... if you don't watch it now you won't see it for another seven days...

with baseball, it's every day... too much, "eh, I'll watch tomorrow..."

but the amount of youth leagues, teams (pro and oterhwise far outnumber football)... the NFL is better run.... that doesn't make the GAME of football the american past time... it's a great american game but baseball is and forever will be the amercian past time

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Imagine my shock when following the Fiasco Bowl, the Bengals drafted Chad Johnson and TJ Whosyourdaddy from Oregon St. But, if I can root for Carson Palmer, I can root for anybody. Business is business.

The best I played against in high school was Big Daddy Wilkinson. He was fat.

LOL!

scooper
11-27-2006, 10:08 PM
because it's more of an event... if you don't watch it now you won't see it for another seven days...

with baseball, it's every day... too much, "eh, I'll watch tomorrow..."

but the amount of youth leagues, teams (pro and oterhwise far outnumber football)... the NFL is better run.... that doesn't make the GAME of football the american past time... it's a great american game but baseball is and forever will be the amercian past time
No it's not. It's dying. Young kids today relate much more with football. They don't play baseball like they used to. It's a gentrified sport. Football has passed it in popularity. And it's not just because of the event.

The leagues themselves are night and day. The NFL is a much better run league.

scooper
11-27-2006, 10:09 PM
LOL!It was like running into a brick wall-coated in jello. He didn't move, but there was a splat.

We beat them 52-0.

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
No it's not. It's dying. Young kids today relate much more with football. They don't play baseball like they used to. It's a gentrified sport. Football has passed it in popularity. And it's not just because of the event.

sounds like you are having trouble sleeping at night?????

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
It was like running into a brick wall-coated in jello. He didn't move, but there was a splat.

We beat them 52-0.

LMAO!!! For what's it's worth we beat TJ too, in OT... he went to my school's biggest rival and he was a senior my freshman year... played him once beat him once... played DB and manned him up a few times... and believe me, if it weren't for that horrible coaching call, we'd have won by a lot more...

scooper
11-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Did he have the hair then?

He is actually one of my favorites on the team. He's a tough guy, a real competitor. He catches just about everything.

scooper
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
sounds like you are having trouble sleeping at night?????
Please leave my medical problems out of this.

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Did he have the hair then?

He is actually one of my favorites on the team. He's a tough guy, a real competitor. He catches just about everything.

Can't remember really... I Don't believe he did, in fact I think he had a completely shaved head... but to be honest there was not a "he's going D-1!!" buzz about him to make me key on him on and off the field... so i don't remember that much about him personally other than thinking he was pretty damn tall and really physical...

ACamp1900
11-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Please leave my medical problems out of this.

Okay, but from a friend... acceptance is the first step to recovery

Stalking_Eagle
11-28-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm a Yankee fan and I know I'll catch flak for it, but I will say I have been to Camden Yards a few times and it is a really nice stadium. You cant beat a day at the Inner Harbor and then a ball game. Definately a different place than the Bronx.
Baltimore has really done a nice job cleaning up the inner harbor area and camden yards is a great park. Sucks that the rest of the city is a complete shit hole. My apartment is 3 blocks from the stadium and i actually look down into ravens stadium. It's cool to be around the stadiums when its game day/nights. Maybe sometime if you are ever down for a yankees game or something we can catch a brew.

Kids today don't have the attention span to watch baseball on tv, there isn't the action that football has. I think as kids get old they tend to apprciate baseball more and more and take the time to watch the games and understand the feeling of taking the family to the ballpark for an afternoon to have dogs/peanuts etc.

Can't remember really... I Don't believe he did, in fact I think he had a completely shaved head... but to be honest there was not a "he's going D-1!!" buzz about him to make me key on him on and off the field... so i don't remember that much about him personally other than thinking he was pretty damn tall and really physical...
What NFL team do you play for?

ACamp1900
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
What NFL team do you play for?

Was I bad mouthing him???