Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cali_domer
John 3:16

Cash: 73,345.29
Bank: 10,973,570,590.15
Total Bankroll: 10,973,643,935.43
Donate
Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Dodgers Indiana Pacers Los Angeles Kings Notre Dame Liverpool USA

Ray Lewis retiring

Ray Lewis of Baltimore Ravens says he's retiring after season - ESPN

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
ShawneeIrish
Freshman

Cash: 2,002,199.62
Bank: 2,436,180,787.19
Total Bankroll: 2,438,182,986.81
Donate
ShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond repute
New York Yankees New York Knicks Kansas City Chiefs Notre Dame

He's a legend and one of my favorite players. He will be missed, but he will make a huge impact outside of the game as well. Would be great if he institutes some kind of program mentoring young players.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
irishog77
NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW

Cash: 35,079.69
Bank: 99,817,745,401.78
Total Bankroll: 99,817,780,481.46
Donate
irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishog77 should be giving advice to Kelly!

He will now join O.J. in their quests to find the real murderers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rocky2820
Sophomore

Cash: 70.50
Bank: 0.22
Total Bankroll: 70.72
Donate
Rocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond repute
Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

Probably the greatest compliment I could give is that I am a die-hard Steelers fan, and yet Ray Lewis has been one of my top 5 football players of this generation. So much respect for him as a player, and also for how he appears to have grown and matured as a person through the years (which was obviously necessary). He has sought to make a positive difference in Baltimore over the past decade, and I have really grown to respect him for that. Of course, the caveat to all of this is that none of us knows what happened in Atlanta that night. I will miss Ray Lewis the football player, and can only hope that he uses this next chapter in his life to elevate his positive impact on his community.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
chicago51
Starter

Cash: 5,816.30
Bank: 6,662,254,422.47
Total Bankroll: 6,662,260,238.78
Donate
chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!chicago51 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Bulls Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

[quote=irishog77;864191]He will now join O.J. in their quests to find the real murderers.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky2820 View Post
Probably the greatest compliment I could give is that I am a die-hard Steelers fan, and yet Ray Lewis has been one of my top 5 football players of this generation. So much respect for him as a player, and also for how he appears to have grown and matured as a person through the years (which was obviously necessary). He has sought to make a positive difference in Baltimore over the past decade, and I have really grown to respect him for that. Of course, the caveat to all of this is that none of us knows what happened in Atlanta that night. I will miss Ray Lewis the football player, and can only hope that he uses this next chapter in his life to elevate his positive impact on his community.
As far as the alleged murder goes I think it is best not judge him. I agree with rocky that nobody except Ray Lewis knows what happen in Atlanta that night. God knows and he will judge Ray Lewis according to the sins he has and hasn't committed. We though as a society should judge Ray Lewis on what we know to be true about the man and not what is speculated.

Last edited by chicago51; 01-02-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
ShawneeIrish
Freshman

Cash: 2,002,199.62
Bank: 2,436,180,787.19
Total Bankroll: 2,438,182,986.81
Donate
ShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond reputeShawneeIrish has a reputation beyond repute
New York Yankees New York Knicks Kansas City Chiefs Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishog77 View Post
He will now join O.J. in their quests to find the real murderers.
Truth is no one knows if Ray was involved. He plead to obstruction, I believe, and was sentenced to probation. Obviously evidence linking him to the crime is weak is offer a deal to plead to a charge that only involves probation. The two men arrested with him were acquitted. I think most likely is Ray was there and that he impeded the investigation, but I do not belief him to be a murderer, but again no one truly knows. What I do know is that since that day Ray Lewis has been a mentor to young players and a leader in his community. If anyone watched Ray Lewis A Football Life it was awesome to see how he truly befriended a Ravens fan with terminal cancer. Not photo op type stuff either, but becoming a true friend to the man and his family. Along with Tony Gonzalez, Ray Lewis is my favorite player and the NFL will be losing two great players and people when these guys retire.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
arrowryan
Team MVP

Cash: 2,404,950.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,404,950.06
Donate
arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

He was a great player and always had my respect. But speaking as a Steelers fan, I am glad he is retiring!!