Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
IrishinTN
Junior

Cash: 866,930,644.19
Bank: 0.60
Total Bankroll: 866,930,644.79
Donate
IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame

Last nights win was bigger than folks realize. Can't lose these series and just shrug it off with "its early" or "we have time"...blah blah blah. Especially if you're as old as me and remember 1978. OfC 2011 isnt too far behind us either. Its end of the year dumps like that that make every single game now even more important.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Irish Man3
Starter

Cash: 3,087,696.16
Bank: 37,613,549,998,903.08
Total Bankroll: 37,613,553,086,599.24
Donate
Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Washington Redskins Boston Bruins Connecticut

I love the move with Sandoval. Long time coming.

Big weekend here for the Sox to really take a hold of the division. Pomeranz made one real mistake tonight on the hanger to Sanchez. Overall, good outing.

I'm interested to see what they do on the hit corner before the deadline. I don't like Frazier there.

I've said this for awhile and I want to get some opinions here. Betts, JBJ, Benny, and Bogey will all be due some serious cash after their rookie contracts run out. The Sox won't be able to keep all of their young talent. Who do you let walk? I will be in the minority here, but I honestly think Xander Bogaerts is overrated. He fails to produce with guys on base over and over again. Last night, struck out with runners on 1st and 2nd and no out in the 1st. Comes up with the bases loaded and one out, grounds into a double play to end the threat. Reaches on an error in the 9th, but he failed there as well. He ripped a single the other way with nobody on base and 2 outs and that's what most of his .315 average consists of. He's mediocre defensively at SS. I don't dislike him, I just think the other young guys are far more valuable. Thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Me2SouthBend
Walk-On

Cash: 16,080.80
Bank: 396,522,217,385,328.31
Total Bankroll: 396,522,217,401,409.12
Donate
Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!

While I hear what you're saying about Bogey (it seems like he fails w guys on base) I thought they said last night that since last August he's hitting .415 w runners on base. Maybe it was even w 2 outs and runners on but whatever it was he leads the majors over that time. They can't afford to let him walk his contract is due in part due to thethe struggle they've had findinfstability at short. My guess is it will be JBj that will be allowed to walk or will be traded. Betts can go back to center and Bennintendi has a lot of time left and is a better hitter than JBj (or will be in time).

Happy Sandoval is gone can't wait to see Devers when he is ready.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Irish Man3
Starter

Donate
Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Man3 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
While I hear what you're saying about Bogey (it seems like he fails w guys on base) I thought they said last night that since last August he's hitting .415 w runners on base. Maybe it was even w 2 outs and runners on but whatever it was he leads the majors over that time. They can't afford to let him walk his contract is due in part due to thethe struggle they've had findinfstability at short. My guess is it will be JBj that will be allowed to walk or will be traded. Betts can go back to center and Bennintendi has a lot of time left and is a better hitter than JBj (or will be in time).

Happy Sandoval is gone can't wait to see Devers when he is ready.
JBJ seems to be the consensus pick among my Boston friends as well. I just have a hard time breaking up that outfield.

I'm ready for Sale to really cement himself as a CY Young candidate today.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
PapaIrish37
Walk-On

Cash: 862,628.74
Bank: 503,279,521.55
Total Bankroll: 504,142,150.29
Donate
PapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond reputePapaIrish37 has a reputation beyond repute

Also a Sox fan. Have been since 1967. I remember '78 all too well. Bucky F'in Dent.

I also think JBJ is the choice. With Bennintendi's arm they should consider moving him to RF and growing another good young L fielder who you can teach to play the Monster. If they do move him to RF he should grow a mustache. Dewey Evans is my all time favorite Sox.

Glad to be up on TB and the NY gang but every game is big. Too many late season melt downs I remember all too well over the last 50 years.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
IrishinTN
Junior

Cash: 866,930,644.19
Bank: 0.60
Total Bankroll: 866,930,644.79
Donate
IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishinTN should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame

Yeah, JBJ would be the easy choice. But JBJ might not be in that high of demand when his time is up. As mentioned, it will be difficult to keep Bogearts. I don't think the Sox will be able to afford keeping him unless they can buy Price out and dump that ****ty, overblown contract. Price is ok, but he is being paid WAY too much. That's the kind of money they can use to keep Sale around and still maybe keep Bogearts.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Irish Man3
Starter

Donate

Not a high demand for JBJ? He's a top 5 CF defensively, while batting .280 with 12 bombs at the break. What's not to like?