Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
arrowryan
Team MVP

Cash: 2,985,802.90
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,985,802.90
Donate
arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

I drafted the first 5 rounds for the Steelers...

Round 1, Pick 30: Michigan LB/SS Jabrill Peppers

Pittsburgh still has yet to find a permanent replacement for the great, future HOF Troy Polamalu. Peppers, I believe, only had one career interception at Michigan; that does not take away his ability to play both the run and the pass well. He is also a dangerous weapon on special teams. I know that Pittsburgh has two good safeties in Mike Mitchell and Sean Davis, but Mitchell won't be there forever (2 more years, maybe). Jabrill Peppers paired with Sean Davis would give Pittsburgh two young, physical, and talented safeties. I also considered Obi Melifonwu (safety from UCONN) with this pick.

Round 2, Pick 62: USC CB Adoree' Jackson

Pittsburgh's inability, or unwillingness, to play press man is probably the biggest reason why they cannot beat New England on a relatively consistent basis. When you play 5-7 yards off the ball, Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, and that dink n' dunk offense will kill you every time. With Adoree' Jackson's olympic speed, that will hopefully allow them to play press man. Put Jackson in the slot and lets see if that will help them shut down the shifty slot receivers that thrive on those short passes. Also, this would give Pittsburgh two GREAT potential kick/punt returners in the draft.

Round 3, Pick 94: Youngstown State OLB/Edge Rusher Derek Rivers

The great thing about this draft is that there are a lot of really good pass rushers in it. Taking a pass rusher in the first or second round was tempting but I knew that I could wait until the third. Pittsburgh's best pass rusher last year was 38 year old James Harrison. They have another good pass rusher in Bud Dupree but he didn't play until the second half of the season due to injury. Derek Rivers, all 6'4" and 250 pounds of him, is NFL game ready right now. He had 14 sacks as a senior, so he definitely doesn't have a problem getting to the QB. He won't be a day 1 starter but he is a promising backup to James Harrison in 2017. He should slide into that starting role in 2018 and give Pittsburgh a great OLB duo in Dupree and Rivers.

Round 3, Pick 105: Clemson TE Jordan Leggett

Heath Miller is the greatest tight end in Steelers' history and he, unexpectedly, retired before the 2016 season. Pittsburgh signed Ladarius Green, hoping he could replace Miller. Unfortunately, Green's first season with Pittsburgh was plagued with an ankle injury and a concussion that kept him out of the playoffs. Second year tight end Jesse James was pretty decent last year but he still needs to show more. Jordan Leggett is a great receiver and would be another weapon for Big Ben. Pittsburgh will have Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant at wide receiver, if they can add a tight end that is a great receiver and can stay healthy then that offense will be even tougher to stop.

Round 4, Pick 135: Virginia Tech WR Isaiah Ford

I was in a debate with myself on whether I should go running back or wide receiver with this pick. I decided to go receiver for a couple reasons; Pittsburgh needs to replace Markus Wheaton and who knows if Martavis Bryant will be with the team after 2017. Isaiah Ford gives the Pittsburgh group of receiver some needed size and he can learn from Antonio Brown. I thought about going with a slot receiver like Ryan Switzer or someone like DeeDee Westbrook, but I wanted size and Eli Rogers showed a lot of promise in the slot last year for Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh and GM Kevin Colbert is notorious for finding great offensive talent in the later rounds and I would be very confident that they found another gem if they went with Ford.

Round 5, Pick 173: Pittsburgh RB James Connor

Pittsburgh needs a backup running back for LeVeon Bell. DeAngelo Williams was great but he was the oldest running back in the NFL last year. They tend to draft the bigger running backs and Connor definitely isn't a small guy. Also, we cannot forget that he is a cancer survivor and is one of the best stories in this year's draft. He played his college career at Heinz Field so it would only be right if he played his NFL career there too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veritate Duce Progredi
You bray like an ass!

Cash: 8,813,022,451.00
Bank: 9,575,029,154,168.37
Total Bankroll: 9,583,842,176,619.38
Donate
Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!

Picked for the Cowboys (not my team):

28: Derek Barnett (Edge)
60: Adoree' Jackson (CB)
92: Zay Jones (WR)
133: Jordan Leggett (TE)
211: Stevie Tu'ikolovatu (DL)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,500,539.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,500,539.42
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolybug25 View Post
Chicago Bears

3: Jamal Adams
36: TJ Watt
67: Adoree' Jackson
111: Joe Mixon
117: Jake Butt
147: Chad Kelly
221: Ben Boulware
After seeing him at the combine, I am even higher on Jamal Adams, than I was before.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
zelezo vlk
Team MVP

Cash: 79,552,388,526.95
Bank: 92,557,350,545.44
Total Bankroll: 172,109,739,072.39
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

The only reason I'm skeptical about taking Adams at 3 is I'm not sure that a SS has the value of a top 5 pick.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
blueNDgold44
Junior

Cash: 1,066.97
Bank: 0.17
Total Bankroll: 1,067.14
Donate
blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!blueNDgold44 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Sully View Post
IF that worked out I would like that, but they will take a QB higher, and no chance Bears mess with Mixon's past.. Here is what I think

Chicago Bears

36: Patrick Mahomes
67: Kevin King
111: Cooper Kupp
147: Isaac Rochell
221: Ricky Seals Jones
Did one yesterday for the Bears.

1. Jamal Adams
2. Mitch Trubisky
3. Antonio Garcia
4. Cam Sutton
4 Jake Butt
5. Malachi Dupre
7. Joe Williams
Old 03-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
woolybug25
#1 Vineyard Vines Fan

Cash: 1,016,666,673,059.19
Bank: 23,889,710,142,210,288.00
Total Bankroll: 23,890,726,808,883,348.00
Donate
woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelezo vlk View Post
The only reason I'm skeptical about taking Adams at 3 is I'm not sure that a SS has the value of a top 5 pick.
If he turned out to have a Polamalou, Eric Berry or Cam Chancellor effect on a team then you wouldn't consider that top 3 pick value?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
woolybug25
#1 Vineyard Vines Fan

Cash: 1,016,666,673,059.19
Bank: 23,889,710,142,210,288.00
Total Bankroll: 23,890,726,808,883,348.00
Donate
woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Sully View Post
IF that worked out I would like that, but they will take a QB higher, and no chance Bears mess with Mixon's past.. Here is what I think

Chicago Bears

36: Patrick Mahomes
67: Kevin King
111: Cooper Kupp
147: Isaac Rochell
221: Ricky Seals Jones
I think the signing of Glennon hopefully means that they see that there is simply isn't a lot of QB talent in this draft. No reason to use a valuable 2nd round pick on a complete flyer like Mahomes. Draft someone late if you have to draft a flyer.

On Mixon, while what he did was terrible, he wasn't a serial trouble maker in his life. He kept his nose clean outside of that one event and is probably the best RB in the draft. Furthermore, he can run the entire route tree. I would be totally comfortable with them grabbing him.