Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #155 (permalink)
fortwayne_nd
Freshman

Cash: 7,029.94
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 7,029.94
Donate
fortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud of
Notre Dame 3 - Dale Earnhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
I understand being ticked about the Te'o coverage, but this isn't something that happens all the time at Bama. Since the summer of '08 when Saban cleaned out the riff-raff from the previous staff's players, these would be our first serious incidents, and it's getting plenty of coverage locally and nationally.

Looks like they used a stolen credit/debit card to commit theft and were in possession of an unlicensed gun when doing so. One of these guys (Calloway) was busted in '11 for misdemeanor possession. He's a goner for sure. Depending on the circumstances, the other three probably are also. I hate to see anybody be this stupid and waste the opportunity they had, but they made their choice. Now they'll suffer the consequences.
Working at the carwash, yeah! Great career move!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #156 (permalink)
fortwayne_nd
Freshman

Donate
fortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud offortwayne_nd has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolybug25 View Post
These are the first incidents? What were these?

Calloway arrested for weed.

Rolando hitting people with their car.

Jeremy Elder pulling a gun on a student and robbing them.

Jimmy Johns selling cocaine in the athletic parking lot.

Aaron Douglas arrested for DUI.

Mark Barron arrested for lying to police.

Alabama assistant coach arrested for pot.

Simeon Castille arrested on disorderly conduct.

Brandon Deaderick arrested for criminal mischief, resisting arrest, and giving the police a false name.

Brandon Fanney - disorderly conduct.

Roy Upchurch - diorderly conduct.

Courtney Upshaw arrested for domestic violence.

Nico Johnson arrested in high school for verbal harassment. (Dee Liner)

Or by "first incidents" were you referring to felony specific crimes?
No, the first since those incidents!! Facts are fun!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #157 (permalink)
fortwayne_nd
Freshman

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Em View Post
Bingo. This helps Saban purge players! This is the blessing he's been waiting for!
Blessing? ****, this is part of the plan! Criminals just being criminals.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #158 (permalink)
fortwayne_nd
Freshman

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NDfan View Post
Saw this in the comment section on yahoo and it made me spit out my juice lol

They were also charged with fraud.....for posing as students ha ha
Still laughing!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #159 (permalink)
Booslum31
Team MVP

Cash: 221.07
Bank: 6,077,152,558,655.34
Total Bankroll: 6,077,152,558,876.41
Donate
Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Send a message via AIM to Booslum31
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama323_15 View Post
Sorry for lengthy post.
In full disclosure...new poster here who did join during the Manti Teo saga. I commented then that however the story turned out, that ND was bigger than the episode, etc. I did not join to poke fun at ND...I tried to reassure ND posters that most folks with common sense understand that our programs will experience bad times but it does not define our programs...hopefully.

As to why Manti's story was covered so widely? My honest guess is due to his celebrity status as the ND leader and a Heisman candidate influenced the amount of coverage. Also, the story was so unusual it had people eager to find out what was going on. Yes, the recent Alabama arrests are much more serious than what happened with Manti.

Alabama's recent arrests involved no one of national celebrity. These kids were backups, not Heisman candidates...thereby not as appealing to casual readers. And as serious as these offenses are they are much more common in society than Manti's story...sad yes.

What story do we think would grab a non football fan's attention? If your job was to increase readers, traffic, etc. and they both happened on the same day, which would you lead with? Manti's story is obviously the bigger seller. Fair? Absolutely not.

I hope Manti goes on to a great NFL career and as much as I have been raised to dislike ND...I hope they stay at the top. College football is more entertaining with the ND's and Bama's playing for national championships.

As far the 4 from Alabama. I am confident they will never step foot on campus as a student or player again. I hope they are punished severly enough that they make better choices in the future. If that means jail time, good. And I say that after spending several years helping one of the players we are talking about. He never showed signs of this behavior growing up. I would have given him the keys to my house and told him to go get something for me and would have never worried about what he was doing. I have known him since he was in 4th grade. But this act is severe enough that even if it is a 1st time it must be dealt with harshly. I hope that the punishment will allow him to one day make another go at his dream of playing in the NFL. But if he is unable...he has only himself to blame.

Roll Tide and I hope we both meet in the national championship game again in the near future.
Because I want Bama to come back to the pack i had hope that these were four studs that they couldn't live without. Though I heard that three of them were four stars and one five star, I think they did Saban a favor by helping with the over-signage strategy.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #160 (permalink)
irishtrain
Junior

Location: atlanta area, was Gairish before I had to redo my page
Cash: 23,429.10
Total Bankroll: 23,429.10
Donate
irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!irishtrain should be giving advice to Kelly!

I'm on record for my dislike for the sec, thats for sure. I respect the product that is on the field ( who wouldnt ) but when these things take place it reinforces the feeling that most of us have. Certainly they are playing the best football by a conference today but it continues to bring up the guestion how many of these kids actually belong on a college campus. I dont care who you are/ or where you come from/ when stuff like this happens it shows very simply why these guys are on campus. They are there to win football games and entertain on Saturday. They are there to bring $$$ into the conference with little regard to 'are they actually college students'. It should bring a centered scrutiny on just what goes on to admitt these guys. Can you imagine the %$#@ to pay if this happened at Notre Dame. It makes a kid getting duped on the internet look like a game of 'OLD MAIDS' compared to high stakes Vegas poker. When you play high stakes poker sometimes you get burned. Embarrassing
Old 02-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #161 (permalink)
chubler
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 28,043.58
Total Bankroll: 28,043.58
Donate
chubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond reputechubler has a reputation beyond repute

Not even going to get into the issue of whether these guys belong on campus- I haven't seen their ACT/SAT scores or transcripts...

However, I wish there was some forgiveness/bend possible in the discipline. ND was able to forgive Michael Floyd three times for alcohol offenses- the last one was actually pretty terrible. But as a result, he went from what some would call a "punk" attitude to a moral as well as a football leader. Bama probably can't get away with that- too many arrests to risk looking soft/setting a precedent/different type of person (I'd argue that in general, the average alabama player needs more rules than the average ND player). So, sadly, these boys will be thrown out on their butts (deservedly, dont get me wrong) when a second chance could've been all the difference, whether they ever saw the field or not.