Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
DoverShores
Walk-On

Cash: 442,047.88
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 442,047.88
Donate
DoverShores is just really niceDoverShores is just really niceDoverShores is just really niceDoverShores is just really niceDoverShores is just really niceDoverShores is just really niceDoverShores is just really nice
Chicago Bulls San Francisco 49ers Colorado Avalanche Notre Dame

Pete Carroll to Seahawks!!!

ESPN's bottom line says the "Seahawks are targeting Pete Carroll, who is interested", now that Mora was let go. Seems a little odd to me.

Seattle Seahawks fire Jim Mora; Pete Carroll courted, sources say - ESPN

"Said another source close to Carroll: 'You're about to see a big headline that shakes up the major college football word,' in reference to the Seahawks' development."

Last edited by NDinL.A.; 01-11-2010 at 12:53 AM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
I Dont Miss Charlie
And I Never Will

Cash: 49,852.84
Bank: 5,574.78
Total Bankroll: 55,427.62
Donate
I Dont Miss Charlie is infamous around these parts
Kansas City Royals Kansas City Chiefs DePaul

Who cares?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
acerider8
Waterboy

Cash: 5,534.41
Total Bankroll: 5,534.41
Donate
acerider8 has a good aura about themacerider8 has a good aura about themacerider8 has a good aura about themacerider8 has a good aura about them

Who cares? Pete Carroll leaving for the NFL would shake up the entire landscape of College Football. Not to mention the fact, our biggest rival (both on the field and in the recruiting world) would be without a head coach. No head coach with 3 weeks until National Signing day would be a nightmare....
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
t3hjc
Freshman

Cash: 809.45
Bank: 1,322,818.66
Total Bankroll: 1,323,628.11
Donate
t3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant futuret3hjc has a brilliant future
New York Mets Boston Celtics Kansas City Chiefs

Really hope this happens.

Puts us back in play with a number of guys too, you have to figure. Prater?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bubba
Schmidt Happens

Cash: 590.04
Bank: 1.25
Total Bankroll: 591.29
Donate
Bubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the communityBubba is a leader in the community
Los Angeles Angels Phoenix Suns Miami Dolphins Phoenix Coyotes Notre Dame

If the NCAA is truly going to dig deeper and actually do something about the recruiting violations in football as they did with their basketball program, Carroll moving to the NFL makes complete sense. I've never been a fan of Carroll. He has had some amazing teams at USC, but I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped ship before it sinks.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
BearGB
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 67,640.33
Total Bankroll: 67,640.33
Donate
BearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud ofBearGB has much to be proud of
Green Bay Packers Notre Dame

I just saw this on ESPN as well! I kept wondering at first "Why now? Why this job?" Then the answer came: It sounds like he may be able to swing a GM/HC position - which I believe is his dream. He knows the importance of being able to choose his players... Unfortunately, it didn't really work when Holmgren left GB to do the same thing... in the same city.

I'm surprised still. Maybe he's thinking USC would still be reloading a bit next year, and this is the perfect time.

It would make me very happy, especially regarding recruiting. However, a small part of me wants Kelly to have his fair shot at Pete when both have stacked teams...
Old 01-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Riddickulous
"That" Guy

Cash: 2,076,347.77
Total Bankroll: 2,076,347.77
Donate
Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Silly, silly rumors.

If it happened, I'd crap my pants. Too bad I'm not four years old.