Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 101,018,279,970.40
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 101,018,279,970.40
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Who remembers Haki Woods?

While looking over the Oregon roster I see the name Haki Woods. I'm sure some of the Michiana guys will remember him. Woods played at SB Washington with David Perkins and Gehrig Dieter as an underclassman. He then made the decision to attend St Joe for education reasons even though they were going to block him from playing. I remember reading stories about it in the SBTrib at the time.

Well here is an Al Lesar piece from 2014 about the entire back story and how it unfolded leading up to his college commitment to Mike Sanford Sr. at Indiana St...

https://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...7a43b2370.html

But the story doesn't end there. He redshirted in '14 and played well for the Sycamores in '15 but something happened in 2016 where he ended up at Pima CC down in Tucson where he was JUCO All American last season...

After 4 years of college, he chose Oregon over Arizona, California, Oklahoma State, Utah and others. He was committed to Zona for over a year but the coaching change seems to have altered that. His bio on Oregon's team site says he is a RS-Sr. but everything else says he's a RS-Jr., which is what I'd have thought.

Early reports I just looked up says he's the first CB off the bench and will be on the field for all nickle/dime situations. Might even contend for a safety spot.

I'm sure what I quickly found + the Al Lesar piece are the Hollywood parts of the story because there's always more to the equation that first meets the eye, but regardless or irregardless... I found it to be very inspirational on many levels.

Good story and it reminds me that there are often good prospects right under your nose. They just need the drive to succeed and the good fortune to pick the correct path.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!