Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Cash: 4,857,129.29
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 4,857,129.29
Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Walkons Awarded Scholarships

I think coaches love to have a scholarship or two to reward these young men's hard work and dedication and to provide them with some unexpected financial relief in the tens of thousands of dollars, which this year includes cost of attendance stipends. Watching theirs and their teammates' reactions is always heartwarming and indicative of how much of a part of the team they are.

(ND) Walk-on Josh Anderson awarded scholarship for 2015 season (video)

(Fla) Six walk-ons awarded scholarships

SMU walk-ons surprised with scholarships after coach's prank (2) (video)

(South Carolina) Scholarships bring relief, joy to former walk-ons at South Carolina (4)
Quote:
"It’s a great relief. A great relief,” Talley said. “I just called my mom, and she was very happy, yelling for me. My dad, also. It’s just a great relief for all of us.”
(Auburn) Walk-ons Mike Sherwood and Aaron Garrison earn scholarships
Quote:
“Oh, Dirty Mike, I’m so proud of him,” senior linebacker Justin Garrett said. “You wouldn’t believe it. He works so hard. He comes out there to battle every day. I was surprised — I think the whole team was surprised, because I think he’s just a redshirt sophomore and that’s one of the earliest I’ve seen a player get a scholarship in this program since I’ve been here."
(Ga Tech) Georgia Tech’s newest scholarship athletes tell their stories (2)
Quote:
Q: What does it mean from a financial perspective?

A: It means a lot. My parents, they’d always told me, not to put pressure on me, to get (the scholarship), but it was more of my goal. My mom just went back to work, and she hasn’t worked in 15 years. She went back to work, like, two months ago or so, so that was probably to help out a little bit, but it takes some stress off them. My dad, he does his own business, so it’s not like the job security’s always there. It was a big relief, I’m sure.

Last edited by Legacy; 08-24-2015 at 12:52 AM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Gundy Places Three Cowboy Walk-Ons on Scholarship

Quote:
"It's one of the greatest joys as a coach to get to reward guys for their hard work and dedication," Gundy said. "We've had a long tradition here at Oklahoma State of a great walk-on program. We've had guys put their heart and souls into this program and it's always great when you can put them on scholarship."
WATCH: Emotional videos of programs across the country awarding scholarships to walk-ons
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Donate

The moment a Stanford walk-on learns he's getting a scholarship is the best thing you'll see today (video)

WATCH: Clemson Football Walk-ons (2) get scholarships (video)

7 former Louisville football walk-ons earn scholarships for 2015 (article)

Last edited by Legacy; 09-01-2015 at 12:47 PM..
Old 08-29-2015, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Donate

How TCU's Josh Doctson went from walk-on to preseason all-conference

Quote:
When TCU opens the season Sept. 3 at Minnesota, Doctson will line up as the No. 1 receiver for the nation’s No. 2-ranked team, trying to earn all-Big 12 honors for a second consecutive year. And he’ll be doing it at the school that gave both he and his mother a chance when they needed a place to land.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Donate

Two Texas A&M walk-ons earn football scholarships (video link to their highlight reel with "scholarship" at the end)

Quote:
College Station -- College football walk-ons who subject themselves to 100-degree heat for rigorous practices and taking daily whippings as living, breathing tackling dummies from the scholarship players deserve some sort of reward – and often that’s simply getting to wear the uniform.

Then, there are other walk-ons who deserve a whole lot more – and are actually rewarded with scholarships for their hard work and productivity on Saturdays.
NC State gives scholarships to two walk-on WRs (video)
Quote:
Few moments in college sports are more heartwarming than the granting of scholarships to walk-ons. There is something inspirational about seeing others rewarded for their hard work, especially in football, where often undersized, overlooked players see their labor pay off through the form of a free year of education.
WMU surprises walk-on with scholarship on football (video)

Quote:
How cool is this?

Western Michigan football coach P.J. Fleck surprised junior running back Trevor Sweeney — a walk-on from Mattawan — with a scholarship in a unique way

Last edited by Legacy; 09-01-2015 at 12:55 PM..
Old 08-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Donate

Notre Dame Football Mobs Walk-On After Receiving Scholarship (video)

Always great to see these videos.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Legacy
Starter

Donate

Teammates celebrate as Jamey Mosley earns scholarship (Alabama)

Watch Nick Saban award scholarships to 3 Alabama walk-ons

When was the last time Bama had four scholarships to award to walkons?