Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/)
-   Other College Football (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/other-college-football/)
-   -   SEC Open Thread (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/other-college-football/204695-sec-open-thread.html)

IrishLax 08-29-2014 01:17 PM

SEC Open Thread

Might as well make one, only saw one for their scheduling.

First, Vandy got flat out embarrassed last night by Temple. TEMPLE! 37-7 and Vandy's only TD came on a bobbled punt. Just proves what we've all been saying for a very long time about the bottom of the SEC being as bad as anyone.

Second, Sumlin is an offensive genius. He's cut from the same cloth as Chip Kelly but with the air raid attack plan. The SEC West is truly absurd... A&M, Alabama, Auburn, LSU. Lots of different styles, lots of talent.

goldandblue 08-29-2014 01:19 PM

Nice thread. I was a bit surprised by South Carolina last night. Was A&M that good or USC that bad??

Irishbounty28 08-29-2014 01:21 PM

The Aggies were on fire last night throughout the entire game. They look to have a more improved defense as the year moves on. They finally have some sort of pass rush that has eluded them in the past.

I couldn't watch the Vanderbilt game after the first few drives, it just wasn't interesting to me. Similar feeling in the Ole Miss vs. Boise State game. They had so many turnovers and penalties in that game it was hard to watch. Ole Miss has talent to be good as well, but they have no leadership it seems.

Bugzly21 08-29-2014 01:22 PM

Not to take anything from A&M, missed the game because of class and kids soccer, but South Carolina was greatly overrated. Losing Clowney, changing D and losing Shaw they had no business being in the top 10.

I agree that the west is stacked though. However that's all the SEC has this year and I would put Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, ASU and U$C against any of those four. I think the PAC12 is the over all strongest conference

NDCrusader 08-29-2014 01:22 PM

Congrats Lax on your new gig at ESPN!

MNIrishman 08-29-2014 01:25 PM

It was a beautiful confirmation of Manziel's ability to put up big numbers in a system designed to allow quarterbacks to put up big numbers, and that he was special enough to get bested by literally the first dude replacing him.

IrishLax 08-29-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugzly21 (Post 1336801)
Not to take anything from A&M, missed the game because of class and kids soccer, but South Carolina was greatly overrated. Losing Clowney, changing D and losing Shaw they had no business being in the top 10.

I agree that the west is stacked though. However that's all the SEC has this year and I would put Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, ASU and U$C against any of those four. I think the PAC12 is the over all strongest conference

Totally agree, but they still dropped like 700 yards on them with oodles of brand new skill position players. That show was impressive regardless of who they were playing and it's not like South Carolina is Purdue.

Top to bottom, I don't think there is a question that the PAC12 is the strongest conference this year.