Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:36 AM   #162 (permalink)
phillyirish

Cash: 102,516.19
Bank: 900,741,354.92
Total Bankroll: 900,843,871.11
Donate
phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!phillyirish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame

Call me crazy, but if Mizzou upsets Bama and knocks the SEC out of the playoffs I will call that a fair trade for ND's ****ty season. (Assuming 2 things: Bama doesn't get the nod as a 2 loss team which I honestly think could likely happen, and 2) Ohio St doesnt win it all).

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #163 (permalink)
Wild Bill
Senior

Cash: 1,052,026,539.05
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,052,026,539.05
Donate
Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCND View Post
Agree. Unbelievable the difference between the TOP SEC teams and Notre Dame.
Unbelievable the difference between mediocre PAC teams and ND.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #164 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Cash: 15,631.92
Bank: 27,798,713,047.03
Total Bankroll: 27,798,728,678.95
Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds New Orleans Saints Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
This best conference claim is tiresome and specious. From an Irishman's independent vantage, I see teams, not conferences. If you want to wrap yourself in the victories of your top teams, that's fine, but irrelevant. If you want to dismiss the ACC as a second rate conference, that's fine, but blind to the results of this weekend. You don't want pride and regionalism to limit your ability to be objective.

Missouri and Texas A&M didn't become world beaters just because they joined the SEC. As former Big 12 teams, they have done pretty well with minimal changes in their programs. Kudos to Missouri for their second trip in two years to Atlanta. Mizzou made it to the Big 12 championship game two years in a row in 2007 & 2008, too. But that's a much worse conference in your mind, I'm sure. And Missouri plays in the SEC East and you would probably consider them to be mediocre in the SEC West.
Legacy,

I enjoy your posts as you bring a lot of very good information to them. And you should post more. But don't let your hate of anything override your objectiveness.

Every ACC team playing an SEC team yesterday was favored to win with the exception of Ga Tech. Somehow, a poor Fla Gator team with a lame duck coach almost beat the undefeated FSU Criminoles. A team that is probably headed to the playoffs. The 9-3 Louisville Cards beat Ky by four. Wow. Four whole points. Against traditional cellar dweller Ky. Clemson finally breaks S Carolina's streak. Great for them. And Tech hadn't beat Ga since something like 2008. I was actually pulling for Tech in that one as there are a couple of hometown guys who play for Tech ( J. Thomas and J Golden). For the record.... I hope Ga keeps Richt around for years.

Mizzou... again, they have been the recipient of coming in to the SEC East when the traditional powers in the East have been down. But I will take nothing away from them. They have won - even against the less than stellar teams of the East - and deserve the recognition they get. Solid front seven on defense, an ability to win games when needed, and a great addition to the conference as a whole.

The Aggies. Let's see. They finished third, fourth, and sixth....... in their division. Their hype and their coach is overrated. Been saying it for three years now.

And yes... I do consider the SEC East to be mediocre to the SEC West. As does most people who watch college football.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #165 (permalink)
MNIrishman
Junior

Cash: 1,000,006,016.66
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,006,016.66
Donate
MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!MNIrishman should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Town Tommy View Post
Legacy,

I enjoy your posts as you bring a lot of very good information to them. And you should post more. But don't let your hate of anything override your objectiveness.

Every ACC team playing an SEC team yesterday was favored to win with the exception of Ga Tech. Somehow, a poor Fla Gator team with a lame duck coach almost beat the undefeated FSU Criminoles. A team that is probably headed to the playoffs. The 9-3 Louisville Cards beat Ky by four. Wow. Four whole points. Against traditional cellar dweller Ky. Clemson finally breaks S Carolina's streak. Great for them. And Tech hadn't beat Ga since something like 2008. I was actually pulling for Tech in that one as there are a couple of hometown guys who play for Tech ( J. Thomas and J Golden). For the record.... I hope Ga keeps Richt around for years.

Mizzou... again, they have been the recipient of coming in to the SEC East when the traditional powers in the East have been down. But I will take nothing away from them. They have won - even against the less than stellar teams of the East - and deserve the recognition they get. Solid front seven on defense, an ability to win games when needed, and a great addition to the conference as a whole.

The Aggies. Let's see. They finished third, fourth, and sixth....... in their division. Their hype and their coach is overrated. Been saying it for three years now.

And yes... I do consider the SEC East to be mediocre to the SEC West. As does most people who watch college football.
Always an excuse.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #166 (permalink)
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 532,046.30
Bank: 295,401,433,898,927,232.00
Total Bankroll: 295,401,433,899,459,264.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Town Tommy View Post
Legacy,

Trying to mitigate the losses with "well, they won close sooo...." is really comical. SEC daily gets more and more exposed for exactly what outside people say it is... a couple GREAT teams and then the rest of the conference is no better than normal teams from other conferences. Missouri lost to freaking Indiana on top of the piss poor performances handed in yesterday by the other teams in the SEC LEast. What non-SEC fans want people to accept is that the bottom half of the conference is as bad as really any other conference... instead the propaganda machine says "every team is great, and every week is a tough game" which is BS.

Really funny to watch an under talented Big 12 team that can't hold their own against the worst of the Big Ten repeatedly win half of that mighty conference.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #167 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNIrishman View Post
Always an excuse.
Where? What did I post that's not factual.

Always a complaint... especially from you. If my team just lost by five tds to a team that wasn't even ranked do you think I would give a damn about anybody else? No. I would be worried about my team. I sure wouldn't be talking about any other team or conference. Geez.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #168 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
Trying to mitigate the losses with "well, they won close sooo...." is really comical. SEC daily gets more and more exposed for exactly what outside people say it is... a couple GREAT teams and then the rest of the conference is no better than normal teams from other conferences. Missouri lost to freaking Indiana on top of the piss poor performances handed in yesterday by the other teams in the SEC LEast. What non-SEC fans want people to accept is that the bottom half of the conference is as bad as really any other conference... instead the propaganda machine says "every team is great, and every week is a tough game" which is BS.

Really funny to watch an under talented Big 12 team that can't hold their own against the worst of the Big Ten repeatedly win half of that mighty conference.
I don't think anyone has propped up the bottom half of the SEC Lax. Every conference has those that are at the bottom due to simple math... gotta be winners and losers.

But to state the SEC still isn't the dominant conference in football is ridiculous. I will say this... the last place team in the West will be favored over a tremendous amount of teams in the country that are going bowling.