Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #862 (permalink)
NDbrbkny
Freshman

Cash: 46,246.13
Bank: 21,934,088.30
Total Bankroll: 21,980,334.43
Donate
NDbrbkny is just really niceNDbrbkny is just really niceNDbrbkny is just really niceNDbrbkny is just really niceNDbrbkny is just really niceNDbrbkny is just really niceNDbrbkny is just really nice
New York Yankees New York Knicks Dallas Cowboys New York Rangers Notre Dame

any female who sets someone up should be in jail
https://reason.com/blog/2016/09/09/f...incredible-lie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-10-2016, 11:56 PM   #863 (permalink)
Legacy
Senior

Cash: 5,329,923.66
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,329,923.66
Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Lane Kiffin gets an an "ass chewing" by Saban

Up by thirty-five points, Kiffin called a run that resulted in a fumble recovered by Western Kentucky, who scored a TD with two minutes to go in the game. Saban let Kiffin know how he felt with one minute to go in the game and up by four touchdowns.

Watch angry Nick Saban explode on Lane Kiffin on Alabama's sideline

At the post-game conference, Saban expressed his disappointment:
Quote:
"I don't know that I've ever been this disappointed after winning a game, maybe ever. We have lots of work to do. We're going to play a lot better teams. I didn't think we practiced very well this week. I didn't think we prepared very well for this game. I don't think we respected the team we played. Like I said before, when you're arrogant, it makes you complacent. It creates a blatant disregard for doing things right. If we don't start doing things right, we're not going to have the kind of success that we're capable of."

"It's all my responsibility. We need to get the job done better. I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't do a better job for my team."
Saban has given "ass chewings" to Kiffen more than once before. Last year, on Alabama's final drive in their 45-21 win over Georgia Southern (below), Saban was angry when the offense had to call a timeout.

Against W.Va in 2014:

Against Florida in 2014:

Last edited by Legacy; 09-11-2016 at 12:04 AM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-11-2016, 02:09 AM   #864 (permalink)
Bishop2b5
Interloper

Cash: 209,458,965.73
Total Bankroll: 209,458,965.73
Donate
Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Just Saban being Saban. He's a perfectionist. Makes him difficult to deal with I'm sure, and he's never satisfied, but the results are hard to argue with.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #865 (permalink)
Legacy
Senior

Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
Just Saban being Saban. He's a perfectionist. Makes him difficult to deal with I'm sure, and he's never satisfied, but the results are hard to argue with.
I agree, Bishop. I don't think he calls any individual players out, right? Players get in the doghouse or you know who he is talking about, but he doesn't yell at players on the sideline.

It's just remarkable to me that he did this at the end of the W. Kentucky and Ga S. games with a five TD leads.

Not sure if he likes Kiffin. Saban is just different than Bryant on the field.

Last edited by Legacy; 09-11-2016 at 01:59 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #866 (permalink)
Bishop2b5
Interloper

Cash: 209,458,965.73
Total Bankroll: 209,458,965.73
Donate
Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!

He's chewed out a few players on the sideline (the infamous swat across the butt of AJ McCarron in '10 comes to mind), but it's not something he often does. I actually think he's more likely to go off near the end of a won game. He wants players - even 3rd stringers doing mop-up duty - to execute to perfection and play as though it's the first quarter and the game's tied.

I think he & Kiffin get along well enough. If they didn't work well together and he didn't appreciate what Kiffin brought to the table, Lane wouldn't be there long, and he sure didn't get a raise this past week without Saban OK'ing it. Keep in mind that a LOT of the rants in press conferences and on the sideline are for effect to get a point across to the players about not taking opponents lightly, not losing focus, etc. I'm friends with a former Bama beat reporter and he says 99% of it is all an act to drive home a message or make a point to the players.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #867 (permalink)
Legacy
Senior

Donate

Thanks, Bishop.

As for K's raise, he was still getting paid his buyout money from USC over the '14 and '15 seasons - reportedly $2.7 million a year. Typically, any new coaching salary, e.g. at Alabama, would reduce the buyout by that much annually. So, Kiffin's OC salary was low, in comparison, and he did not receive any raises these first two years at Alabama while being paid by USC. But his total annual income (USC+Bama) for '14 and '15 was about $3.4 million ($2.7m + 700k).

Since USC's money ended on July 1, his salary at Alabama has now jumped to $1.4 m over the remaining eight months of his three year contract. That would be a $2.1 m annual contract. Not bad but a dip from his $3.4 m total the last two years. The only SEC OC who is making more is Cam Cameron.

Wonder what the buyout is if Kiffin leaves for a head coaching job in Dec or Jan? K probably would not have to pay Bama that much. But maybe he could get performance bonuses in Jan, too.

With his USC buyout apparently complete, Lane Kiffin has his salary doubled at Alabama

Kiffin gets significant raise in final year of contract

Another example, Brady Hoke was fired with two years ('15 & '16) remaining on his contract at a buyout cost to Michigan of $3 m. With the Michigan money coming in this year, Hoke is working for $400k in 2016. He signed with Oregon as DC for three years, too. Then his salary jumps to $700k for '17 & '18.

Last edited by Legacy; 09-12-2016 at 03:39 PM..
Old 09-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #868 (permalink)
Kingbish01
Sophomore

Cash: 150,093,415.97
Bank: 919,870,825,304.23
Total Bankroll: 920,020,918,720.21
Donate
Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!Kingbish01 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Atlanta Hawks Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame

This Arkansas vs A&M game is awesome. I don't see any of these kids missing tackles and not getting their heads around. What is holding ND back from getting guys like this. I'm all for running BVG out of town, but some of our guys don't even look like football players.

And on the flip side, I'd take our offense all day long.

Last edited by Kingbish01; 09-24-2016 at 10:52 PM..