Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
mooneytostle
Smooth Operator

Cash: 19,836.53
Bank: 6.47
Total Bankroll: 19,843.00
Donate
mooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of light
Atlanta Braves Cleveland Cavaliers Notre Dame

Championship Game Ticket Market

For those paying attention what are people's thoughts on the ups and downs of the online secondary market, namely Stub Hub, for the price of tickets to the national championship game?

There was not the initial spike in prices on Dec. 11th which was expected due to the tens of thousands of alumni who found out they were unsuccessful in the lottery. However, the prices have risen in the past couple of days, though a little slower today than yesterday.

Where do people think this market is going?
__________________________________________________ _____________________

On a separate matter, and I hope posting this is not a violation of Rule #9 (commercial offer) - I do not believe it does - I have a ticket offer some here may be interested in.

My brother-in-law is a sophomore at ND and both he and his roommate where unsuccessful in the student lottery. The two of them agreed that they would split a pair of tickets on Stub Hub and so they bought them (this happened Tuesday I believe). Now the roommate ended up getting a ticket free through some connection his father had and now is reneging for being responsible for the other half of the ticket (he said he will help try to find someone but is not going to pay my BIL back for the ticket and make it his responsibility).

So I am trying to help my BIL find a buyer. The single ticket is in Section 446 (sideline around the 5-10 it looks like) and they bought it for $1500 including Stub Hub fees. At this very moment the cheapest ticket in that same section is going for $1750 on Stub Hub, which does not include the 10% buyer's charge, obviously making the ticket even more expensive.

He is just trying to break even and obviously would like to sit with a big ND fan. Anyone interested? Go Irish.

Last edited by mooneytostle; 12-14-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
jimmymac
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 1,046,150.85
Bank: 507,387,486,819.50
Total Bankroll: 507,388,532,970.35
Donate
jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers

Just curious, what's your brother in laws name? What dorms he in? I'm a sophomore myself.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
IrishSteelhead
All Flair, No Substance

Cash: 82,425.75
Bank: 136,473.37
Total Bankroll: 218,899.11
Donate
IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks

I'm curious myself. We were waiting to buy tickets, but the cheap seats have gone from 1200 to 1600 in about 3 days.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
mooneytostle
Smooth Operator

Cash: 19,836.53
Bank: 6.47
Total Bankroll: 19,843.00
Donate
mooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of lightmooneytostle is a glorious beacon of light
Atlanta Braves Cleveland Cavaliers Notre Dame

rather not post his name but he is a sophomore in Morrissey (same dorm where I lived).
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
jimmymac
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 1,046,150.85
Bank: 507,387,486,819.50
Total Bankroll: 507,388,532,970.35
Donate
jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!jimmymac should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneytostle View Post
rather not post his name but he is a sophomore in Morrissey (same dorm where I lived).
Sure no problem, I'm in Morrissey too haha! Feel free to pm me, but if you don't want to it's fine.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
rtrn2glory
Team MVP

Cash: 771,127,853.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 771,127,853.57
Donate
rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Chicago Bears Notre Dame

are there any sweepstakes to win a ticket to the game ...struggling to find any
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Title2114
BANNED

Cash: 6,120,000,700.79
Bank: 101,438,798,429.25
Total Bankroll: 107,558,799,130.04
Donate
Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Butler Arsenal USA

The best way to get a ticket is to mug a scalper. No one loves scalpers so you don't have to feel bad about it.