Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
UmphreakDomer
Freshman

Cash: 799,208.60
Bank: 132,947,135,875.70
Total Bankroll: 132,947,935,084.30
Donate
UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
Send a message via AIM to UmphreakDomer
Chicago Cubs Detroit Lions Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
I really cant explain why I liked it, I have always liked dialogue heavy movies so that may be the reason. Also Andrew Dominik is one of my favorite directors so I may be a bit biased. And no worries buddy I knew you weren't trying to be an arse, just a little bit of healthy debate
i enjoy dialog movies as well. but, what did any of this dialog have to do with anything that the film was trying to say? it was a bunch of guys talking about their d!cks and screwing girls. added nothing to the film and helped the plot in no way.
also, direction was weak in my opinion. every scene was just two people sitting and talking. there was nothing dynamic in the blocking.
i cant stand when a film takes something gratuitous like violence and add ballet music to make it "artistic". i thought this movie was garbage from opening frame. it couldve been good. but the message was beaten over the audiences head, we get it...there was no subtext. the thematic element was topical and weak.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
rikkitikki08
Senior

Cash: 6,319,070.13
Bank: 599,423,749.45
Total Bankroll: 605,742,819.58
Donate
rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmphreakDomer View Post
i enjoy dialog movies as well. but, what did any of this dialog have to do with anything that the film was trying to say? it was a bunch of guys talking about their d!cks and screwing girls. added nothing to the film and helped the plot in no way.
also, direction was weak in my opinion. every scene was just two people sitting and talking. there was nothing dynamic in the blocking.
i cant stand when a film takes something gratuitous like violence and add ballet music to make it "artistic". i thought this movie was garbage from opening frame. it couldve been good. but the message was beaten over the audiences head, we get it...there was no subtext. the thematic element was topical and weak.
I can see why you feel that way. Like i said something about just grabbed me and pulled me in and i really cant explain why. Have you seen his previous movie the assassination of jesse james?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
UmphreakDomer
Freshman

Cash: 799,208.60
Bank: 132,947,135,875.70
Total Bankroll: 132,947,935,084.30
Donate
UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!UmphreakDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
Send a message via AIM to UmphreakDomer
Chicago Cubs Detroit Lions Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
I can see why you feel that way. Like i said something about just grabbed me and pulled me in and i really cant explain why. Have you seen his previous movie the assassination of jesse james?
i havent yet. but i read an interesting article today about this movie and they talked about it. brad pitt has said that that film hasnt reached its potential yet (i think it was a $30M budget and made $8--huge flop). pitt said this movie is like wine and will just get better over time. we'll see. ill check it out. i know i wanted to see it. just havent had a chance.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
rikkitikki08
Senior

Cash: 6,319,070.13
Bank: 599,423,749.45
Total Bankroll: 605,742,819.58
Donate
rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmphreakDomer View Post
i havent yet. but i read an interesting article today about this movie and they talked about it. brad pitt has said that that film hasnt reached its potential yet (i think it was a $30M budget and made $8--huge flop). pitt said this movie is like wine and will just get better over time. we'll see. ill check it out. i know i wanted to see it. just havent had a chance.
Its one of my favorite movies of all time. Its a slow burner so just keep watching a give it a chance
Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
Buster Bluth
Hey Brother...

Cash: 222.00
Bank: 0.88
Total Bankroll: 222.88
Donate
Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns Columbus Blue Jackets Toledo

I saw Lincoln tonight. Day-Lewis has the Best Actor Oscar in the bag as far as I'm concerned. I felt like I was watching a bunch of actors and literally Abraham Lincoln. It was incredible. If you're not a history buff and/or have ADHD, you will think the movie is so-so.

Next week I'm seeing The Hobbit, and the week after I'm seeing Django Unchained. Should be three awesome movies in a row!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
pumpdog20
Freshman

Cash: 970,597.25
Bank: 77,603,278.54
Total Bankroll: 78,573,875.79
Donate
pumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the community
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Iowa

Any list that doesn't include Act of Valor, is a list that sucks.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
Buster Bluth
Hey Brother...

Cash: 222.00
Bank: 0.88
Total Bankroll: 222.88
Donate
Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!Buster Bluth should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns Columbus Blue Jackets Toledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
Any list that doesn't include Act of Valor, is a list that sucks.
...and the envelope says "movies with amateur acting and a plot so simple a child could write it."