Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
IrishKel93
Walk-On

Cash: 17,866.20
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 17,866.20
Donate
IrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud of

Wink Manti vs Manziel

My friend Jake wrote this great piece you guys might like. It sure has the A&M board all riled up this a.m.!!

Manti vs. Manziel Manti vs. Manziel

A&M board ... I love this ... Manatee vs. JFF article | A&M Football | Forums | TexAgs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
AdmiralBackhand
Irish Impossible Inches

Cash: 168,352.55
Bank: 223,708,520,253.64
Total Bankroll: 223,708,688,606.19
Donate
AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Netherlands

Thanks for the read. I saw some comnents..they are mad heh.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
IrishKel93
Walk-On

Cash: 17,866.20
Total Bankroll: 17,866.20
Donate
IrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud ofIrishKel93 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
Thanks for the read. I saw some comnents..they are mad heh.
I love the fact that they are mad as all get out that a woman wrote it ... when I didn't even write it! They didn't even read the second line "Guest post ..." LOL

The best was the thread on the TexAgs message board ... telling me that a woman cannot be a credible sports writer ... and that I should get back in the kitchen ... and that for my significant other's sake they hope I'm a better cook than a sports writer! hahahaha

Then ... their board crashed and they blamed it on ME!

Quite a successful day I must say!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
ulukinatme
Choosy Moms choose .GIF

Cash: 4,333.77
Bank: 1,040,394,798.01
Total Bankroll: 1,040,399,131.78
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Very well done. So far stiffarmtrophy.com isn't looking too good though. There are some voters not even voting for Manti. I noticed a few writers from Southern Cal left him off the ballot, as well as Roger Staubach. Archie Griffin only voted for Manziel. A writer from Topeka Kansas only voted for Klein. Lots of Texas writers of course are supporting Manziel. All four writers for an Oklahoma paper have supported Manti, which is nice. In any case, I expect the award to go to Manziel at this point and would reinforce that the integrity line is just there for fluff. I'm no less proud of Manti's work on and off the field this year, it's quite an accomplishment for any pure defensive player to be invited to New York.

Last edited by ulukinatme; 12-06-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
ab2cmiller
Troublemaker in training

Cash: 547,045.98
Total Bankroll: 547,045.98
Donate
ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
Very well done. So far stiffarmtrophy.com isn't looking too good though. There are some voters not even voting for Manti. I noticed a few writers from Southern Cal left him off the ballot, as well as Roger Staubach. Archie Griffin only voted for Manziel. A writer from Topeka Kansas only voted for Klein. Lots of Texas writers of course are supporting Manziel. All four writers for an Oklahoma paper have supported Manti, which is nice. In any case, I expect the award to go to Manziel at this point and would reinforce that the integrity line is just there for fluff. I'm no less proud of Manti's work on and off the field this year, it's quite an accomplishment for any pure defensive player to be invited to New York.
Those particular voters have only indicated who they voted for number 1. The web site only tabulates what it knows for sure. Since they have no indication who they voted second and third, that web site leaves those blank. Both Griffin and Staubach could've voted Manti 2nd, but at this point nobody really knows for sure.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
rtrn2glory
All-American

Cash: 671,135,692.10
Total Bankroll: 671,135,692.10
Donate
rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!rtrn2glory should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Chicago Bears Notre Dame

here's the way i see it:

raise your hand if you knew who johnny manziel was before the bama game.....

Man'ti has been consistent all year.

just like coach kelly said...if he doesn't win the heisman, make it an offensive award b/c there is no doubt who the best FOOTBALL player in the country is this year.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
ulukinatme
Choosy Moms choose .GIF

Cash: 4,333.77
Bank: 1,040,394,798.01
Total Bankroll: 1,040,399,131.78
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Te'o detractors have commented that his stats sheet (Outside of the INTs) doesn't even show him to be the best LB in the country this year, let alone some previous years where defenders didn't go to New York. I've countered that Te'o is leading the #1 defense on the #1 team, and that they do a good job of getting offenses off the field resulting in less plays. If you look at the previous two years in comparison, this team is averaging 8 less plays a game.

The other comments I've seen is that Manti's highlights are 30 seconds long and involve him running around/cheering a lot. I counter that a fast defensive stop or goal line stand only takes one second...scrambling around for 20 seconds against poor tackling is easy to make a long highlight tape about

Last edited by ulukinatme; 12-06-2012 at 09:08 AM..