Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
Riddickulous
"That" Guy

Cash: 2,067,397.89
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,067,397.89
Donate
Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!Riddickulous should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title2014 View Post
Texas A&M fans have actually been the worst. It's like they are overcompensating for being the new guys. It's embarrassing.
They are unbearable. I lurk on one board and every other thread is bashing Manti or speculation over how badly Bama will destroy us in the NCG.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #72 (permalink)
NOLAIrish
May Contain 10% Ethanol

Cash: 4,403.06
Bank: 73,645,796.83
Total Bankroll: 73,650,199.89
Donate
NOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the communityNOLAIrish is a leader in the community
New Orleans Hornets New Orleans Saints Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title2014 View Post
Texas A&M fans have actually been the worst. It's like they are overcompensating for being the new guys. It's embarrassing.
I don't run into many of them in New Orleans, thankfully. I primarily catch heat from LSU, UGA and Auburn (!) fans. I usually catch the ND games at an Irish pub down here, so we're usually safe there, but my lady friend is a Bama fan, so have to move to a more SEC-oriented bar for those, and I usually have at least 2-3 idiots throwing abuse my way by the end of the night. A few weeks ago, an LSU fan kept shouting down the bar how much he hates everything ND stands for and I made the mistake of chiming in with, "What is it about us, exactly, that you can't stand? The proper education or the commitment to ethics and social justice?" Went over so well the bartender offered to cover my tab to get us out of there before the place exploded. Whoops.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDinFL View Post
I've never understood their whole incestual conference love.

LSU/Bama is a rivalry, you root against your rival. Period.

It's like a comforting consolation prize to some of those SEC baffoons

"Well, we got beat, but we're stil in the ESSS EEEE CEEEE"
Hah, this is another one that nearly me in trouble. A couple of guys were pumping SEC superiority and I made a comment about how I hadn't seen so much cousin-kissing since accidentally stumbling into a family reunion in Tuscaloosa. Thankfully, I made that comment at the ND-friendly pub. This season has really destroyed my filter.

Last edited by NOLAIrish; 12-02-2012 at 12:50 AM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #73 (permalink)
HereComeTheIrish

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAIrish View Post
I don't run into many of them in New Orleans, thankfully. I primarily catch heat from LSU, UGA and Auburn (!) fans. I usually catch the ND games at an Irish pub down here, so we're usually safe there, but my lady friend is a Bama fan, so have to move to a more SEC-oriented bar for those, and I usually have at least 2-3 idiots throwing abuse my way by the end of the night. A few weeks ago, an LSU fan kept shouting down the bar how much he hates everything ND stands for and I made the mistake of chiming in with, "What is it about us, exactly, that you can't stand? The proper education or the commitment to ethics and social justice?" Went over so well the bartender offered to cover my tab to get us out of there before the place exploded. Whoops.
It would have been worth the price of admission alone to stay and hear what the hayseed came up with. Drinks+apps=60 dollars.... Waiting for SEC fans to give a logical, well thought out response while dribbling chaw down their chin=Priceless

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #74 (permalink)
IrishAlum1997
"Gru" the Dew

Cash: 1,070.29
Bank: 34,000,076,362.46
Total Bankroll: 34,000,077,432.75
Donate
IrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the communityIrishAlum1997 is a leader in the community
Los Angeles Lakers New Orleans Saints Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddickulous View Post
They are unbearable. I lurk on one board and every other thread is bashing Manti or speculation over how badly Bama will destroy us in the NCG.
Yes, Aggie is unbearable. I had an A&M alum walk up to me for no other reason than to tell me he was going to root for Alabama or Georgia to beat us. When I inquired as to why, his response was, "SEC." Like they have been in the conference for 20 years. Absolutely irrational.

They have been "little brother" in this state for a long, long time. 4 months ago they were crapping their pants wondering what they got themselves into. Let's see how they look when the SEC gets an offseason to prepare for them. Color me skeptical.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #75 (permalink)
BurningRiver
Notre Dame class of '17

Cash: 1,296,632.94
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,296,632.94
Donate
BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!BurningRiver should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns

I've worn my Notre Dame tie to school every day since the Navy game. Every day idiots see it and tell me how we have no chance against the SEC, and I respond with silence. Ignorant comments don't deserve answers.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #76 (permalink)
HereComeTheIrish

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRiver View Post
I've worn my Notre Dame tie to school every day since the Navy game. Every day idiots see it and tell me how we have no chance against the SEC, and I respond with silence. Ignorant comments don't deserve answers.
Dude.... You live in Cleveland. It's not like you live in Dixie. That story has nothing to do with anything being discussed. If it were us v. Buckturds, then I could see you having a pony in the race, but this means nothing.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #77 (permalink)
Title2114
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Cash: 341.39
Bank: 214,186,877,831.70
Total Bankroll: 214,186,878,173.09
Donate
Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Butler Arsenal USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddickulous View Post
Any sports-related board will be unbearable for the next 37 days. The SEC circlejerk along with classic ND hate is going to drive me nuts which is one reason why I will be intolerant towards literally every SEC poster who joins this board.