Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to play?
Alabama 76 74.51%
Georgia 26 25.49%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
NDGOLDEN
Walk-On

Cash: 14,159.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 14,159.57
Donate
NDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to beholdNDGOLDEN is a splendid one to behold

Alabama or Georgia?

I know we keep talking about it but i just wanted to make a thread on who we really want to play for the NCG.

I still don't even know who i want to play cause they both run well on offense and both have efficient QB but not great QB's. We stop the run extremely well and personally id rather go up against 2 freshman RB's at Georgia in this situation.

And plus Georgia is worse on run defense then bama is and we thrive on getting the run working so golson can get to work and do what he does.

But watching what manziel did to bamas D a couple weeks ago and i know golson isn't the exact same but he is close to manizel in that he can get out of the pocket and run and i think bama has trouble with mobile QB's.

And if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best which right now is the reigning champions in bama.

Saying all this i still dont know who id rather play but realistically it doesnt matter cause were gonna come out with a really good game plan and play whoever we need to and do what we do and this year its WINNING.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
koonja
**** Michigan

Cash: 83,185.53
Bank: 2,384,987,828.84
Total Bankroll: 2,385,071,014.37
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

This thread needs a poll.

I just want to play whoever we're most likely to beat. It will be the SEC winner, so bama/Georgia, doesn't matter to me.

Egos aside, who do we have the best chance to beat?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
IrishLax
Forcibly Amped!!!

Cash: 138,946.60
Bank: 30,608,856,286,278.67
Total Bankroll: 30,608,856,425,225.27
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuehnja View Post
This thread needs a poll.

I just want to play whoever we're most likely to beat. It will be the SEC winner, so bama/Georgia, doesn't matter to me.

Egos aside, who do we have the best chance to beat?
Definitely needs a poll.

Here is my view on things...

If we were playing the team next week, I would want Alabama. Their defense, despite their lofty ranking, is vulnerable sometimes when they can't dominate the LOS... and our defense is a really good matchup against their style of offense. Georgia, if they bring their 'A' game (which is inconsistent), has some crazy good individual players that might make too many big plays.

But given the 5 weeks of prep? I think I want Georgia. Because Nick Saban with that much time = not good. Mark Richt? I think Kelly wins that coaching matchup. And when Georgia brings their 'B' game they are downright average... their OL isn't super awesome like 'Bama so we should get *some* rush... and Murray can implode when that happens. Then we only have to not make mistakes on O... because Jarvis Jones, Bacarri Rambo, & Co. can make game changing plays if you aren't careful. But with 5 weeks of prep? I think we'd be mighty careful.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
mgriff
Useful idiot

Cash: 72,182.30
Bank: 11,849,187,748.57
Total Bankroll: 11,849,259,930.87
Donate
mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!mgriff should be giving advice to Kelly!
Miami Dolphins Notre Dame Liverpool

I want Alabama for the historical reasons, but in terms of winning I would want Georgia. Both are good teams and won't be an easy win, but Saban is a much better coach than Mark Richt in my opinion. UGA is going to need to play lights out just to beat Bama this Saturday. We match up better with Bama's offense, but I think Bama is a better team overall. I'll be watching Saturday night and analyzing everything I can.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Steve
Majestic Unicorn

Cash: 50,142,629.07
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 50,142,629.07
Donate
Steve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via Yahoo to Steve
Baltimore Orioles Washington Wizards Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame USA

Poll added.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
pumpdog20
Freshman

Cash: 971,409.64
Bank: 152,154,888.24
Total Bankroll: 153,126,297.88
Donate
pumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the communitypumpdog20 is a leader in the community
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Iowa

Give me Bama.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
koonja
**** Michigan

Cash: 83,185.53
Bank: 2,384,987,828.84
Total Bankroll: 2,385,071,014.37
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
Give me Bama.
As in, you want to beat them? Or you think ND has a better chance to beat them? I'm with LAX on this.