Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #50 (permalink)
notredomer23
Go Irish

Cash: 4,964.15
Bank: 74.75
Total Bankroll: 5,038.90
Donate
notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants Notre Dame Manchester City USA

All I am gonna say for this team to finish ranked higher than that will need to do two things and two things only..

1. Don't turn the damn ball over. Have a positive turnover differential. At least +8 would be a very nice improvement.

2. Continued improvement on defense from a top 30 defense last year to a top 20 defense this year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
notredomer23
Go Irish

Cash: 4,964.15
Bank: 74.75
Total Bankroll: 5,038.90
Donate
notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!notredomer23 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants Notre Dame Manchester City USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamp1900 View Post
Bama loses (or will lose) almost everything that made them special this year... don't be shocked if it's a game
Not a chance...It might be fairly low scoring, but Michigan won't score more than 2 touchdowns and I like this because Denard will be roughed up and worn down by the time we play him
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
North Buffalo Irish
Freshman

Cash: 130,488.73
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 130,488.73
Donate
North Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond reputeNorth Buffalo Irish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Bluth View Post
Says the teenager. haha

People in their thirties, or older, are the ones who have been through the real pain.
This makes no sense. Anyone in their 30s actually saw Notre Dame win a national title and continue to be successful into the early 90s.

I was born 4 weeks after the Fiesta Bowl win over West Virginia. My Notre Dame lifetime has been Bob Davie, George O'Leary (lol), Ty Willingham, Charlie Weis and two extremely disappointing seasons under Brian Kelly. One of my first sports memories is getting steamrolled by Kordell Stewart and Rashaan Salaam in the '95 Fiesta Bowl. Notre Dame hasn't been an elite program since then.

So, yeah, I really don't get how actually seeing the Irish win a national title and those epic battles with Miami and FSU as "real pain" when people in their 20s have only seen Notre Dame football define mediocrity.

Last edited by North Buffalo Irish; 01-10-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Title2114
BANNED

Cash: 80,005,095.69
Bank: 62,395,435,331.63
Total Bankroll: 62,475,440,427.32
Donate
Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!Title2114 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Tampa Bay Devil Rays Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Butler Arsenal USA

Landry Jones sucks. He shouldn't be on there.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
irishpat183
Banned

Cash: 2,929,848.45
Bank: 2,967,147,342.33
Total Bankroll: 2,970,077,190.79
Donate
irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishpat183 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Baltimore Orioles Houston Rockets Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
Winning a title requires good coaching, elite talent, and more than a little luck. ND fans with inferiority complexes were making the same arguments last year in comparison to Auburn. And where's Auburn now?

Point taken...but they won it all. Sometimes it's worth it to bet the house and cash in.
No team is full of 5-star recruits. Before Darby's decommitment, we had the #3 ranked class in the nation; behind only Texas and Alabama. LSU and 'Bama don't offer a lot of great prospects; not because those kids aren't good enough, but because LSU and 'Bama don't recruit much outside of the South (they don't have to).

And what recruiting sites are you on!?!??! I've never seen us higher than the top 15...What?

Of course ND fans want to think that every 3 recruit is this year's "sleeper". Sometimes it works out that way (see: Tyler Eifert). But we all know a 3 recruit's chances of becoming a productive starter are not good. Why this annoys you so much I'm not sure.

It annoys me because, rather than demand better recruiting, we give excuses about how that 3 star guy "fits our system"...dude can't play. Don't care the system. And yes, as I stated, there are exceptions. But for every Eifert, there are 10 Deon Walkers

We do recruit guys who can do all those things. But we also require that they be able to spell their names and lack a criminal record. That counts us out for virtually every guy you saw playing on 'Bama's defense last night.

Yes, I don't disagree with ND's standards...but there is a happy medium that we have failed to reach. And funny how we were able to do this during the Holtz years? What happened to that? Why the drop off?

Don't fall into the trap of blaming ND's chronic underachievement on one factor. You seem to be blaming personnel, which is obviously part of the problem, but it goes much deeper than that. And at the end of the day, ND will never be able to manage it's roster like an SEC team, so we'll always be at a disadvantage.
So why the whining about the SEC being overrated? Or ND being given the shaft? When it's obvious that they get the best talent. NCAA football is now about the product and the athletes...not the students. Which is sad on so many levels. But it's the way it is.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Me2SouthBend
Keith Arnold

Cash: 77,248.30
Bank: 385,088,773,291.16
Total Bankroll: 385,088,850,539.46
Donate
Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Lakers Pittsburgh Steelers Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:

Not sure that this is something to be proud of, but thanks for noticing.
You bring quality info in your posts, so yes it's all good. 5000+ annual posts of nonsense would be not so good. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
Grahambo

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Quote:
To be fair, this year's seniors were part of ND's 2008 recruiting class; the highest ranked ever. Kelly has certainly had depth and fit issues with some of Charlie's players (particularly at QB), but the cupboard was far from bare when Weis left.
Something will probably agree to disagree on. No quality QB, no RB depth, LB core very weak sans Te'o, no depth at the CB spot.