Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Polish Irishman
Just your hero

Cash: 65,448.52
Bank: 12,351,269,929,723.65
Total Bankroll: 12,351,269,995,172.17
Donate
The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!The Polish Irishman should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

New ND TECHFIT Jerseys

University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – October 11, 2010 – Today, adidas and the University of Notre Dame unveil their new TECHFIT compression football jerseys. Featuring a ground-breaking compression fit and weighing 30 percent lighter than standard football jerseys, the adidas TECHFIT jersey will help players be lighter and faster on the field. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish will wear the new adidas TECHFIT jerseys this Saturday, Oct. 16 as they host Western Michigan at Notre Dame Stadium at 2:30 pm ET on NBC.

“The players could not be more excited about wearing the TECHFIT jersey this weekend,” said Notre Dame Head Coach Brian Kelly. “They love the tight fit of the jersey and the idea that they are wearing a uniform that is on the cutting edge of jersey design. The fact that the material is 30 percent lighter than what we have used in the past will decrease the jersey’s slack and should reduce the number of hand-arm tackles by our opponents. In a game often decided by inches, coaches are always looking for any small advantage they can give their team. We think the TECHFIT uniforms will benefit us greatly.”

The new Notre Dame TECHFIT jersey from adidas is a complete reconstruction of the standard uniform with multiple innovations to reduce the weight of the jersey by 30 percent. These technologies include a streamlined fit, new fabric, reduced seams and an ultra lightweight name and numbering system. In addition, the Notre Dame TECHFIT jersey keeps players cool with integrated ventilation zones and moisture management fabric. Reduced seams and a restriction-free, high-stretch collar design increases range of motion to support player agility and speed.

“The new TECHFIT jersey design will make old jerseys obsolete,” said Mark Daniels, director of football and team sports for adidas. “adidas is changing the game with this revolutionary jersey construction and compression fit because we know the right gear can make a difference during a split second play. Less material and a tighter fit means the jersey is harder to grab and you can’t tackle what you can’t grab. College football is more competitive than ever before and teams need every advantage they can get on the field.”

In addition to Notre Dame, six other adidas schools will debut the new TECHFIT jerseys this month including Michigan, Louisville, Cincinnati, Texas A&M, UCLA and Tennessee.

adidas designs and develops high-performance and lightweight football cleats, apparel and accessories for some of the greatest players and teams in the game including Reggie Bush of the Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints, Mario Williams of the Houston Texans, C.J. Spiller of the Buffalo Bills and Eric Berry of the Kansas City Chiefs. adidas is the official uniform and apparel provider for more than 70 collegiate football programs.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
johnnykillz

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Nice. I'm glad I didn't buy the new jersey now. Of course, the last thing my out of shape *** needs is a compression fit jersey to wear around town on my drunk ***.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
NankerPhelge
WANKER

Cash: 1,926.38
Bank: 1,619,291.38
Total Bankroll: 1,621,217.76
Donate
NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!NankerPhelge should be giving advice to Kelly!

Yeah, I was hoping for the extra-baggy "regular guy" look, myself.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
nlroma1o
Sophomore

Cash: 65,985.23
Bank: 2,397,972,902.10
Total Bankroll: 2,398,038,887.33
Donate
nlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond reputenlroma1o has a reputation beyond repute
New York Yankees New York Jets Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame Italy

I wonder when they will go on sale to the public....

I gotsta get me one of dem.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
NeuteredDoomer
RIP - You are missed

Cash: 1,934,982.52
Bank: 4,502,862.02
Total Bankroll: 6,437,844.54
Donate
NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!

ND needs to cover Crist's shoulders. It has become apparent that the short sleeves are a distraction to him. Amazing how such an apparent simple thing like uniform fit and texture can make a difference. I once had a dynamic QB tackled, full body wrap and potential safety, turn into a 102 yard run for TD because he literally slipped through my bear hug from chest to toe. To this day, I believe his uni was sprayed with some slippy stuff.

Hey NDFanSouthWest and Johnykillz, dude was from Roswell Goddard. F U C K E R. I met the 230 pound fullback from that team a few years later. We went head to head the entire game. I guess that was their game plan, for he and I to go head to head. I found his address and peed on his lawn.

Dude was a great guy. Probably next mayor somewhere in NM.

But I peed on his lawn. Hurt him a bit that day.

Last edited by NeuteredDoomer; 10-11-2010 at 11:22 AM..
Old 10-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
tko
I am Legend

Cash: 269.64
Bank: 4,857,955,534,080.33
Total Bankroll: 4,857,955,534,349.97
Donate
tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykillz View Post
Nice. I'm glad I didn't buy the new jersey now. Of course, the last thing my out of shape *** needs is a compression fit jersey to wear around town on my drunk ***.
it will really accentuate your dickiedoo!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
johnnykillz

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
Hey NDFanSouthWest and Johnykillz, dude was from Roswell Goddard. F U C K E R. I met the 230 pound fullback from that team a few years later. We went head to head the entire game. I guess that was their game plan, for he and I to go head to head. I found his address and peed on his lawn.

Dude was a great guy. Probably next mayor somewhere in NM.

But I peed on his lawn. Hurt him a bit that day.
LMAO. The Rockets whipped Carlsbad the other night, 27-7. They are once again a top yearly contender for NM's 4A title. They won it last year and look like they'll be a repeat this year. Artesia is unceremeoniously stinking this year. It will be interesting come play-offs to see where Aztec lines up with competition. I need to find out if they are 4A or 5A. If they are 5A, how cool would that be to see the Cavemen square up with Hegarty?

How about them Aggies over those Lobos in the loser bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tko View Post
it will really accentuate your dickiedoo!!!!
LOL!

No comment. Drunken fat guys and compression fit anything doesn't mix well.