Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wingman Ray
Sophomore

Cash: 1,289,875,263.81
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,289,875,263.81
Donate
Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!

How do you guys do it?

I must admit, over the past two years, I have not watched one full ND game while it is live being played. I will oftentimes go back and watch it later on but I have just found I do not have the fortitude to endure what seems to be storybook ND...being ahead and watching the opposition's qb look like a heisman winner or ND just completely folding to a low to middle of the B10 pack team. It ruins my weekend and puts me in a foul mood with my wife and kid, which I dont want. So I just avoid it and click on Yahoo Sports for score updates. I feel like a ghost ND fan but I just dont know how to deal with it otherwise. I mean I just cant sit through watching Mich win the game and then lose to Mich St and Purdue during the season. What do you guys do other than drown your sorrows in beer (I dont drink anymore) to deal with it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
FightingIrishLover7
Go Irish

Cash: 100,379,869.54
Total Bankroll: 100,379,869.54
Donate
FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!

This is the saddest post I've seen on here.

Good job.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wingman Ray
Sophomore

Donate
Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
This is the saddest post I've seen on here.

Good job.
Sorry to burst your bubble. Life is tough sometimes buttercup
Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
arrowryan
All-American

Cash: 100,000,000,003,145,120.00
Total Bankroll: 100,000,000,003,145,120.00
Donate
arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!arrowryan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

When I was younger, losses by Notre Dame and the Steelers used to ruin my weekends. As of like 4-5 years ago, something in me just changed. I think I've just taught myself to not get overly upset over things I can't control. I'll still get upset if Notre Dame loses in a way they shouldn't or to a team they shouldn't lose to, but I don't let it ruin my weekend. For example, I don't recall being angry at all when they lost to UGA last year. I think of it this way, if my favorite team losing is the worst thing to happen to me this week then I'd say it was a pretty good week.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 41,948,708,484,975,304.00
Bank: 145,681,117,252,779,872.00
Total Bankroll: 187,629,825,737,755,168.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

For not watching the games, you sure do bitch and complain about what you see from the team a lot.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
GrangerIrish24
He who waits for it.

Cash: 1,424,305.75
Bank: 5,521,621,669,692.45
Total Bankroll: 5,521,623,093,998.20
Donate
GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!GrangerIrish24 should be giving advice to Kelly!

I view it for what it is, entertainment.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wingman Ray
Sophomore

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowryan View Post
When I was younger, losses by Notre Dame and the Steelers used to ruin my weekends. As of like 4-5 years ago, something in me just changed. I think I've just taught myself to not get overly upset over things I can't control. I'll still get upset if Notre Dame loses in a way they shouldn't or to a team they shouldn't lose to, but I don't let it ruin my weekend. For example, I don't recall being angry at all when they lost to UGA last year. I think of it this way, if my favorite team losing is the worst thing to happen to me this week then I'd say it was a pretty good week.
And I agree. You are right. I mean, Im not like kicking the dog and slamming door mad just pretty disgusted. And it is negative emotion I dont need. I realize you cant win them all and losing to a team like GA is a lot better than a team like Mich.