Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sea Turtle
Walk-On

Cash: 99,993,599.39
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 99,993,599.39
Donate
Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!

The 2019 schedule is insane

Good grief, are we TRYING to miss the playoffs?

Opponent
Sept. 2 at Louisville
Sept. 7 Bye
Sept. 14 New Mexico
Sept. 21 at Georgia
Sept. 28 Virginia
Oct. 5 Bowling Green
Oct. 12 USC
Oct. 19 Bye
Oct. 26 at Michigan
Nov. 2 Virginia Tech
Nov. 9 at Duke
Nov. 16 Navy
Nov. 23 Boston College
Nov. 30 at Stanford

Last edited by Sea Turtle; 07-05-2018 at 06:05 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-05-2018, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothingman
Here come the pain!

Cash: 22,175.64
Bank: 5,996,823,497.24
Total Bankroll: 5,996,845,672.88
Donate
Nothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond repute
St Louis Cardinals Notre Dame

Not trying to be condescending, but how long have you been a Notre Dame fan? A difficult schedule is as much a tradition as gold helmets.

I do agree with you though (As do many others) that we don't really do ourselves any favors by having a meat grinder of a schedule every year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sea Turtle
Walk-On

Cash: 99,993,599.39
Total Bankroll: 99,993,599.39
Donate
Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingman View Post
Not trying to be condescending, but how long have you been a Notre Dame fan? A difficult schedule is as much a tradition as gold helmets.

I do agree with you though (As do many others) that we don't really do ourselves any favors by having a meat grinder of a schedule every year.
I've been a fan since 1988. Challenging is one thing but this is just over the top. 6-6 is a very real possibility here.

It's not like we are Alabama or Ohio State(who I understand are coming on the schedule as well). We just aren't powerful enough for this type of schedule. And even they don't schedule like this.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 600,384,863.88
Bank: 70,920,527,011,980,392.00
Total Bankroll: 70,920,527,612,365,264.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

I think the ‘18 schedule is worse.

The travel in the later part of the year for ‘18 turns games that are already potential traps into legitimate concerning scenarios.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
stlnd01
Starter

Cash: 50,064,613.72
Total Bankroll: 50,064,613.72
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Is it weird that doesn’t strike me as unusually bad?
Yes we go to Michigan and Georgia (and Louisville) and I don’t love the back six weeks without a breather.
But who knows how good Michigan and Louisville will be, and otherwise it’s pretty standard. If we go 6-6 it’s because we’re not very good.

Edit: Aside from the atypical later season road game against Michigan (which kind of replaces a trip to Clemson/FSU/Miami), and the last three games against typically tough physical opponents, that actually sets up OK for us, I think. We have New Mexico before Georgia, Bowling Green before USC, and a bye before Michigan. Breathers before our three biggest games. That’s unusual..

Last edited by stlnd01; 07-05-2018 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nothingman
Here come the pain!

Cash: 22,175.64
Bank: 5,996,823,497.24
Total Bankroll: 5,996,845,672.88
Donate
Nothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond reputeNothingman has a reputation beyond repute
St Louis Cardinals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Turtle View Post
I've been a fan since 1988. Challenging is one thing but this is just over the top. 6-6 is a very real possibility here.

It's not like we are Alabama or Ohio State(who I understand are coming on the schedule as well). We just aren't powerful enough for this type of schedule. And even they don't schedule like this.
I fell in love with Notre Dame in 1988 as well.

The only comfort I can offer is that prior to the 2012 season, the schedule looked brutal. MichSt on the road, Oklahoma on the road, U$C on the road, scUM, Stanford, Navy on another continent to open the season in addition to the usual pesky opponents like Purdue, Pitt, and BC. Despite this, ND overcame.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
BabyIrish
Marble Mouth

Cash: 8,240,007,616.02
Bank: 62,733,737,778.45
Total Bankroll: 70,973,745,394.47
Donate
BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlnd01 View Post
Is it weird that doesnít strike me as unusually bad?
Yes we go to Michigan and Georgia (and Louisville) and I donít love the back six weeks without a breather.
But who knows how good Michigan and Louisville will be, and otherwise itís pretty standard. If we go 6-6 itís because weíre not very good.

Edit: Aside from the atypical later season road game against Michigan (which kind of replaces a trip to Clemson/FSU/Miami), and the last three games against typically tough physical opponents, that actually sets up OK for us, I think. We have New Mexico before Georgia, Bowling Green before USC, and a bye before Michigan. Breathers before our three biggest games. Thatís unusual..
Exactly. Almost seems Bamaesque the way it was devised.